Your favorite weightclass in Glory and Why?

You know LHW isn't bad I must admit. Top 6 are all quality fighters, though after that it gets rather shallow. Mwekassa should break the top 10 soon though after another win, which will add more depth.

My favorite is LHW:

Spong, Saki, Zack Mwekassa, Cavalari, Corbett.

And if they sign Zamedov and Zhuravlev than it will be the most crazy devision ever.

I don"t like midgets yet so much so the higher weightclasses. 77 kilograms looked good though.

you do realize that the average person would fight at 155 lbs in kickboxing. In MMA it would be 145 lbs since people cut more weight. Midgets are below 125 imo.

you do realize that the average person would fight at 155 lbs in kickboxing. In MMA it would be 145 lbs since people cut more weight. Midgets are below 125 imo.

Does it matter really. A good fight is a good fight. Who cares what they weigh. I don't check the fighters weight before watching a fight someone's recommended. What so if it's below a certain weight you're going to refuse to watch it no matter how good it is. That's just weird.

Does it matter really. A good fight is a good fight. Who cares what they weigh. I don't check the fighters weight before watching a fight someone's recommended. What so if it's below a certain weight you're going to refuse to watch it no matter how good it is. That's just weird.

To me it doesn't matter, but i still think it is weird that people call 155 lbs fighters midgets when the average dude is a fw/lw.

To me it doesn't matter, but i still think it is weird that people call 155 lbs fighters midgets when the average dude is a fw/lw.

Agreed. I guess i just don't understand really liking one weight category and disliking another. It's like saying i'll watch Ronaldo but not Messi. That doesn't make any sense to me. You either like the sport or you don't.

I know this thread is about Glory but in Muay Thai there are great fights and knockout merchants all the way down to 105lbs. Give Newlukrak & Tukatatong a step ladder and they'll knock anyone out :icon_chee So if people are picking fights based on weight then they're missing out on a lot of great action.

I agree with both of you Justinvr and annuity. Personally I like MW and below in every combat sport (LHW and below for Boxing) the most because they often posses the best skills, speed etc. and that's where the majority of the talent is. Give me a LW/FW fight over a HW fight in Glory any day, guaranteed I'll be more entertained.

People that call 125-135 (let alone 155) lbs fighters "midgets" and think they can't bust a grape, should spar even a well trained, serious 115 (!) amateur, you're up for a surprise.

A 130 -160 ripped pro fighter is much bigger than you think in person.

People that call 125-135 (let alone 155) lbs fighters "midgets" and think they can't bust a grape, should spar even a well trained, serious 115 (!) amateur, you're up for a surprise.

A 130 -160 ripped pro fighter is much bigger than you think in person.
the thing is....there has to be a line where it stops

what is the next weight class? 85 pound? 60 pound?
every person has a point where they think it's enough

below 135/140 I'm no longer that much interested.......105 it's like watching tiny lil kids fight each other.

I understand that in parts of Asia 105 pound is interesting because most people are tiny and 105 doesn't seem that tiny.

Glory is doing it awesome. Feather weight is really exciting and below that, it can wait.

What i also HATE is a zillion weight classes in boxing amd muay thai and fighters have titles in like 4, sometimes 5 weight classes

What's the point in fighting for a title and then fight for a title that's 5 pound higher (or lower). It's ridiculous.. It also becomes less clear who's the best at what weight....fighters can shift between weight classes much easier and I don't see the point of it.

Glory is doing great, below feather weight can wait for now

below 135/140 I'm no longer that much interested.......105 it's like watching tiny lil kids fight each other.

I understand that in parts of Asia 105 pound is interesting because most people are tiny and 105 doesn't seem that tiny.

Glory is doing it awesome. Feather weight is really exciting and below that, it can wait.

What i also HATE is a zillion weight classes in boxing amd muay thai and fighters have titles in like 4, sometimes 5 weight classes

What's the point in fighting for a title and then fight for a title that's 5 pound higher (or lower). It's ridiculous.. It also becomes less clear who's the best at what weight....fighters can shift between weight classes much easier and I don't see the point of it.

i do hope that they will make a 135 lbs weight class someday, but not right now, because they still have some work to do with featherweight imo.

I actually like all weight classes and think some just need more development than others. The fact that we actually have multiple legitimate weight classes, as opposed to the two we had in K-1, already is a massive step forward. Of course -70kg is a well developed division, but it also has a tradition going back to 2002. Heavyweight has always been a big division because anyone not being able to make -70kg would go up. Now with the new divisions you really don't need to anymore. The weight classes closer to the average weight of a human will always be more stacked, just because there are more people around these weights.

You sound like exactly the person i was talking about. Will watch Ronaldo but not Messi.

below 135/140 I'm no longer that much interested

So pretty much the whole of Muay Thai in Thailand you're not interested in. Wow!

105 it's like watching tiny lil kids fight each other

It's really not. When did you last watch a 105lbs fight?

I understand that in parts of Asia 105 pound is interesting

Strange statement. I'm European and i love any weight class.

This weight class snobbery is very new to me is this wide spread amongst fight fans in general or not? Doesn't make any sense to me what so ever.

Last edited:
You sound like exactly the person i was talking about. Will watch Ronaldo but not Messi.

So pretty much the whole of Muay Thai in Thailand you're not interested in. Wow!

It's really not. When did you last watch a 105lbs fight?

Strange statement. I'm European and i love any weight class.

