Your favorite gun!!

that Springfield XD looks sick^^^
M-16
M16.jpg

I'm genuinely curious as to how/where you draw the line between "premium" and "bare bones." I have a Daly M5 hi-cap .45, retails about $550-$600 last time I checked. Sits in the hand like a Kimber (I think the company that produces the lower receiver used to supply Kimber with the same sorts of parts), functions flawlessly, and is every bit as accurate out of the box as 1911-frame autos from Colt or Springfield costing about twice as much.

But I understand with guns: "to each their own." Lots of guys crap on Taurus autos; I bought a PT-92 back in 1991 with some of my accumulated deployment/combat swag from Desert Storm. I've put thousands of rounds (10K would be a very conservative estimate) through it, everything from high-dollar Golden Eagle to p.o.s. aluminum-cased target loads, and it has fed them all reliably and put holes in the target where I want them all that time. Some guys love Glocks; I don't.

Completely agree. I just got back from the range with my Taurus .45ACP and it shoots great. I don't see why I should spend 350-500 dollars more for what is basically the same gun.

Completely agree. I just got back from the range with my Taurus .45ACP and it shoots great. I don't see why I should spend 350-500 dollars more for what is basically the same gun.

ive owned 2 taurus pistols. both revolvers. there was so much slop in the cylinders i was completely afraid to shoot them. they loosened up after about 100 rounds in my .38 and in about 25 rounds in my raging bull .500. ive seen all i need to out of taurus quality. i understand every company has some quality issues slip through and thats the reason i bought the .38 after the .500 but when the cylinder would move when cocked almost a 16th of an inch in either direction i decided to give up on them. maybe i just got two bad ones or im just too jumpy but my super redhawk and smith and wessons locked down tight when cocked, and ive shot thousands of rounds through them. i kinda want everything to be inline on a centerfire when i pull the trigger. maybe thats just me.

My favorite handgun: S&W Mod. 4506. When you run out of ammo, it's useful for a Quentin Tarantino-style bludgeoning.

e0062805_4a1920baadef3.jpg

new one on the right... kimber eclipse custom II its awesome.
DSCN1909.jpg

DSCN1911.jpg

i love 1911s...

handguns aren't common over here, only fired a sig saur (friends is acop his service pistol)

but this baby at the range
357_38special_swmodel66.jpg

that is just me handgun wise

I don't get that trigger on the 1911, just a gimmick or does it serve some special purpose?

and I assume the design is totally different?

a regular trigger you "bend" backwards, a 1911 you "push" backwards?

is it awkward?

not at all, aside from the trigger on my .17, its my favorite.

The 1911's trigger is shaped that way because it pushes the trigger bow, which is box shaped and wraps around the magazine inside the grip to the rear, where it controls the sear. With many other autos, the trigger mechanism works above where the magazine rests in the grip. Hopefully this makes sense.

The best thing about the 1911's trigger pull is the crisp and short single action pull Way more usable and faster than pretty much any other pistol.

Remington 870 Magnum.

Just because it's cool, reliable, and cheap enough that I own one.

I don't know that much about guns, but I shot the Heckler&Koch G36, a P8 pistol and a MG3.

Shooting with the MG3 was fun. Cleaning it up afterwards not so much.

Guess what army I was in for nine stupid months...

Well these would have to be my two favorite fire arms so far, as they are the only two I have owned.

.22 Browning and a Benelli Super Nova

img0053kc.jpg

My 12ga shotty. Can hunt pretty much anything that's mid-range or closer and the best home defense weapon.

every body and their mom in Mexico used to have customized 1911's an 38 super's when I was growing up,it was chalino Sanchez gun of choice
CHALINOSANCHEZ.jpg

I like the MP-5 SMG
Picture281.jpg

Back