Your sports town

Bay Area, CA

Warriors are the hot ticket in town, since the first of 4 championships, blue and gold apparel everywhere even during offseason.

Baseball teams are always well represented during the season. Niner and Raider fans hate each other.

Bay Area as well.
Niners have a history.
Giants have one too.
gotta go way back for A's domination.

Raiders, nope.
I don't watch BB, but I guess the Warriors did okay too.

I like each of these teams. And if you aren’t down with that, I’ve got two words for ya...

Cardinals
Blues
Steelers
Rams
Royals

Bulls have been shitty for the most part since the epic Jordan days
Blackhawks were GOAT up until the season before last.
Cubs finally are good.
White Sox suck thank god
Bears are hit or miss but haven't won a title since 85 (not a fan anyway)]

As far as San Diego is concerned.. there's only the Padres left and they've sucked for a while.

I live in Manchester England..
Two of the biggest and richest sporting teams in all of sport..

Facts...

City til I die...

I live in Manchester England..
Two of the biggest and richest sporting teams in all of sport..

Facts...

City til I die...

One of them only thanks to Arab oil money <BC1>

But credit where it's due they've done a good job of it, and invested it in a suistainable way...unlike other shitshows around the world like Malaga.

Last edited:
One of them only thanks to Arab only money <BC1>

But credit where it's due they've done a good job of it, and invested it in a suistainable way...unlike other shitshows around the world like Malaga.
They have invested in the whole of east Manchester.
The training complex is probably the best in the world right now.
They have give big for kids to help themselves for the future .

So they may have a few question marks around them but they have put their money where their mouths are..

Cincinnati ...soooooooo
Though OSU is always great,and am a UK cbb fan and have seen them win 3 titles

Cleveland in the house...Overall it's been rough minus the Cavs one year, and when our teams lose..they seem to do it in the most brutal, heartbreaking ways possible.
That being said for the first time in 20 years we have something to look forward to as Browns fans.
baker-drops-balls.gif
why is the browns primary color orange? (i get they were named after paul brown....still)

i moved from detroit in 1984 (right before the tigers won the world series), but they are still my favorite teams even though i have lived in many other cities with teams

tigers- had some good years, but mostly bad. bad contracts and the owner dying seems to have put an end to any good seasons in the near future

red wings- after being spoiled for so long, hard to complain if they are going through a rough couple seasons

pistons- had a couple of great runs, but with the way basketball is these days with super teams, i think they will suck for a long time. hard enough to get one star there let alone 3. however the bucks doing well gives hope

lions- no description necessary

Other teams i am a secondary fan of from having lived in their city: Nashville Predators, Houston Texans, Las Vegas Golden Knights, Houston Astros,

Last edited:
Bay Area as well.
Niners have a history.
Giants have one too.
gotta go way back for A's domination.

Raiders, nope.
I don't watch BB, but I guess the Warriors did okay too.
i lived in sunnyvale for 8th grade. we used to skip school or in the summer go to the A's game. It was when McGwire first got there, canseco was there, dave stewart, reggie jackson came back. good times. we used to get autographs. mcgwire, jackson and canseco were all dicks to the fans after the game.

Hows your area fared in major sports? I'm a saint louis native born in 1990 so that means the Rams, Cardinals, and Blues are my teams. The Blues have been frustrating since I've followed them cuz in the 90s they were great and not too long ago they were great but always fail in the playoffa. That said the cards have always been great and i got to see 2 championships. Also got to see one as a rams fan (I was 9 or 10) and even though they went to LA again i got another real good shot at a championship. I feel lucky as shit who my teams are but it could always be better or worse i suppose.

Just gonna copy your post because I live in STL and am pretty much the same age as you lol

LGB, Kroenke sucks and Yadi bless.

Chicago.

Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Blackhawks (Fuq the Sox)

Bears- Ditka.. 1985 (enough said though I wasn't born yet) It's looking good though. Looking like a NFC championship is coming soon

Bulls- I mean.... I grew up with the 90's Bulls. The greatest basketball team EVER. Now? We are terrrrrible

Cubs- 1908 and 2016............ Oh my Godddddd 2016... I could cry thinking about it. Future still looks bright

Blackhawks- 2010's.... Lets just say DYNASTY... but what the hell is going on?

All in all. Being a Chicago sports fan? I could not imagine it any other way. And anyone else who is with me. We have lived through some amazzzzzzzinnnnng Championships.

