Your reaction if Mcgregor gets his 3rd title shot in 3 fights at LW

source.gif

I totally get the hate, and not saying I agree but at the end of the day money talks and bullshit walks, hard to say no to a 9 digit PPV in a global pandemic
Dana-White-Money.jpg

MMA is not a sport. It's prize fighting. All rankings can be eliminated. Weight cuts can be gamed, matchmaking is something decided by the promotion, It's all prizefighting. Everyone who came in the promtoins all did not start at the bottom. This is not the NBA where all teams start 0-0 and face the same number of opponents every year.

Its a not team sport no..but its absolutely a sport lol

Go educate urself on how PFL does things if you dont know already...also the early UFCs and pretty much up till the arrival of the Conman was pretty much ran like a sport under zuffa..rankings mattered alot and ofcourse the one night tournaments are a stable of sports around the world especially in the martial art world..

Prize fighting is just a term to try and justify the breaking of rules or traditions ...the obsession with money and overall greed

Well even if Khabib stuck around, Conor was probably getting the shot if he beats Poirier. I'm wondering if they'll make that fight a title fight now. They probably shouldn't because Conor will sit on the belt for a year +.

Its a not team sport no..but its absolutely a sport lol

Go educate urself on how PFL does things if you dont know already...also the early UFCs and pretty much up till the arrival of the Conman was pretty much ran like a sport under zuffa..rankings mattered alot and ofcourse the one night tournaments are a stable of sports around the world especially in the martial art world..

Prize fighting is just a term to try and justify the breaking of rules or traditions ...the obsession with money and overall greed
You keep telling yourself that.

Then ask yourself why don't fans watch promotions that do it the right way, etc.

Because this is entertainment that features mma. Not mma which happens to be entertaining. Amateur wrestling is a sport. Its not a spectator sport. No one watches wrestling compared to the other major sports.

If you want to see that Lance Palmer lay on someone for a million dollars in pfl, go right ahead dude. I'm not stopping you

I don't mind it if he is willing to defend the belt after winning it. But I know he will ruin the division once again and deserving contenders will just keep on waiting for years to get their titleshot. I also think he is capable of beating all the LWs now that Khabib is gone but I will hope he gets KTFO.

You keep telling yourself that.

Then ask yourself why don't fans watch promotions that do it the right way, etc.

Because this is entertainment that features mma. Not mma which happens to be entertaining. Amateur wrestling is a sport. Its not a spectator sport. No one watches wrestling compared to the other major sports.

If you want to see that Lance Palmer lay on someone for a million dollars in pfl, go right ahead dude. I'm not stopping you

Rory mcdonald will be on the next season of pfl so are some other big signings i wouldnt turn my nose up to PFL just yet..

Your view has been skewed by the allowance of favoritism..with out it the UFC operates like a sport...conor will make money for the company regardless if hes fighting for a title or #1 contender theres always a choice a promotion has to make..do they want to be a show like WWF/WWE which eventually loses fans overtime cuz at some point people want something real and not the same guys headlining every thing..or they can choose to do whats responsible for the sport they promote...and keep controls of their talent and run it like its suppose to be

My reaction would be : Makes sense from a business and fan perspective.

There's really no fight at LW that fans want to see if it doesn't involve conor(or khabib). At least the main stream. You could build to a gaethje-dustin. I'd like to see that, but general interest in the LW division will go down without conor or khabib being champion for the general mainstream audience. That's a fact. Having conor as your champion build stars. Look how much rub dustin got from losing to khabib gracefully than going out and winning his next fight(barely).

If you beat conor, You might become a star.
If you lose against conor, depending how you show up, you might still get a decent rub from it and gain ton of fans.

Its win win for the UFC, conor, and his opponents.

This sums it up for me perfectly. Thanks for saving me time.

Rory mcdonald will be on the next season of pfl so are some other big signings i wouldnt turn my nose up to PFL just yet..

Your view has been skewed by the allowance of favoritism..with out it the UFC operates like a sport...conor will make money for the company regardless if hes fighting for a title or #1 contender theres always a choice a promotion has to make..do they want to be a show like WWF/WWE which eventually loses fans overtime cuz at some point people want something real and not the same guys headlining every thing..or they can choose to do whats responsible for the sport they promote...and keep controls of their talent and run it like its suppose to be
People don't care about that shit like you thing people do.

