Your top 3 games that deserve total remake or/and further support (DLCs, maps and so on)

Knights of the Old Republic deserves a remake with mod capabilities.

Final Fantasy 7 deserves a remake not being made by someone looking to just
make money. A direct remake, no changes to combat, story or world.

Kingdom Come Deliverance deserves a real mod kit so actual mods can be made for it...with modders working on its bad combat, and expanding its world, it can easily top Oblivion and Skyrim. A few expansions would also be great...fuck DLCs and the money grab it brings.
I always thought that the combat in Kingdom come Deliverance was as close to realistic as it gets on a video game. Loved the fact that you can find some of the combos in old training manuals from that time. What exactly was wrong with it?

One off the top of my head, I'd love a new Ogre Battle game, but a remake of OB64 would be the tits.

I always thought that the combat in Kingdom come Deliverance was as close to realistic as it gets on a video game. Loved the fact that you can find some of the combos in old training manuals from that time. What exactly was wrong with it?

There is a fine line between realism and fun and there is nothing fun about coming across some random robbery and be faced with 3 guys in rags fighting like master swordsmen constantly blocking everything and countering. The combat was not fun, this would be why out of the very few mods there are of the game, a decent portion of them targets combat with complaints that it cant be modded even more. It needs an overhaul.

There is a fine line between realism and fun and there is nothing fun about coming across some random robbery and be faced with 3 guys in rags fighting like master swordsmen constantly blocking everything and countering. The combat was not fun, this would be why out of the very few mods there are of the game, a decent portion of them targets combat with complaints that it cant be modded even more. It needs an overhaul.
That is kinda the point. In real life weapon fighting is not easy. You are supposed to learn the system. They even had a guy who you could spar forever and learn the combos. Much of it came straight from old manuals. What would be the point of the game if they change the very thing they set to create? Realistic weapons combat.

Remake - Morrowind, possibly the greatest open world RPG ever made, deserves an upgrade.
Remake - GTA San Andreas or Vice City with the GTA V engine.
Remake - Fallout New Vegas with the Fallout 4 engine adding the building support.

The point is that dirt poor uneducated peons were master swordsmen at a time when there were very few of them?!?

Anyway, is this the lets debate peoples choices thread?
Regarding the first point, in game, his adopted father was shown to be quite skilled. Not to mention that the PC gets quite a bit of training from an experienced swordsmen. Many masters from that time period were all not nobles, but taught nobles. Sure guys like Fiore were diplomats.
No. I was merely curious. My point is, dumbing down the combat system for people who cant handle the realism destroys what they were trying to make. It wouldnt be KDC with a easier system. Me personally, I am just sick and tired of simple, hack and slash bullshit that is so devoid of any form of reality or that it all just looks ludicrous..

In the end, different strokes for different folks. Meant no disrespect, was just curious.

My point is, dumbing down the combat system for people who cant handle the realism destroys what they were trying to make. It wouldnt be KDC with a easier system. Me personally, I am just sick and tired of simple, hack and slash bullshit that is so devoid of any form of reality or that it all just looks ludicrous.

There is dumbing down and then there is realistic...there is nothing realistic about a common robber,wearing rags, using a farmers tool defending and fighting like a master swordsmen...the point I made that you keep dancing around.

And no, there should not be 1000s of master swordsmen during this time period especially in a small area like in the game. You wouldnt even see that many in a professional army of 10,000 men as most of them would be what we would call "middle-class", not peon, not noble, and would not be master of any weapon but a generalist like a man-at-arms and most armies at the time had far more spearmen than swordsmen. The swordsmen actually ranks rather low on the quantity list in medieval armies of this time period behind heavy and light cavalry, bowmen, spear and pikemen and there were equal parts mace and sword. It is during this time period that the one handed sword started to be called an "arming sword" due to the fact it was no longer the main weapon, even of knights since it was also called a knightly sword, knightly arming sword...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knightly_sword

Back to your point. It isnt even realistic sword combat and the developers have stated that they DUMBED IT DOWN to make it easier...yet refuse to address the many complaints about how all they did was make it BORING and TEDIOUS.

" Our combat needs to be more simple and less complex compared to real combat, as you need to control it in the game."

https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/realistic-sword-combat/26510

That is a bogus statement to cover for bad programming...there are many games out there where you can do far more, more fluidly, with great depth.

So again, the game needs more mod support so gamers can make mods that improve on it. A thing that you, do not have to even use since you like unrealistic combat.

Props for tribes mention. Tribes 2 was one of my top 3 FPS games of all time, way way way ahead of its time.

I'd like to see re-imagining of some old school games

Earthbound
Cyberstorm
Privateer 2

the original Team Fortress or Mega TF (bring back 2fort4!).
Quake (No strogg bullshit, more Cthulhu / goth castle and a proper nailgun with shamblers and vores.)
bushido blade. realistic combat was tits on the ps1

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
L.A. Noire
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Timesplitters series hd collection with online play and all features intact and being faithful visually (enhanced graphics, but not redoing maps so they look different if you get my drift). Online play would have a mode allowing for all characters, weapons, weapon versions, maps and map versions from all three games.
Friday the 13th adds in a remake of the original LJN/Atlus Friday the 13th NES game using modern sprite work, and being faithful to the old game, but being able to go up against different visual versions of Jason. They also need to add in the NES cabin/title music to the main game. Too bad the rights to the film series is being contested between Sean Cunningham and Victor Miller.
Fatal Frame hd collection for the Switch. IV adnt e remake of II were never released in the U.S. and they just rendering them in hd would suffice since they already look really good for Wii games.
Metroid Prime hd collection.

Mass Effect Andromeda
MGS 1
ME 2 with XBone capabilities...because I'm greedy.

I don't think it's been long enough and projekt red is still a relatively small studio, so I couldn't justify remaking it while they still have a lot of new stuff they're going to do. That being said, i'd gladly play the shit out of it if they did it. The first two Witcher games' stories were so good that I couldn't put them down despite the combat being meh and the maps being somewhat linear, and I'm not even someone who really cares about stories in games.

What I'd REALLY love is a game set in the Witcher universe where you can create your own Witcher and choose a School to come from, which would basically be like choosing your class. I know it won't happen, but I like action RPGs where I get to create my character.

CDPR is enormous. One of the biggest developers in the world. The Witcher 3 team is like twice the size of Bethesda games.

Makes sense, though. Their games now are in the humongous category. I could dig a Witcher series remake/remaster. I remember W1 being a slow burn, with the first several hours being a slog until it opened up a bit. W2 just had complete ass for combat mechanics. Upgraded graphics and fix those problems and it’t be an insta-buy from me.

Would love updates of KOTOR, Diablo 2 and I always wondered why with all the nostalgia updates Ultima was never resurrected.

In no particular order.

1. Command and Conquer : I miss the RTS type of games.
2. Battlefield 3 , I played this on the Ps3 so I never got the full PC experience, I wish they remastered this for the Ps4 or Xbone.
3. Hulk game on PS2 , I liked the open world type where you could smash everything hehehe

Back