Youre pathetic if you question Cowboy.

I don't doubt cowboy, Im just disappointed with his performance.
He didn't throw a single punch in that fight.
After the python jacket, hat, theatrics and "we're gonna blow the roof off of this fuckin place," he walked in there and failed to throw a single punch.

Come on guys...

A man like Cowboy isn't gonna kiss his son and wife on national TV and then go out and get beat up on purpose.

A man wouldn't...COULDNT do that, it would be too hard to look at your family in the face after that, too hard to look at yourself in the mirror.

Put some hespect on Cowboy and hey, UFC...GIVE THAT MAN A JOB so he can stop fighting.
Sheep like you believe the party line without question. He was handpicked to put up the same fight he did in his previous two fights. By giving him the sought after "money" fight and a new 6 fight contract there was an understanding of how this fight was to be fought. "I'm going to stand and bang" is tantamount to saying I'm not going to do my best to win.

Youre pathetic if you question Cowboy.

I don't think he took a dive, I have no proof.

However I have seen fighters take vicious beatings here on Sherdog over losses and poor outings in which they actually came to perform and defend themselves like professionals.

Cowboy holds the records for Ws and finishes yet the guy throws 0 punches and lands 0 strikes within 41 seconds of the most important fight of his career.

You're pathetic if you are giving Cowboy a pass for that performance.

Forget that, do you think Conor would want to win a fixed fight?
giphy.gif

Come on guys...

A man like Cowboy isn't gonna kiss his son and wife on national TV and then go out and get beat up on purpose.

A man wouldn't...COULDNT do that, it would be too hard to look at your family in the face after that, too hard to look at yourself in the mirror.

Put some hespect on Cowboy and hey, UFC...GIVE THAT MAN A JOB so he can stop fighting.

You are a naive, un-intelligent man-child. Fixed as fuck. I called it before it happened. Too bad you're too stupid to conceive it.

I don't doubt cowboy, Im just disappointed with his performance.
He didn't throw a single punch in that fight.
After the python jacket, hat, theatrics and "we're gonna blow the roof off of this fuckin place," he walked in there and failed to throw a single punch.

giphy.gif

ask mark coleman how much it costs to take a dive lol i can understand why they would do that also as money is more important than a little bit of glory

If they felt like fixing a fight to have Conor win why would they do it with Cowboy?

Pay him extra to lose a fight he has very liitle chance to win to begin with?

Makes no sense.

Everybody and Cerrone's grandma knew that Conor would win unless the drugs and booze turned him into late career BJ Penn. And it certainly did not seem to be the case.
Yeah, UFC taking a massive risk, risk losing billions + permanently destroying their brand...

All to fix a fight that was a foregone conclusion already. Conor haters are hilariously delusional <36>

Everything happened so fast.

Conor explodes with a straight left, Cowboy ducks it...clinch...shoulder strike breaks his nose, shoulder strike hurts his eye...disengage...hes dazed...gets headkicked.

DONE

He had no chance, Ben Askren had no chance...same thing.

Who wouldn't take a dive for millions of $ ?

Probably someone who's alredy rich, was already going to get paid a fortune for the fight, and stood to profit more from a win. Also anyone who knows that taking a dive is illeagal and can have some pretty serious reprecussions up to and including prison time. Someone who doesn't know how to launder millions of dollars or how they'd explain it on their taxes.

This "take a dive and get millions" tinfoil hat stuff seems a lot more plausible until you have to actually think about how you'd pull it off. Do they give you a nice tracable check or a Walter White-esque pile of cash? What do you do with a pile of cash. You can't go to the bank with it. It's high risk and difficult to spend.

Also how does Endeavor media (UFC's parent company) hide this 5 mil on their books. They explored an IPO in 2019 and are talking about an offering in 2020. Which means their books will be open to high levels of scrutiny. I'm sure they'd be eager to blow a billion dollar IPO on a fight fixing/bribery scandal because Conor's comback could make them tens of millions. Conor is big business in the MMA game, but he's not top 10 on Endeavor's list of concerns.

How to people think all of this works? Do you think millions disappear and no one ever looks where it goes?

Everything happened so fast.

Conor explodes with a straight left, Cowboy ducks it...clinch...shoulder strike breaks his nose, shoulder strike hurts his eye...disengage...hes dazed...gets headkicked.

DONE

He had no chance, Ben Askren had no chance...same thing.

Well stated - that’s how I saw it too, not ‘Cowboy didn’t even throw a single punch’ . Cowboy got messed up before he could launch any offense. His head was still ringing during the interview when he thought the shoulder strikes were elbows.
My only real problem with Cowboy was that he seemed too content with his loss. A maniac like T-Ferg would be livid with himself if he took a loss like that and we’d all know it.

Probably someone who's alredy rich, was already going to get paid a fortune for the fight, and stood to profit more from a win. Also anyone who knows that taking a dive is illeagal and can have some pretty serious reprecussions up to and including prison time. Someone who doesn't know how to launder millions of dollars or how they'd explain it on their taxes.

This "take a dive and get millions" tinfoil hat stuff seems a lot more plausible until you have to actually think about how you'd pull it off. Do they give you a nice tracable check or a Walter White-esque pile of cash? What do you do with a pile of cash. You can't go to the bank with it. It's high risk and difficult to spend.

Also how does Endeavor media (UFC's parent company) hide this 5 mil on their books. They explored an IPO in 2019 and are talking about an offering in 2020. Which means their books will be open to high levels of scrutiny. I'm sure they'd be eager to blow a billion dollar IPO on a fight fixing/bribery scandal because Conor's comback could make them tens of millions. Conor is big business in the MMA game, but he's not top 10 on Endeavor's list of concerns.

How to people think all of this works? Do you think millions disappear and no one ever looks where it goes?
And why would a massive, multi-billion dollar company open themselves up to blackmail and discovery, risking serious repercussions and permanently destroying their brand? Fixed fights make sense for promoters who stand to gain a significant % increase to their total net worth from the fix, not for megacorporations that stand to lose far more than they stand to gain..... especially when the fight is already massively in favor of the person they're "fixing" it for.

he didn't dive, but being completely washed he was just there to collect a pay cheque

Well stated - that’s how I saw it too, not ‘Cowboy didn’t even throw a single punch’ . Cowboy got messed up before he could launch any offense. His head was still ringing during the interview when he thought the shoulder strikes were elbows.
My only real problem with Cowboy was that he seemed too content with his loss. A maniac like T-Ferg would be livid with himself if he took a loss like that and we’d all know it.

I think he been fighting so long and has been through this so many times... hes lost so many big fights that hes learned how to process it.

He knows at this point his best is behind him, it was never good enough and that its coming to an end.

I feel sorry for Cowboy. After all he's done for your entertainment you give him this shit? He has money already and just got outclassed in a fight against a much better opponent. Everyone claiming he took a dive is just a McGregor hating fucking loser.

Back