Your Parents Buy You Things Still?

I got a membership recently to a boxing gym in Toronto. I used to be obsessed from 11yo to 18yo, almost trained daily and then broke my hand in a match.

Anywho, I came home for family day and me mom had a new ‘under armor/the rock’ matching shirt and gym shoes and new hand wraps. I didn’t ask for any of this. She also bought me groceries to take back.

I’m 35, and it just felt kinda odd. Do your parents do this still?
Occasionally, Christmas presents. They buy my kid things though.

My old man, who I hadn't talked to in months , last Monday called and asked if he could drop something off... bought me a pair of Steeltoe Redwing Boots... Probably his way of reaching out... I should probably do the same.

You are welcome son

she buys me the hot pockets that she heats up for me

in return I help out by letting her do my laundry and throwing a tantrum and breaking things when she hints I should get a job

My mom and real dad bought me a harmonica for my birthday.

Custom Seydel Session Steel.

I'm fucking pumped baby!!

success-kid-hells-yes.gif

Getting very close to having my set complete and having custom harps for every key.

I'm 45 and have kids 13 & 11, so they are the primary gift target, but I still get a little something for Xmas or Birthday.

My mom has a shopping addiction so she will buy the whole family random stuff because it was on sale like stanley cups and thermos. I have a variety of tumbers from different brands she gave me throughout the years. Folks with shopping addictions get a rush from the "deal".

I get (or save) money from my parents all the time, in one way or another. They are good parents. But I don't live near them, so I don't get the snacks.

And I'd really like some fuckin snacks. I'm gonna have my mom Fedex me some Gushers.

No. I have a job and they are retired. It would feel awkward if they bought me anything.

I fucking wish... I've been financially supporting my parents for more than the last two decades.

They just bring me some home cooked food once a month just as an excuse to come see me. My mom gotta do that hahah,she gotta be mom.

I've told mum to stop buying me things as all I really need is someone to look after the dog occasionally.

My mom buys my girlfriend and I a ton of stuff but never herself and every time we get her literally anything, she feels bad. She’s a very selfless person and a really thoughtful gift giver.

Parents buy you things STILL?

For me......Like they ever did, lol. Nope they never did. Hope everyone else had FAR better parents than mine, and i'm being honest and sincere here.

I'm 33 and yes all the time. Just had my 3rd kid so now most of it is catered to them but before the kids came around pretty much everytime I saw her she gave me something. Now she gives the kids something pretty much every time. I used to stop her when she'd slip me money or whatever but now I just take whatever she gives and thank her. It's what she wants to do with her money and it makes her happy. My family is not struggling btw so we don't need anything.

Mum buys me food and clothes sometimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back