Your thoughts on Ronda/Miesha 2?

Before the fight, Miesha said she couldn't lose via armbar to her rival a second time.

And then she did.

It certainly appeared Ronda was in Miesha's head in the worst way.

That's true, she could have kept it standing up, she was winning the exchanges, not by a long shot but still winning then she went potato's with the takedowns.

Nothing makes fight IQ shrink faster than a few hard shots to the head.

Either that or maybe she was trying too hard to live up to her nickname. Either way it was frustrating to watch and not because I dislike Ronda but rather, it would have been interesting to see the results and besides Miesha is tougher than few hard shots.

That's true, she could have kept it standing up, she was winning the exchanges, not by a long shot but still winning then she went potato's with the takedowns.

Either that or maybe she was trying too hard to live up to her nickname. Either way it was frustrating to watch and not because I dislike Ronda but rather, it would have been interesting to see the results and besides Miesha is tougher than few hard shots.
I say she went dumbdumb due shot to the head that made her reconsider. It's the most reasonable conclusion. Miesha may be tough, but it's not like she's never cracked by anyone that doesn't hit as hard as Ronda.

miesha was gonna get thrown wether she threw punches or shot takedowns. She dont have the power or the skills to keep ronda from doing that.

Zingano didn't TKO her? Ronda didn't break her arm then submit her in a 2nd fight? Nunes didn't absolutely steal her soul? Pennington didn't beat her down with a jab? Kaitlyn Young didn't KO her?

What world are we living here? McMann even kicked her ass but Meisha pulled off the W in that fight so I'll let it go.

I had McMann winning that fight. Thought Carmouche could have gotten the decision as well.

Werdum has lost numerous times too and he's considered one of the HW GOATs, Miesha proved she was top tier and could hang with the best (except Ron).
No doubt, but to say Ronda was the only one stopping her from getting the belt is a huge stretch, I feel like the only way she could have got the belt is the exact scenario that played out.

No doubt, but to say Ronda was the only one stopping her from getting the belt is a huge stretch, I feel like the only way she could have got the belt is the exact scenario that played out.
I think she had a healthy shot of beating anyone other than Ronda, she won the first 2 rounds against Zingano and Nunes' cardio is always capable of failing her. Shev and Pena are hardly proven better than Miesha and it was obvious Pennington fought a hungerless Tate... It's the others beating Ronda for a title that would be a problem.

I think she had a healthy shot of beating anyone other than Ronda, she won the first 2 rounds against Zingano and Nunes' cardio is always capable of failing her. Shev and Pena are hardly proven better than Miesha and it was obvious Pennington fought a hungerless Tate... It's the others beating Ronda for a title that would be a problem.
Sorry but I just don't buy that, too many excuses are made for Meisha.

RR would beat Meisha anytime anyplace anywhere. While I find RR's personality off putting she is an elite level athlete, Meisha is a grinder with adequate skills at best . It's a mismatch

Sorry but I just don't buy that, too many excuses are made for Meisha.
There was one excuse in that post and it was for Retirement Miesha who fought scared of a jab from a smaller and less decorated striker than Holm, clearly not herself lol.

There was one excuse in that post and it was for Retirement Miesha who fought scared of a jab from a smaller and less decorated striker than Holm, clearly not herself lol.
I don't buy it sorry, fans like you are bad for fighters, you install false confidence into skills and talent they don't have.

I don't buy it sorry, fans like you are bad for fighters, you install false confidence into skills and talent they don't have.
Other than Ronda and maybe Nunes which WBWs do you think are clearly superior to a peak Miesha? Zingano who she won 2 rounds against, Holly who she beat, Pena and Shevchenko who never fought her, or..?

Well he was right about her beating holm. We knew it was a way she could lose,but i didnt see her pulling it off at all. She actually had a gameplan in that fight ,that worked out for her. I dont think Miesha is nearly the dominating savage beast Ronda is,but im not gonna discredit her whole career either. I guess i would say that for the most part shes not an exciting fighter,so her "fans" dig her for her looks,personality,and/or are filthy ronda haters hahahah. I was pretty dissapointed in some of her recent fights before beating Holm. Like Rin nakai,she should have put her out of there with that terrible standup,but she turned in a super conservative performance like that and then bitched when they wouldnt give her a title shot against Ronda.

I guess i would say that for the most part shes not an exciting fighter,so her "fans" dig her for her looks,personality,and are filthy ronda haters hahahah.
I love Ronda and Miesha, I dig Miesha because she's a wrestler who embraced the BJJ/sub game and was the second best grappler of her generation, because people unfairly discredit her for being "unathletic" which is bullshit bullshit bullshit... and for her looks lol.

Other than Ronda and maybe Nunes which WBWs do you think are clearly superior to a peak Miesha? Zingano who she won 2 rounds against, Holly who she beat, Pena and Shevchenko who never fought her, or..?

Miesha was an ok fighter. She was a decent wrestler. On any given night I think any of these girls can beat the other. Focused Ronda will always be the best though.

the fight game isn't about being CLEARLY superior, but yeah I'd take Zingano, Ronda & Nunes over her for sure. I think Holly is a better fighter than her even though she lost the fight. I'm not sure if I'd take Pena over her, that would just be a battle of terrible striking and half-decent grappling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back