Your favorite Anderson Silva moment?

1-4 rounds with chael in their first fight

See. This is what happens to victories over time. They are downplayed/discredited badly. Now we have to read dumbass threads about how Adesanya is greater than Silva. Just ignorance.

“Forrest was a bum.”

Oh really? The guy who drowned Shogun, outpointed Rampage, and was beating Rashad before getting finished? Anderson SMOKED him. It was incredible.

In a couple years when Adesanya loses we will have a new generation of ignorance that will go back and talk about how Costa was was a bum and how Romero had lost 4/5 during his run against Adesanya, and how he almost got beat by Gastelum, etc. I don’t hold any of these opinions, but this is what we do here. After his loss is contextualized you will find nobody saying he is better than Anderson. I don’t even mean to point the finger at Izzy, who is incredible himself. Just a general observation of our ungrateful attitudes.
You're 100% right.

I think part of the issue is that MMA fans always seem to have an agenda - a Conor fan will forever refuse to acknowledge Khabib's greatness, for example. And Chael and Jones and GSP and Fedor fans will take any chance to shit on Silva that they can get.

And I myself am a GSP fan. He's the GOAT in my opinion. But I don't need to shit on Silva to make GSP look better. I can say how great Silva was, but that GSP was better. I don't need to criticize Fedor's opponents to make GSP look better - GSP and his career speak for themselves. I don't need everyone (or anyone) to agree with me - it's my opinion.

But far too many MMA fans hate MMA fighters just to try and push their own biased agenda instead of enjoying the sport as it is, and it's really frustrating to see

1-4 rounds with chael in their first fight
See this is exactly what I'm talking about in my post above.

Congrats, you hate MMA more than John McCain ever did. How's it feel?

You're 100% right.

I think part of the issue is that MMA fans always seem to have an agenda - a Conor fan will forever refuse to acknowledge Khabib's greatness, for example. And Chael and Jones and GSP and Fedor fans will take any chance to shit on Silva that they can get.

And I myself am a GSP fan. He's the GOAT in my opinion. But I don't need to shit on Silva to make GSP look better. I can say how great Silva was, but that GSP was better. I don't need to criticize Fedor's opponents to make GSP look better - GSP and his career speak for themselves. I don't need everyone (or anyone) to agree with me - it's my opinion.

But far too many MMA fans hate MMA fighters just to try and push their own biased agenda instead of enjoying the sport as it is, and it's really frustrating to see
Already had a few in this thread.

His debut against Leben and his dismantling of Rick Franklin were brilliant.

The emotional reaction on big nogs win over shaub was very telling for me.

Not his greatest moment but a great display of real friendship

My favorite Anderson moment is his decimation of Chris Leben. We knew Leben wasn’t world class, but the guy was a brawler and always came to punch someone in the face. He didn’t do a damn thing to Anderson.

I knew then Anderson was someone who was going to become a P4P legend and he did just that. My favorite fighter of all time and one of my heroes I don’t care what anyone says.
Some of my best times as a teenager was watching Anderson’s reign with my father and us screaming off the couch when Anderson would hit a very frequent highlight finish. Those were the best times man.

Too many really, too many moments to just pick one. The Vitor kick, the greatest comeback ever in Sonnen 1, the best matrix moments in the forrest fight etc.

I still say the triangle on sonnen. Pure heart. In the other fights he was in control. It takes a true champion to pull it off when you're not in control.

Too many really, too many moments to just pick one. The Vitor kick, the greatest comeback ever in Sonnen 1, the best matrix moments in the forrest fight etc.

I still say the triangle on sonnen. Pure heart. In the other fights he was in control. It takes a true champion to pull it off when you're not in control.
Well said. As a huge Chael fan, I was gutted. Respect to the Spider.

You're 100% right.

Great post and on point. Unfortunately many didn’t come onto this forum with that mindset. It’s the certain posters that do that on a regular basis that have conditioned many to either retaliate or beat them to the punch so to speak.
I’m not an Anderson fan, but I’ll admit his domination of that division was a sight to behold. Unfortunately some of his fans are the absolute worst and bring that side out of people.

There would be no Izzy if there hadnt been a Spider.

Most of the Anderson Silva detractors are just really sad Georges fanboys that feel.the need to discredit greatness and the ability to finish title fights in spectacular fashion. It would take literally 10 hands to count all.of.Anderson's amazing moments in the fight game. It takes one hand to list Georges hl in fight moments. How any fan of this sport can shit on Anderson is beyond me. At 47 he's still headlining cards. This guy is a global treasure.

Too many to name

Crane kick
Leben beatdown
Entering the matrix vs griffin

Probably my top 3

I really loved his UFC debut against Chris Leben, that was such a beautiful destruction!!!, it was one of the best debuts ever in UFC history. Every punch, kick and knee landed accurately and he missed nothing.

Leben may not be the greatest fighter ever but he did have an amazing chin, he had a really good chin! so the way Silva put him out was awesome.

I also loved that fight, and Koscheck's reaction after the win.

Back