Your favorite black and white movie?

1dK9i0dkJvI7GK4QZ0924J8hKM4S1BrA91qNKZW0-1454757065.jpg

Could be a number of contenders, like The Seventh Seal which was already mentioned, but I'll have to go with:

andrei-rublev-poster.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Stalker but it is only black and white for a few scenes, otherwise it would be at #1 for me.

Night of the living Dead
nightofthelivingdead-1920x1080.jpg

Eyes Without a Face is pretty good

eyes-without-a-face.jpg

My favorite overall is 12 Angry Men.

The coolest is The Killers.

The ones i think really used and got the most out of B&W are The Third Man and Night of the Hunter (which I'm not that crazy about, but God damn it looks cool).

My favorite overall is 12 Angry Men.

The coolest is The Killers.

The ones i think really used and got the most out of B&W are The Third Man and Night of the Hunter (which I'm not that crazy about, but God damn it looks cool).

The Third Man is fun.
Wasn't it written by Graham Green?
He wrote some weird stories. Brighton Rock was fun.

M
La strada
Seventh seal
City lights
Smiles of a summer night

Clerks
Coffee and Cigarettes
Pi
Schindler's List

I wouldnt consider Schindlers List to be a "black and white" film.... first of all because if youve seen Schindlers List it is not a complete film in black and white, and second because it wasnt done during the black and white film era where the director had to pull the creative resources from a limited medium to tell a story that could not be done in any other way other than black and white film. By his own admission Spielberg shot Schindlers List in black and white because he couldnt see or remember images of the holocaust in any other way than black and white pictures (the way we've all seen it) it was a esthetic decision more than anything else, so that movie was done with modern film resources but in black and white to create the dramatic period effect. Maybe to you its not important but to me it is

Well to be fair the OP cited the LOOK of B&W that inspired this thread.

White Chicks

"Seventh Seal" by Bergman
left a deep imprint on me that I'll
never shake off. I think it has to
do with the time in which I saw it
& the proceeding turn my life took.

& I've yet to revisit it.

tumblr_lhcx3pyGTx1qzvu53o1_500.gif

Shout out to "Fire Within" by Malle
& "M" by Lang
& to Kurosawa

Not the biggest fan personally, but as far as Bergman goes, i do have some appreciation for this one...especially with regard to making black and white look cool and creating memorable imagery. I love the dance of death shots.

Seventh-41.jpg

Back