Your favorite movie of 1996

Your favorite movie of 1996

• Total voters
Glad to see Romeo + Juliet is getting a little bit of love. That was awesome when it first came out and I still love it.

LOL it was freakin crazy. Everything was crazy back then. I miss that.

To get you into the mood of the times. Listen to this and browse the thread

ahhhh....sweet sweet 90's

Independence Day, followed by Happy Gilmore, the Rock and Mission Impossible.

Gotta be Sling Blade. That's what started off my dream of having a southern accent some day

Gotta be Sling Blade. That's what started off my dream of having a southern accent some day

images

I still remember seeing indepence day ,space jam ,dragon heart and twister.I was ten going on eleven in 1996.i remember it was also nickeloden's golden era . i still fondly remember watch snick , especially are you afraid of the dark . i also remember boy meets world.thank you for bring back so

I ment to say thank you for bring back so many child hood memories op.

I graduated high school in 96 so it's a special time for me. I get nostalgia overload once in awhile thinking about the movies and music and everything about that time. Seems like a better time than now, but it's hard to tell because I guess I was still in my wonder years or whatever. But WOW looking at the movies that came out that year....it definitely was a better time than now.

Obvious choice is ID4. And I did love that. Also loved Twister...to the point where I wanted to be a tornado chaser...seriously....for a little while. BUT....I'm going with SCREAM! THAT shit was a total game changer and SO MUCH FUN to see in theaters. What say you, sherbrethren?

Edit: I ran out of poll choices but also:

The Frighteners
Sling Blade
Broken Arrow
Primal Fear

I picked Romeo and Juliet because I saw it at a Drive In. Drive In's were cool as hell.

the 90s were a hell of a decade for movies. A lot of iconic stuff came out during that time.

That entire list is stacked.

Last edited:
I picked Romeo and Juliet because I saw it at a Drive In. Drive In's were cool as hell.

I saw Jurassic Park at a drive-in. Shit was amazing. It really made the water ripple / T-Rex scene surreal, since I was watching it in a car at night.

I forgot 1996 was so awesome. Good year for games too, mario 64, Resident Evil, Quake, Diablo, Tomb Raider, etc. 90's goat decade.

Back