Your favorite gun!!

:rolleyes:

You do realize that Glock makes four different pistols chambered for 9mm right? That's like saying "my favourite car is a Chevy V8."

There are seven models chambered in 9x19:

17c
19c
18 - requires class III license

Like any premium American brand 1911, we have to pay a premium price, I've yet to find a 1911 here that costs less than $1K, unless we're talking bare bones GI models or something made by Taurus, Charles Daly, RIA, etc. I actually love 1911s, I'm very traditionalist about a lot of things, I just can't shoot them for shit. :icon_neut

I'm genuinely curious as to how/where you draw the line between "premium" and "bare bones." I have a Daly M5 hi-cap .45, retails about $550-$600 last time I checked. Sits in the hand like a Kimber (I think the company that produces the lower receiver used to supply Kimber with the same sorts of parts), functions flawlessly, and is every bit as accurate out of the box as 1911-frame autos from Colt or Springfield costing about twice as much.

But I understand with guns: "to each their own." Lots of guys crap on Taurus autos; I bought a PT-92 back in 1991 with some of my accumulated deployment/combat swag from Desert Storm. I've put thousands of rounds (10K would be a very conservative estimate) through it, everything from high-dollar Golden Eagle to p.o.s. aluminum-cased target loads, and it has fed them all reliably and put holes in the target where I want them all that time. Some guys love Glocks; I don't.

I'm genuinely curious as to how/where you draw the line between "premium" and "bare bones." I have a Daly M5 hi-cap .45, retails about $550-$600 last time I checked. Sits in the hand like a Kimber (I think the company that produces the lower receiver used to supply Kimber with the same sorts of parts), functions flawlessly, and is every bit as accurate out of the box as 1911-frame autos from Colt or Springfield costing about twice as much.

But I understand with guns: "to each their own." Lots of guys crap on Taurus autos; I bought a PT-92 back in 1991 with some of my accumulated deployment/combat swag from Desert Storm. I've put thousands of rounds (10K would be a very conservative estimate) through it, everything from high-dollar Golden Eagle to p.o.s. aluminum-cased target loads, and it has fed them all reliably and put holes in the target where I want them all that time. Some guys love Glocks; I don't.

Modern, premium 1911s generally have features which were once considered upgrades that gun smiths performed like an extended beavertail to eliminate hammer bite, extended grip safeties which are easier to operate, superior sights (compared to old school M1911A1 combat sights), extended and sometimes ambidextrous thumb safeties, checkering or finer checkering on the front and back straps, skeletonized triggers and hammers which are supposed to reduce lock time, beveled magazine wells, tuned triggers, and "most importantly" a name brand. :p

That's not to say I hate on the lesser known 1911 clones, hell, I was excited about the new Charles Daly G4 a little while ago; a good enough shooter can certainly produce good results with a "bare bones" 1911, but all those little features do add to the cost of premium brands.

The one that works, and saves my life...

Yeah, that's my fav.

moto_0037.jpg

my savage .17hmr

moto_0036.jpg

ruger super single six.22 and my s & w 1911 .45

when gun seasons over ill add my .270.

I haven't shot a whole lot of different pistols, I'm very inexperienced and also Canfailian; owning a pistol is extremely expensive and we have to register our guns, meaning if I buy one and don't like it, it's a pain in the ass to get rid of it.

I only started shooting last December and trigger time at ranges has been few and far between, but from what I remember, here's what I've shot so far:

Glock 17
Glock 22
H&K USP (.40 S&W)
S&W 1911

I actually appreciate all the engineering and considerations taken into the Glock; it's simplicity, ease of use and tear down, it's light weight, ruggedness and durability, but like many Glock critics I dislike the feel of the grip (checkering is blocky and rough) and grip angle. I still think it's too early for me to tell, I can't really afford a pistol now anyways, but after yesterday I'm strongly leaning towards a Glock.

Note: I'm thinking about building a target pistol, regular Canadian citizens can't get ATCs (CCWs).

really disliked alot about the glock. accuracy and the grip was top of my list. plus i just cant get past the really bland looks. if i was going to go with a polymer i think i would lean more toward the fnh fnp .45. they seem alot more accurate and feel better to me.
DSC03514.jpg

you cant really beat a good 1911 though imo.

The 4 that I own:

p229l.jpg

My absolute favorite. .40 S&W. GOT SIG?

g21sf-picatinny-left-full.jpg

Glock 21 SF. I don't have large hands. I wish I had gotten a Glock 22 actually.

memuspcstainless.jpg

I wanted a two tone HK. I don't like the compact in .40, cause it's so snappy. I just went with a 9mm. It's the only 9 I have.

kimber_TLE.jpg

I was told to get a Wilson instead, but this is my favorite alongside the SIG. it just feels....right in my hands.

I want a a SIG 226 in .40 or .357 SIG, and a full size USP, probably also in .40. I won't get anymore 1911s for a while. Too expensive. After those two, in 2011, maybe I'll get another Glock in 9mm or .40. I don't know if I;d get a 17/19, or a 22/23 in .40 S&W.

I honestly don't think I'd ever buy a pistol besides an HK, SIG, Glock, or a high quality 1911 like a Wilson, Springfield, etc.

kimber_TLE.jpg

I honestly don't think I'd ever buy a pistol besides an HK, SIG, Glock, or a high quality 1911 like a Wilson, Springfield, etc.

thats a nice kimber, ill probably end up getting the eclipseII before long its a very sweet gun.

large_eclipse_custom_II.jpg

i really wish someone would make 3 dot full adjustable tritium sights. ive looked at novaks and i like them except that there is not a windage adjustment.

thats a nice kimber, ill probably end up getting the eclipseII before long its a very sweet gun.

large_eclipse_custom_II.jpg

i really wish someone would make 3 dot full adjustable tritium sights. ive looked at novaks and i like them except that there is not a windage adjustment.

I think you could order these from dawson. All of their sights for the xd series have the option to be plain, fiber optic or tritium. I'm guessing it would be the same for 1911 sights

marlin_1894C.jpg

Marlin 1894c. Holds nine .357 mag or ten .38 spl

The .357 from a carbine is deadly.

It's getting a Williams Firesight soon.

my brother has the 1895 stainless in a 45/70. its a pretty cool gun. its not near the recoil monster i figured it would be considering the caliber.

my 10 gauge h&r still makes me pee a little.

omg :( that's robbery dude, 1k could get you a nice Dan Wesson, Springfield Armory, Les Baer.

RIAs are like $300 here. I think the Springer GI model is around $500.

Eh Sigs are always going for around 1k, so that's normal. Glocks (17,19) are usually are $300-600 here depending on condition and the generation

Guns for Sale have a look around :D

if you find a les baer for 1k send me the link, ill be on that like a bum on a bologna sandwich.

Kimber Team Match II....the beauty of a 1911 is just a glorious thing
Team_Match_II_A.jpg

if you find a les baer for 1k send me the link, ill be on that like a bum on a bologna sandwich.

Lol you gotta understand that Les Baers for 1k is extremely rare. Check Gunbroker and hope something pops up. I don't think Proload.com could get you one for 1k. Maybe ar15.com in the classifieds forum.

Back