Your sports town

Born in Illinois but I’ve lived in Arizona since I was two, so I root for Arizona teams first. The Suns were always in the playoffs from the early 90s till Sarver bought them. Fuck that guy. Worst owner in sports. The Diamondbacks bought their way to a World Series in 2001, have had a few decent seasons since but never made it back. The Cardinals sucked until Warner took them to the Super Bowl in 2010. They have had some up and down years since. 2019 is going to be a rough year to be an Arizona sports fan.

I'm a Buffalo native. Which is a great sports town but everytime the Bills or the Sabres make it to the championship games they come up empty.

I'm a Buffalo native. Which is a great sports town but everytime the Bills or the Sabres make it to the championship games they come up empty.

Didn;t the Stallions win and indoor soccer title? Plus Buffalo won the AFL championship twice.

Cleveland in the house...Overall it's been rough minus the Cavs one year, and when our teams lose..they seem to do it in the most brutal, heartbreaking ways possible.
That being said for the first time in 20 years we have something to look forward to as Browns fans.
baker-drops-balls.gif

Last edited:
Cleveland in the house...Overall isn't been rough minus the Cavs one year, and when our teams lose..they seem to do it in the most brutal, heartbreaking ways possible.
That being said for the first time in 20 years we have something to look forward to as Browns fans.
baker-drops-balls.gif
I’m loving what the Browns are doing.

Newcastle England and art from our poor Football team in which I have lost all interest in the past 15 years or so we are now getting popular with Rugby Union with the Falcons but sadly it's nervous times as we could get relegated this season and we also have a newish team called Newcastle Thunder who play in lower leagues of the Rugby League.
Quite mad this year as there are 4 Rugby union games at Newcastle Utd St.James Park this year plus we getting the opening game of Rugby league world cup in 2021.
Cricket is not far away with the Durham CCC and we also have some fridge support games like Basketball with the Newcastle Eagles and used to have Ice Hockey but that's dropped off the radar.

Didn;t the Stallions win and indoor soccer title? Plus Buffalo won the AFL championship twice.
True. Plus our pro lacrosse team used to win multiple titles I believe & I think the Bisons may have won a minor league baseball title of some sort too. But, I don't really follow those sports.

We're the football capital of philippinians. Not that it matters but the better ones comes from our province. Maybe boxing as well having produced Pancho Villa and 2 other olympic medalists and a handful world champions.
Barotac?

While I do have roots in Iloilo it's kinda weird that Barotac is the football capital. It's own team was bought by Laguna. I know Barotac is a football town, didn't know they were the football capital. I'm in Negros and just assumed it was football capital by virtue of having the most successful franchise playing in the local and international games.

Even in the rural backwoods of Wisconsin where I grew up, the Packers are a religion. No, bigger than religion. Packers fandom permeates every aspect of people's lives for about 19 Sundays each year, reaffirming our identities and, in fact, our very civilization. The success of the franchise in the memories of every living generation, and the proximity to the community that is literally written into their organizational structure, has lent the entire state of wisconsin a quiet confidence for most of the last century, and honestly that mindset is as much the foundation of the state's identity as protestantism and progressive politics. Honestly if it weren't for our alcoholism, I think Wisconsin would be a national leader in every way.

For my part, I was born in the Favre years and despite some frustrations these last two seasons, I feel like only the Steelers and those disgusting fucking new englanders have more to celebrate in the last three decades.

Grew up in Kansas City till the late college years under grad, life time die hard chiefs fan.
Lived in Columbia mo for about 3 years so I follow the tigers ascwell in cfb.

Still go back to kc once every year to visit some old friends and fam and it’s a great sports town.

Lots to look forward to inspite of a magical yet heartbreaking ending.

Last edited:
While I do have roots in Iloilo it's kinda weird that Barotac is the football capital. It's own team was bought by Laguna. I know Barotac is a football town, didn't know they were the football capital. I'm in Negros and just assumed it was football capital by virtue of having the most successful franchise playing in the local and international games.
It sucks that the new Philippine Premier League is going to have all teams play in Metro Manila again like in the UFL days. I preferred the Philippines Football League when teams played in their own cities, but I understand the lack of sponsors, money, etc.

Cowtown
900px-Sacramento_Skyline_%28cropped%29.jpg

A highlight to our long, long professional off-season is Disney on Ice.

Sheffield.

Home to the Worlds Oldest Football Club - Sheffield FC.

1200px-Sheffield_FC.svg.png

Sheffield.

Home to the Worlds Oldest Football Club - Sheffield FC.

1200px-Sheffield_FC.svg.png

Cool history, the early years of football (or I should say the various footballs) and it's evolution are interesting.

Who do you support, Wednesday or United? I assume no one actually supports FC in that way, even if they appreciate the history.

Boston sports fan here. The local teams were pretty bad when I was growing up. There was a 16-year championship drought broken up by the Patriots finally winning one when I was 20. I obviously can't complain since then. The Pats have won 5 more. The Celtics won one. The Bruins one won too. The Sox have 3 after a 86-year curse. I'm more of a Pats fan than anything these days. That dynasty has been a lot of fun over the years...

Boston sports fan here. The local teams were pretty bad when I was growing up. There was a 16-year championship drought broken up by the Patriots finally winning one when I was 20. I obviously can't complain since then. The Pats have won 5 more. The Celtics won one. The Bruins one won too. The Sox have 3 after a 86-year curse. I'm more of a Pats fan than anything these days. That dynasty has been a lot of fun over the years...
The only thing Boston hasn't pulled off in that time frame is a major world champ in a major combat sport, correct? KenFlo couldn't quite pull it off.

Only Kayla Harrison, right? She's from Ohio, but she moved there to train when she was 15.
  • No MMA Champion
  • No Boxing #1 with a Belt
  • No Glory/K1/Lumpinee/Rajadamnern Champ
  • No ADCC Champ
  • No Wrestling Champ/Gold Medalist
  • No Judo Champ/Gold Medalist (besides Kayla)
  • No Mundial Champ
  • No Sambo Champ

Last edited:
Back