Your thoughts on Ronda/Miesha 2?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I re-watched the fight since its posted on UFC channel a week ago and for some reason I had a distorted memory of the fight. I assumed Ronda beat her ass all over the place but seeing it again, I noticed the stand up was even.

Anyway, here is the full fight:

Pointless and non-competitive fight, thank god we didn't see a 3rd one.

I've never seen Tate have a good fight.

Won so much money betting on Nunes.

Miesha just dont have the tools to beat a savage like ronda. standup not good enough to keep her off of her,and her takedown attempts get her banished to the shadow realm.

Rousey was always going to be that one Tate could never beat

I re-watched the fight since its posted on UFC channel a week ago and for some reason I had a distorted memory of the fight. I assumed Ronda beat her ass all over the place but seeing it again, I noticed the stand up was even.

Anyway, here is the full fight:

I re-watched it last night...pretty apparent that Ronda isn't a fan of getting clocked in the mouth...really look like it took her out of her game for seconds at a time...still, not sure what Team Tate's objective was trying to take down Ronda the entire fight!?

I remember Miesha showing zero fight IQ.

I've never seen Tate have a good fight.

Won so much money betting on Nunes.

Problem with Tate is that, every fight is a life and death struggle. Regardless if she wins or loses, she has to rely on insane amount of heart and will power. Its admirable but it shows she lacks mastery in any aspect of her game.

Rousey was always going to be that one Tate could never beat
the one? Miesha has been beaten 6 or 7 times and only Ronda has beaten her twice, never avenged a loss to anybody.

Ronda beat her everywhere. Miesha got a moral victory by surviving until the 3rd round. The fightmetric numbers don't lie. Miesha was left with a bloody face and she tapped out. Ronda broke Miesha's will after the 2nd round and Miesha made a decision to give up.

Ronda wasnt even at 100% for the fight. She admitted she had to lose muscle for a movie role and barely had a training camp. That should tell you how much more dominant Ronda was over Miesha and how Miesha was never, ever going to beat her.

Let's all take a moment to applaud Ronda for not taking the easy road and rushing back to beat Miesha for a 3rd time so she could get the title back.

the one? Miesha has been beaten 6 or 7 times and only Ronda has beaten her twice, never avenged a loss to anybody.
Yeah but at the time they had fought,she was usually good enough to beat anyone who wasnt Ronda. Even the fight she lost to zingano,was highly competitve. She was going to get a third shot before they went with Holm. She was always thought of as that girl who probably could have been the champ if it werent for Ronda,and its shown to be true.

So, basically you came to the conclusion that everyone did, back when Ronda wasn't supposed to have elite stand up: Ronda was pretty much even with Miesha standing (but actually seemed to have better technique and more room for improvement), and she womanhandled her when it came to groundgame?

Ronda beat her everywhere. Miesha got a moral victory by surviving until the 3rd round. .
Ronda was super conservative in this fight,she knew that miesha wasnt going to be able to take her down,and sort of let her keep trying,similar to Coleman/Fedor II

She actually put up a good fight. Annoyed like hell how she kept going for takedowns though, despite how Ronda kept repeatedly countering them with a judo throw.

I re-watched it last night...pretty apparent that Ronda isn't a fan of getting clocked in the mouth...really look like it took her out of her game for seconds at a time...still, not sure what Team Tate's objective was trying to take down Ronda the entire fight!?

I am wondering this as well, I was under the impression that she was getting beat everywhere against Ronda but reality was, she was doing an ok job standing up. But then she kept going for takedowns and kept getting tossed around.

If she kept it standing, she may have had a 50/50 chance to beat Ronda but on the ground, she got owned.

Doesn't matter how many time she tried she would never beat Rousey. Everyone else she could come back and beat or have a chance to beat in a rematch

Yeah but at the time they had fought,she was usually good enough to beat anyone who wasnt Ronda. Even the fight she lost to zingano,was highly competitve. She was going to get a third shot before they went with Holm. She was always thought of as that girl who probably could have been the champ if it werent for Ronda,and its shown to be true.
I disagree with all due respect, that sub against Holly was the epitome of a hail mary. She has lost to Zingano, Nunes, Ronda, almost McMann, Kaufman and Pennington.

I don't really care if she's competitive, she was always put in a better position than she should have been because she's decent looking and has a history with Ronda.

If Nunes beat Ronda then Meisha still wouldn't have been champ and it'd have nothing to do with Ronda, she just matched up kinda well with the girl who beat Ronda.

Ronda was super conservative in this fight,she knew that miesha wasnt going to be able to take her down,and sort of let her keep trying,similar to Coleman/Fedor II

Ronda was out of shape, just like she was against Holly.

Back