your favorite high level competitive fights casuals don't know about ?

Damn i love those fights. When two guys in their prime meet at the top of the division, or even somewhere along the way, there's always that excitement growing. When it delivers, it's something that lives on for a long time !

We all have Fedor Cro Cop as an example, but what other less known fights do you have in mind ?

Tsarukyan Gamrot was amazing.. then i think of :
Whittaker Romero
Adesanya Whittaker 2
Aldo Mendes
Lamas Holloway
Machida Shogun
Mousasi Machida
Hendricks GSP
Condit Lawler
Rockhold Jacare
First or second Aldo vs. Mendes? First or second Machida and Shogun? I don't knw what casuals know tbh.

OP is trolling, but the replies are concerning. It seems the younger generation's brains have been destroyed by TikTok and the older generation's by good old fashioned booze and meth.

You expect to see fights like Olaf Alfonso vs John Polakowski listed - even that's not that obscure because it was voted by many as Fight of the Year at the time.

But instead we get major title fights rattled off as 'obscure'.

This remains my personal fave. I was a huge Heath fan back in the day, primarily because of his ability to outlast and smash giant American wrestlers, but this one was truly bananas from start to finish. It honestly had everything and gave us all a chance to see that Big Nog wasn't just an amazing grappler.

The tear Nog was on back in the day had us all thinking he'd be the top dog for a while; then along came a Russkie.

OP is trolling, but the replies are concerning. It seems the younger generation's brains have been destroyed by TikTok and the older generation's by good old fashioned booze and meth.

You expect to see fights like Olaf Alfonso vs John Polakowski listed - even that's not that obscure because it was voted by many as Fight of the Year at the time.

Yeah, if we wanna get obscure Pulver/Bozo was an absolute banger that maybe five people here will remember.

My favorite underrated fight for a long time has been Condit/Kampmann 1. Great back and forth fight with some exciting scrambles on the ground.

Not as good as Diaz vs Semtex , but Nick was a gangster in his prime , he walks through a lot of abuse in this fight and still melts him in less than 10 minutes

There's a massive difference between obscure fights and fights casuals don't know about. Casual watchers of MMA these days have no idea who guys like Crusher, Uno, Hellboy etc are. Even if they've managed to hear the name, there's basically zero chance they can list any fights let alone have actually seen them. Also, "high-level" invites listing some of the better fighters.

Of course, it's funny to list major title fights in the UFC like Shogun-Machida 1 or classic fights like Shogun-Hendo 1. However, fights that casuals don't know evolves over time. I invite you to experiment with this. Find a bunch of casual fans of MMA today and ask them who Olaf Alfonso is. Feel free to report back your results.

Last edited:
No idea if saying casuals makes that guy feel better or its just an objective descrption, but what it's gross and creepy to me is to be indeed a casual and still spending time in a mma forum pretending you know about what you dont know
I'm glad that you said "to me"

Nothing to brag about. In every aspect of life there's always a level of knowledge or expertise. I'm not ashamed to say I'm a basketball casual. I have far more knowledge in MMA. It's simply facts
99.99% of the people who call others casuals, know nothing about martial arts nor ate they capable of seeing beyond their bias. That is simply factual

You're confusing "obscure", with "fights casuals don't know about". There's a lot of gray in-between, you're giving the casuals a lot of credit.

There's a massive difference between obscure fights and fights casuals don't know about. Casual watchers of MMA these days have no idea who guys like Crusher, Uno, Hellboy etc are. Even if they've managed to hear the name, there's basically zero chance they can list any fights let alone have actually seen them. Also, "high-level" invites listing some of the better fighters.

Of course, it's funny to list major title fights in the UFC like Shogun-Machida 1 or classic fights like Shogun-Hendo 1. However, fights that casuals don't know evolves over time. I invite you to experiment with this. Find a bunch of casual fans of MMA today and ask them who Olaf Alfonso is. Feel free to report back your results.
Beat me to it

You're confusing "obscure", with "fights casuals don't know about". There's a lot of gray in-between, you're giving the casuals a lot of credit.

Beat me to it

No, you're confusing this with a serious thread. The parameters laid out in the OP are nonsense.

If a 'casual' had never heard of some of these major title fights then the definition of 'casual' refers to somebody who only watches Conor, Brock or Ronda fights. In which case the answer to the question posed would be 'every fucking fight that didn't include Conor, Brock or Ronda'.

I was responding to the people taking it in the direction of 'obscure' and still miserably failing.

No, you're confusing this with a serious thread. The parameters laid out in the OP are nonsense.

If a 'casual' had never heard of some of these major title fights then the definition of 'casual' refers to somebody who only watches Conor, Brock or Ronda fights. In which case the answer to the question posed would be 'every fucking fight that didn't include Conor, Brock or Ronda'.

I was responding to the people taking it in the direction of 'obscure' and still miserably failing.
I just re-read the OP like 5 times to not come off like a dick, but what are you talking about? TS never set any parameters, he left the thread pretty open ended, you know "gray". One can summarize based on the context clues (the fights it's listed) where he meant to go with this thread. But please, continue to tell us all, including the guy who made the thread, how we're all wrong. Relax bro, I get it, the fights suck this week. Find a little something to keep your mind occupied like some physical activity or a female companion.

I just re-read the OP like 5 times to not come off like a dick, but what are you talking about? TS never set any parameters, he left the thread pretty open ended, you know "gray". One can summarize based on the context clues (the fights it's listed) where he meant to go with this thread. But please, continue to tell us all, including the guy who made the thread, how we're all wrong. Relax bro, I get it, the fights suck this week. Find a little something to keep your mind occupied like some physical activity or a female companion.

Yes, 'open-ended' to the point of complete meaninglessness. That's the point. If GSP-Hendricks, Shogun-Machida etc. fights - PPVs that did 500,000+ buys - are the standard by which we define a 'casual', then a casual is someone who is only aware of megafights involving a breakout star and thus would be unaware of 99.99% of MMA fights that have taken place.

So that means almost every single fight in MMA history qualifies. And because it is such a retarded premise, people took it upon themselves to list fights they actually thought were genuinely obscure. Try to keep up.

So don't worry, you don't come across as a dick. More just oddly emotional and simple.

Back