Your thoughts on Machida if he beats Henderson?

My guess is there will be a lot of Machida > Fedor threads :)

if Machida wins then its him and bones part 2. id like to see hendo back at middleweight and fight Anderson again.

I would want to see him fight a top level contender like Algodon Ramirez or Michael Dokes.

Are everyone forgetting about Alex gustaffson. I think he is the current #2 Lhw and he is going to be the next to face Bones Jones. Or hell face the winner of Machida vs Hendo to decide the real title contender.

He will have wins over:

Rashad
Shogun
Bader
Couture
Franklin
Hendo
Tito
BJ
And more. It's a very good resume.

I would say at that point that in addition to Congress discussing gun bans, they would need to consider banning Machida from retirement homes.

He will have wins over:

Rashad
Shogun
Bader
Couture
Franklin
Hendo
Tito
BJ
And more. It's a very good resume.

Damn i never looked at it that way, i think this resume would look better than Anderson

Its funny because a win over Hendo will not at all increase Machida's esteem in my eyes. I think Machida should be able to deal with Dan pretty easily. If Dan won I'd be quite shocked, and would have massively more respect for Dan and maybe a tiny bit less for Machida.

To me it will means he has beat 2 really old guys in his last 4 fights.

To me it will means he has beat 2 really old guys in his last 4 fights.

Hendos wrecking cats at the minute. Arguably on his best run ever. You can't just discredit a win over him because he's old. He's still beating great fighters.

A win is either #1 contendership status or a fight against Gus. But the manner in which he wins would provide definitive perception changes.

If he decisions Dan, not much. It's pretty much the consensus of expected outcomes.

If he submits him, a little better.

If he manages to KO Dan cold, I think Sherdog will explode.

I don't think either fighter has any shame in a defeat here. Not that I want to see one of them lose at all, but I think I'd actually prefer Dan to win. I want to see Jones fight Dan before I see him fight Machida again. Then again I also want to see Machida fight Gus.

If he beats Hendo he's gonna be at least one more fight out for being on Dana's shit list

+1

I am a Machida fan and know he is one Dana's shitlist. Dana should get over it. A title contendor should get a full camp. The champ had a full camp and turned downed down a fight with a challenger from a lower weight class and without a camp. That ultimately got UFC 151 cancelled. DW is cool with JBJ now, he should bet over his beef with Machida.

I am shocked to see so many people counting out Machida.

If Machida beats Hendo then he'll be IMO the 2nd greatest LHW of all time and one of the greatest fighters in MMA in general.

Wins over:
Stephan Bonnar
Rich Franklin(first loss)
BJ Penn
Kazuhiro Nakamura(Nakamura at that time only lost to Nog, Hendo, Wand, Barnett and Shogun)
Sokoudjou(Soko was coming off wins over Lil Nog and Arona and was top 10)
Tito Ortiz
Thiago Silva(first loss)
Rashad Evans(first loss)
Shogun
Randy Couture
Ryan Bader
Dan Henderson

If Machida then goes on to beat Jones and defends the title then I think that we can make a case for him being the GOAT.

Well, I'm picking him to win, so my opinion would still be the same. Hendo's a dangerous fight for anyone, but Machida has the style to beat him. Now, if Machida goes in there and knocks Hendo out (I mean a true KO, not a ref stoppage), I will be shocked.

Agree. A KO with a well timed punch would be awesome.

Hendo has no chance against Machida. No wrestler or even slow opponent can handle Machida style.

Back