Fuq the Sox
Came to say this, basically
Fuck you Lebron, M.J. is the GOAT
{<shrug}
Even in the rural backwoods of Wisconsin where I grew up, the Packers are a religion. No, bigger than religion. Packers fandom permeates every aspect of people's lives for about 19 Sundays each year, reaffirming our identities and, in fact, our very civilization. The success of the franchise in the memories of every living generation, and the proximity to the community that is literally written into their organizational structure, has lent the entire state of wisconsin a quiet confidence for most of the last century, and honestly that mindset is as much the foundation of the state's identity as protestantism and progressive politics. Honestly if it weren't for our alcoholism, I think Wisconsin would be a national leader in every way.

For my part, I was born in the Favre years and despite some frustrations these last two seasons, I feel like only the Steelers and those disgusting fucking new englanders have more to celebrate in the last three decades.
<3>

Who da fack is Bryce Harper...???

He just moved into the area and people are making a fuss about him apparently.

Still relishing the fact that the Eagles finally won a Super Bowl. I thought I’d die before seeing it.

Looking forward to the Sixers in the playoffs.

Lost track of the Flyers.

Future is bright in Philly.

The only thing Boston hasn't pulled off in that time frame is a major world champ in a major combat sport, correct? KenFlo couldn't quite pull it off.

Only Kayla Harrison, right? She's from Ohio, but she moved there to train when she was 15.
  • No MMA Champion
  • No Boxing #1 with a Belt
  • No Glory/K1/Lumpinee/Rajadamnern Champ
  • No ADCC Champ
  • No Wrestling Champ/Gold Medalist
  • No Judo Champ/Gold Medalist (besides Kayla)
  • No Mundial Champ
  • No Sambo Champ
John Ruiz was the WBA heavyweight champion twice between 2001 and 2005. Besides being the first Latino heavyweight champion, he was also a native of Chelsea, MA, a mostly Latino inner ring suburb of Boston. Gabriel Gonzaga is a native of Brazil but he's been living and training in MA throughout his fighting career. He came close to being a world champion when he knocked out Cro Cop with his own signature move and earned a title shot against Randy Couture. Gonzaga broke Couture's arm in the fight, but Couture refused to quit and eventually won the fight by TKO.

Bay Area, CA

Warriors are the hot ticket in town, since the first of 4 championships, blue and gold apparel everywhere even during offseason.

Baseball teams are always well represented during the season. Niner and Raider fans hate each other.
The first of their 4 titles in the Bay area was in 1975. Also, they won two titles in Philadelphia, totaling 6 as a franchise.

Even in the rural backwoods of Wisconsin where I grew up, the Packers are a religion. No, bigger than religion. Packers fandom permeates every aspect of people's lives for about 19 Sundays each year, reaffirming our identities and, in fact, our very civilization. The success of the franchise in the memories of every living generation, and the proximity to the community that is literally written into their organizational structure, has lent the entire state of wisconsin a quiet confidence for most of the last century, and honestly that mindset is as much the foundation of the state's identity as protestantism and progressive politics. Honestly if it weren't for our alcoholism, I think Wisconsin would be a national leader in every way.

For my part, I was born in the Favre years and despite some frustrations these last two seasons, I feel like only the Steelers and those disgusting fucking new englanders have more to celebrate in the last three decades.
I was getting ready to like this post until you took the out of left field shot at New Englanders for some reason. Now I'm going to like the post giving you the finger instead.

The only thing Boston hasn't pulled off in that time frame is a major world champ in a major combat sport, correct? KenFlo couldn't quite pull it off.

Only Kayla Harrison, right? She's from Ohio, but she moved there to train when she was 15.
  • No MMA Champion
  • No Boxing #1 with a Belt
  • No Glory/K1/Lumpinee/Rajadamnern Champ
  • No ADCC Champ
  • No Wrestling Champ/Gold Medalist
  • No Judo Champ/Gold Medalist (besides Kayla)
  • No Mundial Champ
  • No Sambo Champ

What about Mickey Ward? Hagler? Rocky Marciano?

What about Mickey Ward? Hagler? Rocky Marciano?

Boston sports fan here. The local teams were pretty bad when I was growing up. There was a 16-year championship drought broken up by the Patriots finally winning one when I was 20. I obviously can't complain since then. The Pats have won 5 more. The Celtics won one. The Bruins one won too. The Sox have 3 after a 86-year curse. I'm more of a Pats fan than anything these days. That dynasty has been a lot of fun over the years...

The only thing Boston hasn't pulled off in that time frame is a major world champ in a major combat sport, correct?
Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg

Time for some glasses yet you old bat?

Grandma-Finds-The-Internet.jpg

Time for some glasses yet you old bat?
Ruiz won the belt in 2001, but then lost it in early 2003 and then won it back later that year and kept the belt until 2005. Make of that what you will. :)

Back