Your E-life before Sherdog...

Are you female bro?

Nope, I am no "Sloot" lol!

In all seriousness, the whole thing kind of got depressing. I mean, there are some quality posters but the whole rep power thing became a big pissing contest.

My favorite year in the misc was 2012 and after that, it just went down hill.

I was hooked on watching gore videos and commenting/discussing them.

Before my nephew directed me towards sherdog, I frequent a liquor forum (mostly for mixes recipes when I'm hosting), a men's style forum, which is to mostly mock and degrade their poor tie selection or their efforts to find a new way in which to enhance a cheap set of cuff links etc.

My main forum would be the tech forum over at gizmodo and the camera site dpreview

Was on kung fu cinema forum before joining Sherdog.

I have a 2001 account on IMDB, and was one of the original members there. I signed up the day they introduced the message boards.

d12world where i started on.. by far the most entertaining forum i've been a part of.

admin got owned and they shut the shit down.. it was a crazy time..

spinoff was studio leaks where the majority of posters migrated to.. wasn't nearly as entertaining i kinda stopped going went to check it out the other day and that was shut down too..

so now it's mostly sherdog and recently i've been youtoubing heaps.. theres a lot of good shit you can watch..more entertaining then forums majority of the time

i had over 10,000 posts on a really small Radiohead message board.

those were the days.

Mm..

IRC then MSN.. then nothing of chatting nature because I MMORPG 10hrs+ a day. Quit gaming at 17 or 18. Then Veoh, they used to upload Death Note Anime, then Youtube.

Basically these. Other than IRC/MSN and Sherdog, I never really got into the chat part of internet. Basically watching Documentaries, Horror/Gore/Scary shit, Deviantart, movies and mp3 downloading.

Past few years I just SD, Yahoo Finance, Stocktwits and random stock websites and YT.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I remember after I quit gaming for a number of years I was lurking tv.com, that's the period I started American series and movies.

IRC back in the mid 90's, mostly in the Gwar channel. Other than that nothing. Lurked around Sherdog for a while before making an account. I've had accounts on various automotive and Law Enforcement forums.

Started on AOL pages and chat as a kid. Moved on to a dying usenet board for karate and judo. Then happened upon 24fightingchjckens board -> which led me to sherdog's highlight section-> which led me to the 'new' sherdog board which had recently been pulled and reset in late 2001. From there I wandered from forum to forum before settling at a dying forum entitled ironlife. There was bullshido, upstanding citizens, ninja shoes, the ug, and a few others.

Korn's, I met loads of people from there IRL. Really good people who I'm still in touvh with.

Ooh, I used to post on a Buffy board in the early 2000s. I forgot all about that.
Ha. I posted on a UK forum with people I met at (gasp) Whedon conventions.

Apparently I meet a lot of people online.

Sherdoggingwise it's not the norm to meet anyone ever because none of us are real but the people I've met from here have been awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to fix it but gave up.

Sorry, gawjuss ^

Korn's, I met loads of people from there IRL. Really good people who I'm still in touvh with.

Ooh, I used to post on a Buffy board in the early 2000s. I forgot all about that.
Ha. I posted on a UK forum with people I met at (gasp) Whedon conventions.

Apparently I meet a lot of people online.

Sherdoggingwise it's not the norm to meet anyone ever because none of us are real but the people I've met from here have been awesome.

Twenty years ago it would have been weird and mental to meetup with anyone you met online.
Amazing how things changed in the past ten years or so.

Local car forums. Joined sherdog, and never looked back

Twenty years ago it would have been weird and mental to meetup with anyone you met online.
Amazing how things changed in the past ten years or so.

Yep, completely mental. I met the Korn people at a pub before seeing them again at Download and it was a bit strange to begin with but then one of them came from Perth because his sister was getting wed in Croydon. That was amazing because we all knew him so well online but London and Australia are so far apart.

But I've met people from here who are from South Africa and all different places. It was just strange at the time being on the Korn board.

If anyone quotes me, good luck. I've been out with my mates drinking tonight and have no way of remembering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back