This weight class snobbery is very new to me is this wide spread amongst fight fans in general or not? Doesn't make any sense to me what so ever.

oh my god that has to be the WEAKEST comparison I have seen in years.....comparing a martial art that's defined by weight classes with soccer where there is no such thing as a weight class

so please stop with that comparison, it's weak. I wil watch both ronaldo and messi

I am interested in muay thai but if it's below 130, I usually don't want to watch it. That does not mean that they shouldn't fight or that it's wrong, it's just not for me and if you are being truly honest, it's also not made for the bigger audience. there's a reaon why the casual fans love heavyweight and light heavyweight.

There's a reaosn why the lighter guys are fighting the undercard more than the bigger fighters......is it fair? No. Is it wrong? Again no, it's preferences.

I love all weight classes untill it gets ridiculous to watch (for me). 105 pound is pretty much unwatchabe for me.

But if we were to stay on-topic......FW and LW are the best weight classes in glory and I think they're doing just fine.

Better than countless amounts of weight classes with fighters fighting in several different weight classes.

DO us kickboxing fans really want to have just as much weight classes in boxing?

Bare in mind that in MT they do have a weightclass for every fucking pound almost, but at least they stop at like what? 150?

For kickboxing it would mean that there would be just as many weight classes as in boxing.....wich is ridiulous to me.....fighters competing in 5 different weight classes

What's wrong with how glory set it up right now? I think it's great

Yes, the snobbery is very common. Couch potatoes think they can beat up anyone below 170 so they don't respect the divisions. It's really quite retarded. They also call them boring because the chance of a knock out is greatly reduced the lower you get. My question to them is; do you even really enjoy watching fights if you're so anxious to see a knockout? Wouldn't a real fight fan rather a great 3-5 round war between two peak combat athletes? Just goes to show that many would prefer a quick knockout over a really great fight any day. I mean, just look at how MMA "fans" shit on FW-FLW because they're "boring" and don't have any power. Who cares? Aldo, Johnson, Barao, Dodson, Dillashaw etc. they all put on great fights. Technical and sublime clinics of skill and technique.

oh my god that has to be the WEAKEST comparison I have seen in years.....comparing a martial art that's defined by weight classes with soccer where there is no such thing as a weight class

so please stop with that comparison, it's weak. I wil watch both ronaldo and messi

I am interested in muay thai but if it's below 130, I usually don't want to watch it. That does not mean that they shouldn't fight or that it's wrong, it's just not for me and if you are being truly honest, it's also not made for the bigger audience. there's a reaon why the casual fans love heavyweight and light heavyweight.

There's a reaosn why the lighter guys are fighting the undercard more than the bigger fighters......is it fair? No. Is it wrong? Again no, it's preferences.

I love all weight classes untill it gets ridiculous to watch (for me). 105 pound is pretty much unwatchabe for me.

It's a perfect analogy. Same sport, one's 6 foot plus and the other's a "midget" as you would put it. As you say you watch both. It would silly to watch one and not the other. Thank you for proving my point.

Fight fans want to watch good fights period. I've never heard anyone before saying they won't watch a good fight below a certain weight. You're missing out on so many great fights for no reason. I fail to see how a good fight at 105lbs isn't the same as a good fight at 205lbs.

Yes, the snobbery is very common. Couch potatoes think they can beat up anyone below 170 so they don't respect the divisions. It's really quite retarded. They also call them boring because the chance of a knock out is greatly reduced the lower you get. My question to them is; do you even really enjoy watching fights if you're so anxious to see a knockout? Wouldn't a real fight fan rather a great 3-5 round war between two peak combat athletes? Just goes to show that many would prefer a quick knockout over a really great fight any day. I mean, just look at how MMA "fans" shit on FW-FLW because they're "boring" and don't have any power. Who cares? Aldo, Johnson, Barao, Dodson, Dillashaw etc. they all put on great fights. Technical and sublime clinics of skill and technique.

It is indeed quite retarded. I don't know how these compare to boxing and MMA but Live Muay Thai Guy did some stats the other day of all the fights he's uploaded. Seems to me there's something for everyone at any weight class. Knockouts and great 5 rounders.
muay-thai-stats2.png

It's a perfect analogy. Same sport, one's 6 foot plus and the other's a "midget" as you would put it. As you say you watch both. It would silly to watch one and not the other. Thank you for proving my point.

Fight fans want to watch good fights period. I've never heard anyone before saying they won't watch a good fight below a certain weight. You're missing out on so many great fights for no reason. I fail to see how a good fight at 105lbs isn't the same as a good fight at 205lbs.

oh my god, you must be stupid

weight classes are to make the playing field more even.......in soccer there is no such thing as a weight class so there's also NO SUCH THING as chosing what sized soccer player you watch, because they all compete against each other on the same field

If you want to see a good fight period....why don't you go watch 60 pound fights. Would you watch a 60 pound grown up fight?

There's a line when it becomes a bit ridiculous and to each it's their own

Deal with it. The 105 pounders wil never be in the international spotlight

Brock have you been listening to Rap/Heavy metal today!?
:)
To answer ts Lightweight is my preffered it is established and most technically sound but i like them all to be fair and there a great matchups in each for different reasons.

Brock have you been listening to Rap/Heavy metal today!?
:)
To answer ts Lightweight is my preffered it is established and most technically sound but i like them all to be fair and there a great matchups in each for different reasons.

well I was jogging this morning and I did listen to some (Dutch) rap but no heavy metal

Back