Your thoughts on Machida if he beats Henderson?

If Machida is the first to KO Hendo it would be pretty amazing.:eek:

This should have been a 5 round fight.

I like both guys but I like Machida a bit more. Regardless of who wins/loses, it's not going to change my opinion much on either. I expect either an H-Bomb victory by Hendo or a UD by Machida.

Then I will dedicate my life (or an hour every Saturday) to the ultimate form of fighting: Karate. As it is I am dedicated to arm wrestling. I can curl 40 pounds.

he would be no2 lhw. He aint beating Jones though, never ever.

It's gonna suck either way. Hendo really deserves a title shot, and a loss to Machida will knock him a good bit down the ladder. On the flip side, Machida/Jones II might be the most intriguing fight at LHW, and Hendo beating Machida could prevent that from ever happening again.

Clear no.1 contender, I'm expecting him to win.

I already regard him as the 2nd best fighter at 205 so it wouldn't change too much if he beats Hendo. He still has the best chance of beating Jones out of anyone at LHW even though that doesn't say too much because nobody has a good chance against him.

I don't care what the rankings say. Bones is a HW in the making.
Machida is the #1 LHW

Well, I'm picking him to win, so my opinion would still be the same. Hendo's a dangerous fight for anyone, but Machida has the style to beat him. Now, if Machida goes in there and knocks Hendo out (I mean a true KO, not a ref stoppage), I will be shocked.

Comments like this one, looks like people are never satisfied.

OK, fair enough. But this is Sherdog, and you knew that already, right?
If Machida beats Hendo he's got to be the clear #1 contender. 'Shad is up there, but only lost to Jones quite recently and needs another top win. For Machida, Hendo is the top win he needs. Gus' is close too, but IMO a win over Hendo now is worth MUCH more than a win over a listless zombie version of Shogun.

Actually still hoping Hendo wins, he deserves his chance to lose to Jones, and he's old now, this really would be his only shot.

It would be great if Machida would be the one to hand Hendo his first tko/ko loss but for this fight....Hendo will win this fight via Split Decision

It would be great if Machida would be the one to hand Hendo his first tko/ko loss but for this fight....Hendo will win this fight via Split Decision

manslaughter, this fight will not go the distance.

I definitely don't think we're overlooking hendo. you're kinda dumb if you do. whoever wins deserves a shot at bones.

Winner will get a shot at Bones and receive a decisive beating.

Hendo is a great fighter, but machida is the definition of a terrible stylistic matchup for him. Lyoto an elite counter striker and one of the most elusive fighters in ufc history. I haven't been this confident in the result of a fight people suggest will be a close contest in a long time.

Back