News Zhang Weili thinks Shevchenko feels threatened by her

Shevchenko probably gets the feeling of being threatened pretty easily. Only reason she's champion is cause the UFC opened 125. She couldn't beat Amanda and cutting to 115 is most likely too hard on her. She can KO the likes of Jessica Eye and Chookagin but everyone knows Weili's competition is FAR greater than Valentina's.

Valentina has a better resume than Zhang

Shevchenko probably gets the feeling of being threatened pretty easily. Only reason she's champion is cause the UFC opened 125. She couldn't beat Amanda and cutting to 115 is most likely too hard on her. She can KO the likes of Jessica Eye and Chookagin but everyone knows Weili's competition is FAR greater than Valentina's.

Only reason she's champion because UFC created 125.... Wow, what a clever statement.

Only reason Nunes is a double champ is because UFC created 145. Only reason Nunes is a champ at 135 is because Rousey created the division and cutting to 125 is most likely too hard on Nunes. Only reason Figueiredo is champion is because UFC created 125. Only reason Usman is champ is because UFC created 170 because he can't cut to 155.

LOL, Shevchenko fought a much bigger undisputed WMMA GOAT to a split decision loss and may very well be the 2nd best WMMA fighter of all time... and you came up with the idea that she's only champ because there are things called weight classes.

Valentina has a better resume than Zhang
Not by much lol. Look, I know Shevchenko has her deluded fanbase around here but the only feather in her cap she has over Weili is Holly. That's about it.

I don't feel that Zhang poses much of a threat against Shevchenko, but I certainly feel she deserves her day in court to prove me wrong. There isn't really much else going on at 125 yet (some decent prospects, but no one ready for a title shot yet). I feel that if Zhang and Shevchenko both win, a fight would be warranted. Shevchenko has never exactly been the most savory person publicly, not that it matters; you'd think that she annihilated Nunes in both fights based on how she recollects their match ups. I would imagine that being a high level athlete may have something to do with it, but it's naturally not going to rub off well on others at times, such as Zhang in this case.

Argument doesn't even make sense.

So you think there should be:

115lb division
135lb
145lb of Amanda and no one else

If you prefer Weili or dislike Shevchenko fine. But at least use logical and coherent arguments

Argument doesn't even make sense.

So you think there should be:

115lb division
135lb
145lb of Amanda and no one else

If you prefer Weili or dislike Shevchenko fine. But at least use logical and coherent arguments
At no point did I ever bring up 145. Shame that all the good posters from 2009 are banned or left and the only ones left are a bunch of putzes.

Still rather see zhang fight nunez, but they probably wanna build Zhang's resume with a win over Valentina first to help cement like two gwoats battling it out with each other after she gets thru thug rose.

Bullet would end weili

Rooting for the thug to reclaim the belt.

"Thug Rose! Thug Rose!"

- DC

Because that's how fights are scored, degree of forehead swelling. :D

Sure if all of that happened in round 1 and then Joanna proceeded to dominate I would agree but that's not what happened. The striking overall was pretty close but with one of them ending up looking Quasimodo.

At no point did I ever bring up 145. Shame that all the good posters from 2009 are banned or left and the only ones left are a bunch of putzes.

Take the rose tinted glasses off, you're showing your age lol, there's plenty of solid posters, and most of you guys from 2009 shouldn't even feel the need to post as often on here anyway, some of you are in your Mid 30's to early 40's. And if it's really a "shame", than accept that your old, and Sherdog isn't what it used to be and stop logging on.

Sounds like masochism to me if you dislike a majority of the people you interact with.

Still rather see zhang fight nunez, but they probably wanna build Zhang's resume with a win over Valentina first to help cement like two gwoats battling it out with each other after she gets thru thug rose.

I doubt she beats Bullet nor Thug. Most thought she lost to Jedi. I don't even think she deserves to fight Valentina next with one controversial title defense, although I suppose that remains to be seen if she can get past Rose. I still prefer champs to have more title defenses under their belt first. People really want the UFC to rush another potential international star to an undeserved champ champ opportunity only for them to lose and hurt their stock (only for the short term, but still).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back