Your reaction if Mcgregor gets his 3rd title shot in 3 fights at LW

Iron Skin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Q8XJCFV.gif

My reaction would be : Makes sense from a business and fan perspective.

There's really no fight at LW that fans want to see if it doesn't involve conor(or khabib). At least the main stream. You could build to a gaethje-dustin. I'd like to see that, but general interest in the LW division will go down without conor or khabib being champion for the general mainstream audience. That's a fact. Having conor as your champion build stars. Look how much rub dustin got from losing to khabib gracefully than going out and winning his next fight(barely).

If you beat conor, You might become a star.
If you lose against conor, depending how you show up, you might still get a decent rub from it and gain ton of fans.

Its win win for the UFC, conor, and his opponents.

My reaction would be : Makes sense from a business and fan perspective.

There's really no fight at LW that fans want to see if it doesn't involve conor. At least the main stream. You could build to a gaethje-dustin. I'd like to see that, but general interest in the LW division will go down without conor or khabib being champion for the general mainstream audience. That's a fact. Having conor as your champion build stars. Look how much rub dustin got from losing to khabib gracefully than going out and winning his next fight(barely).

Fuck that noise..let him earn it...

Have him fight diaz or some other LW contender at 155lbs the mans been gifted enough already in his career hes 1-1 at LW for God/Allah sake

If he beats Poirier then why not? Does anyone want to see Ferguson vs. Gathje again?

Connor/Poirier winner vs. Gathje seems like the obvious fight to me.

Fuck that noise..let him earn it...

Have him fight diaz or some other LW contender at 155lbs the mans been gifted enough already in his career hes 1-1 at LW for God/Allah sake
This is prizefighting. There is no earning here. This is a profit driven business. It's not a sport. It's a carny show that features athletic competition. It's not a sport in the same sense NBA is a sport. Sometimes it benefits the fans, we get to skip boring mandatories that the fans would not be interested in. For example, Leon Edwards fighting for a title over Jorge or Gilbert. And sometimes, we lose out because prize fighters get to cut the line, conor fighting cerrone at ww for a LW title shot. We were going to get cody vs figuerdo at FW and cody didn't earn it. and it was going to be a banger of a fight. I didn't hear anyone complaining then.

You know damn well you'd be more intrigued in LW division as conor fighting for the title than a hot-potato LW division.

He absolutely will be involved in the next title fight

and a bunch of 50 year old men will cry as they always do

This is prizefighting. There is no earning here. This is a profit driven business. It's not a sport. It's a carny show that features athletic competition. It's not a sport in the same sense NBA is a sport. Sometimes it benefits the fans, we get to skip boring mandatories that the fans would not be interested in. For example, Leon Edwards fighting for a title over Jorge or Gilbert. And sometimes, we lose out because prize fighters get to cut the line, conor fighting cerrone at ww for a LW title shot. We were going to get cody vs figuerdo at FW and cody didn't earn it. and it was going to be a banger of a fight. I didn't hear anyone complaining then.

MMA is sport ..only promotions believe in prize fighting or can operate like one...MMA is a sport though ..UFC needs to remember this..

Otherwise it could fall to a promotion like PFL one day..as it understands the purity of sport

MMA is sport ..only promotions believe in prize fighting or can operate like one...MMA is a sport though ..UFC needs to remember this..

Otherwise it could fall to a promotion like PFL one day..as it understands the purity of sport
MMA is not a sport. It's prize fighting. All rankings can be manipulated. Weight cuts can be gamed, matchmaking is something decided by the promotion, It's all prizefighting. Everyone who came in the promotion all did not start at the bottom. This is not the NBA where all teams start 0-0 and face the same number of opponents every year.

Last edited:
Timing wise, it's the perfect opportunity for conman, with Ferguson and Gaethje freshly dominated and Khabib out of the picture. It would still be disgusting if the fight against Poirier is for the vacant title though. He would be rewarded for being on the sidelines like a pussy and having 1 irrelevant fight vs Cerrone.

Well, he was the champ before Khabib and has not lost as recently as the other top candidates.

Meh, whoever gets the next title shot will not seem compellingingly worthy. The next champ will have to defend a good 3-4 times before he establishes some legitimacy, but it will happen. It happened after GSP vacated at 170. It happened after McG vacated at 145. It'll happen again.

Back