Your favorite Anderson Silva moment?

When he moved up to Lightweight and made a fool out of former LHW champ Forrest Griffin.

Most of the Anderson Silva detractors are just really sad Georges fanboys that feel.the need to discredit greatness and the ability to finish title fights in spectacular fashion. It would take literally 10 hands to count all.of.Anderson's amazing moments in the fight game. It takes one hand to list Georges hl in fight moments. How any fan of this sport can shit on Anderson is beyond me. At 47 he's still headlining cards. This guy is a global treasure.
You’re using Silva to exemplify your obvious disdain for Georges. No offense, but that’s equally as bad. You could simply point out your observation without getting into finish rates but you can’t help yourself . <45>Ignore the GSP fanboys, bro. Let’s just talk about Anderson today.

I really loved his UFC debut against Chris Leben, that was such a beautiful destruction!!!, it was one of the best debuts ever in UFC history. Every punch, kick and knee landed accurately and he missed nothing.

Leben may not be the greatest fighter ever but he did have an amazing chin, he had a really good chin! so the way Silva put him out was awesome.

Definitely my favorite Silva moment! The "I'm gonna send him back to Japan where the competition's easier" from Leben made the outrageously precise beatdown all the more satisfying

In 2010 I was trying to get some friends into mma, and I was so sure he would beat Sonnen that I promised them I would get a pink Mohawk if he lost. That whole fight was one wild ride.

His first title fight against Franklin. To this day, that was the most devastating and brutal thai clinch and knees I've ever seen in MMA. Loved how he set it up with constant knees to the body, only for Franklin to drop his guard to defend his body and then went up top with a nasty knee to the nose completely rearranging his face for life.

The moment he's announced as the winner in the Nick fight. Looking back, he experienced one of the most darkest days in his life when he broke his leg and thought his career is over. He even mentioned he even questioned his faith on the Man upstairs on why did it happened to him. Seeing him comeback and did what everyone thinks can't be done again is just amazing. Seeing him broke down in tears just hits home.

And his most memorable quote is also in this video.
"Nick is the best" - Anderson "The Spider" Silva

You're being dramatic. He didn't think his career was over. The exact injury happened to Pele Landi years before and same thing. One year off and back in the ring.

His training video with Steven Seagal is GOLD.

Most of the Anderson Silva detractors are just really sad Georges fanboys that feel.the need to discredit greatness and the ability to finish title fights in spectacular fashion. It would take literally 10 hands to count all.of.Anderson's amazing moments in the fight game. It takes one hand to list Georges hl in fight moments. How any fan of this sport can shit on Anderson is beyond me. At 47 he's still headlining cards. This guy is a global treasure.

Sooo, you're complaining about GSP fanboys being whiny bitches because they feel the need to try and shit on Silva's legacy in order to try and make GSP's legacy look better, and your response to their doing this is toooo...... try and shit on GSP's legacy in order to try and make Silva's legacy look better.....?

Wow, way to keep the thread on topic and fight negativity in MMA discourse. <Lmaoo>

I legit though the fight was over. Was screaming like a maniac.

tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

Can someone please explain to me what Herb dean i supposed to do here? Should he have stopped the fight before the flying knee and give Bisping his mouthguard? Or did he follow the book.

Great post and on point. Unfortunately many didn’t come onto this forum with that mindset. It’s the certain posters that do that on a regular basis that have conditioned many to either retaliate or beat them to the punch so to speak.
I’m not an Anderson fan, but I’ll admit his domination of that division was a sight to behold. Unfortunately some of his fans are the absolute worst and bring that side out of people.
Agreed.

And I could say the same about Conor fans, or Fedor fans, or the two remaining Penn fans, or GSP fans, etc. People are passionate and that's okay, but shitting on the legends of the sport you follow is stupid.

Boxing fans will argue forever who the GOAT was but I don't see boxing fans ever call Ali a can-crusher or Foreman a windmilling idiot. I don't see Kobe fans saying Jordan was no good. Red Sox fans won't call Dimaggio a bum or Ruth a fatass.