People want to see guys scrap. That's it. They don't care about the integrity of rankings and all that bullshit. That's for fans like us to discuss. The people screaming kick him in the dick! Or people calling grapplers pussies for fighting on the ground they don't care man. You underestimate people's ability to not give a fuck. Is it fair? No. Is it reality? Yes! Who wants to see someone do lay and pray for a million dollars?

Not sure why people would be upset...I mean Conor is better than everyone at LW aside from Khabib...so why should he have to fight more bums to get the shot? Please dont state oh its not fair...based on skill who can beat him at 155?

Just use the same excuse as they always do.."People who don't think Conor deserves this don't know what they are talking about... They don' realise how much he's done for the sport" ...
{<BJPeen}

He's 1-1 at Lightweight and his last win was nearly half a decade ago, it'd be ridiculous. Dan Hooker has a better claim and he does nothing for me.

People don't care about that shit like you thing people do.

People want to see guys scrap. That's it. They don't care about the integrity of rankings and all that bullshit. That's for fans like us to discuss. The people screaming kick him in the dick! Or people calling grapplers pussies for fighting on the ground they don't care man. You underestimate people's ability to not give a fuck. Is it fair? No. Is it reality? Yes! Who wants to see someone do lay and pray for a million dollars?

Those who care about the sport and want to know whos best not the most popular...

Like i said conor will make the company money that cant be the only reason why he gets to be champion...

You underestimate peoples love of sport and idea that you never know whats gunna happen or stories of rising and others falling...if conor is always forced apon the top people will get turned off....for example if NBA or NHL or NFL had the same two teams always playing for the championship do think people would tune it over and over again?..

They wouldnt

If he does and he loses, they already know he can't beat Usman, I guess they'll have Masvidal defend the BMF belt. Gotta try to find a way to get a belt around Conor's waist. Maybe they'll do a McHappy Meal belt sponsored by Proper 12.

This is prizefighting. There is no earning here. This is a profit driven business. It's not a sport. It's a carny show that features athletic competition. It's not a sport in the same sense NBA is a sport. Sometimes it benefits the fans, we get to skip boring mandatories that the fans would not be interested in. For example, Leon Edwards fighting for a title over Jorge or Gilbert. And sometimes, we lose out because prize fighters get to cut the line, conor fighting cerrone at ww for a LW title shot. We were going to get cody vs figuerdo at FW and cody didn't earn it. and it was going to be a banger of a fight. I didn't hear anyone complaining then.

You know damn well you'd be more intrigued in LW division as conor fighting for the title than a hot-potato LW division.
A hot-potato LW division lol, talking as if Conor would be some defending dominant champion hahaha he’d lose his first defence.

The only way Conor gets the belt back is if Dana just gives him the belt without even fighting for it.

This sums it up for me perfectly. Thanks for saving me time.
Yeah , outside of making dustin-gaethje 2 for a title match, what interest will let generate for the average fan? It's not gonna generate shit. We're going to go back cards getting under 350k buys. No one is going to give a shit about lw. It's sad but that's what it is. Conor keeps things interesting. So did khabib. Hot potato division doesn't.

If you hate Conor, you have someone to root against. If you love Conor, you have someone to root for

Chandler vs hooker is not going to bring eyes to the product. Sorry. Chandler vs Dustin isn't going to. I don't care if it's fight of the year. Khabibs never gotten fight of the year. That shit doesn't matter.

That's not how it's going to create stars and intrigue. It sucks at times but that's the reality!

Last edited:
While I think gathje is in the mix as the beat guy at 155, hes up there with porier and Conor if khabib is gone, hes also 5-3 in the ufc. Losses to porier and khabib are obviously about as good as losses can be but can you imagine the outrage from people If Conor was given a ts at 5-2 then the champ retires and he gets another immediately at 5-3. By merit and skill I don't mind jg fighting whoever wins Conor porier for a ts. But the record since coming to ufc doesnt make that seem as reasonable as the eye test does.

Not surprised, but disappointed. I’d like for him to take on and win against at least one guy in the top 5 first. He’s had 1 win in 4 years and it was at WW against a guy coming off 2 stoppage losses and is winless in his last 5. Hardly a title shot earning fight.

it's basically a given at this point..... sad but true.

Back