• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Top 1 80's song

Michael Des Barres and Holly Knight?

I had no idea Animotion's version was a cover. Holly Knight wrote or co-wrote quite a few hits like Love is a Battlefield, Better Be Good to Me, and The Warrior (Scandal) among others.

Michael Des Barres and Holly Knight?

I had no idea Animotion's version was a cover. Holly Knight wrote or co-wrote quite a few hits like Love is a Battlefield, Better Be Good to Me, and The Warrior (Scandal) among others.

I came across this a few years ago. Michael Des Barres is a somewhat prolific actor who happened to also be a talented musician. Most people who remember him probably remember him as Murdoc on MacGyver. He took over The Power Station vocals after Robert Palmer stepped away (We Fight For Love).

Holly Knight of Device fame is in the songwriter's Hall of Fame. She's won all kinds of writing awards. Them collaborating in the early 80's makes sense, but they were not necessarily well known. I mean to say, if you asked a random person who is Michael Des Barres and Holly Knight, unless they are music geeks like us, they won't know.

wl77x0L.gif

Back