Only in MMA do we shit on legends every day in every forum thread and it's embarrassing

Sooo, you're complaining about GSP fanboys being whiny bitches because they feel the need to try and shit on Silva's legacy in order to try and make GSP's legacy look better, and your response to their doing this is toooo...... try and shit on GSP's legacy in order to try and make Silva's legacy look better.....?

Wow, way to keep the thread on topic and fight negativity in MMA discourse. <Lmaoo>
Yeah. No to out any particular individual poster, but every fanboy/detractor spouts their predictable rhetoric constantly. It doesn’t change a single person’s mind. It’s like your typical self righteous political friend who regularly posts the same agenda on Facebook everyday. We are fully aware of your position and posting it 45 more times will not strengthen your stance.

It’s neither here nor there. I hate to interact in the continuous dick measuring contest between Silva and GSP fans.

For the record, and this is completely superfluous, I think GSP had a stronger career start to finish. Silva probably had a higher peak. It’s just my opinion. It can be countered with equally satisfactory evidence pointing to the contrary. The reason I bring this up is because in creating this thread admiring Silva’s body of work, never once did I need to bring up GSP in a negative light to prop up Silva’s accomplishments. They hold up just fucking fine on their own. They both had different approaches to the sport, different styles, and different opponents. One isn’t necessarily “better” than the other.

In light of all the GOAT talks and fans growing bitter towards fighters and their respective fan bases, I feel like we’ve grown desensitized as a community towards greatness and simply appreciating it when we see it. We are truly losing a bonafide legend of the sport tonight.

It doesn’t matter how Anderson Silva stacks up against GSP, Fedor, Khabib, or Jones in a silly opinion based conversation. What is indisputable is the fact that Anderson Silva was simply incredible and was capable of magic that can’t be replicated. Let’s show him some respect.

What was your favorite moment?

I have to go with his front kick to Vitor Belfort in one of the most suspenseful buildups in MMA history.
View attachment 811257

Anderson getting KO’d stiff after mocking Weidman was my favorite Anderson Silva moment. I hate fighters who do that shit.

when he was trying to clown weidman and then got embarrassed. top 3 ufc moments for me

I legit though the fight was over. Was screaming like a maniac.

tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

Can someone please explain to me what Herb dean i supposed to do here? Should he have stopped the fight before the flying knee and give Bisping his mouthguard? Or did he follow the book.
It’s clear as day that fight should have been stopped. That said, for Bisping to come back and win the fight is fucking incredible. Another guy who’s chucked to the side like he was never a solid fighter. He was.

You're 100% right.

I think part of the issue is that MMA fans always seem to have an agenda - a Conor fan will forever refuse to acknowledge Khabib's greatness, for example. And Chael and Jones and GSP and Fedor fans will take any chance to shit on Silva that they can get.

And I myself am a GSP fan. He's the GOAT in my opinion. But I don't need to shit on Silva to make GSP look better. I can say how great Silva was, but that GSP was better. I don't need to criticize Fedor's opponents to make GSP look better - GSP and his career speak for themselves. I don't need everyone (or anyone) to agree with me - it's my opinion.

But far too many MMA fans hate MMA fighters just to try and push their own biased agenda instead of enjoying the sport as it is, and it's really frustrating to see
Probably the only GSP fan that I will respect

The moment he's announced as the winner in the Nick fight. Looking back, he experienced one of the most darkest days in his life when he broke his leg and thought his career is over. He even mentioned he even questioned his faith on the Man upstairs on why did it happened to him. Seeing him comeback and did what everyone thinks can't be done again is just amazing. Seeing him broke down in tears just hits home.

And his most memorable quote is also in this video.
"Nick is the best" - Anderson "The Spider" Silva

pretty sure he cheated that fight too right?

11.gif

Anderson's had some great moments (many already posted), but this moment just had so much "shit just got real" to it. Especially considering that before the fight, Belfort seemed like the only fighter who had a chance against Anderson.

Honorable mention:

tenor.gif

Back