Your Dream Gym

G

Gavin LeFever

First off, mine would be shoulder-to-shoulder full of supermodel fitness girls.

Beyond that, it would look like a CrossFit without the CrossFitters in it.

Oly weights, bumpers, platforms, squat racks.. so many squat racks.

Chalk.

Climbing ropes, gymnastic rings.

Sledges, tires, sandbags, KBs, med balls up to 40 lbs, DBs up to 200+..

Heavy bags, DE, etc..

Cage and open wrestling mats.

Aggressive rock with a really strong base.

A bunch of fighters training, a bunch thick, pot-belly PLers deadlifting the world with blood shooting out of there eyes.

Some Scandinavian guy loading Atlas stones.

Some ridiculously flexible, college-age girl teaching other ridiculously flexible, college-age girls yoga in a room off to the side, but with many windows.

HS football kids yacking outside after running a prowler up and down the parking lot. People pushing a pulling cars.

My dog, fully grown, pulling a sled like the fightdogs on youtube.

Just for some ideas.

Thoughts?

Fuck, lets make this happen..

what... no atlas stones, yokes, conan's wheel, logs, fingal fingers, thickbars, or grip equipment? What the fuck?!

Squat cages
Several thousand pounds of weight
Oly setup with bumpers, and me knowing how to do oly
Chalk
Log, farmers, stones, tires, sled

what... no atlas stones, yokes, conan's wheel, logs, fingal fingers, thickbars, or grip equipment? What the fuck?!

It's a dynamic list.

You're supposed to add to it.

..And I had Atlas stones.

Oh yeah, I just lost interest after reading about the scandanavian dudes... I thought, you were going the turkish bath route....

a turkish oil wrestling arena would satisfy all my needs.

Mine would be in this giant warehouse and the gym takes up the whole building with all the various goodies youd want. The highlight would be:

On one side of the building there is a ridiculously steep incline hill to do hill sprints and it breaks off in 200m intervals so you can do 200, 400, 600, 800m hill running at each interval you can step off to the side and go down the SLIDE which returns you to the starting position and is uber fun.

The slide will be rainbow colored and infact it might even be a log flume or water rapids. You gotta think big.

Also, I would make sure there is somewhere for me to live in my dream gym so that I can just wake up and train.

Minus the crouching dude, this would be the free weight section.

Establishing-Correct-Foot-Position.jpg

Open 24 hours, 365 days a year

A shitload of parking

Several highly knowledgable Oly/PL/Strongman coaches available for free advice/spotting around the clock, to anybody who asks

An adjoining boxing/kickboxing/grappling/MMA training area with a shitload of heavy bags and mats and several full-sized rings/octagons

All music chosen by me

Huge sign that says "work your ass off or leave"

Three strikes and you're out policy re: not putting equipment away, not wiping up sweat, using equipment for stupid purposes, claiming equipment and not using it, or generally being a dick.

Grunting, dropping stuff, chewing gum allowed

Cool T-shirts

add pool and track, and perpetual good weather to hit the track.

I've read Mark Cuban has one of the sweetest gyms out there exclusivly for the Mav's with high security whatnot. I'd like to look around in there, probably things in there that would be cool/fun/good that we may not think of.

and on that note i just got a mental picture of Fedor working out with the Mav's preparing for a fight in the US. Looks funny in my minds' eye.

Open 24 hours, 365 days a year

A shitload of parking

All music chosen by me

Grunting, dropping stuff, chewing gum allowed

i wish i thought of the first 3 ideas, good call

no gum chewing? huh?

An ashen, burned hillside of various inclines.

Boulders of various sizes and shapes.

Logs of various shapes and sizes.

Weapon racks with every implement of death a person could use from battleaxes and katana's to M16's and crossbows.

Row after row of conquored slaves to train with and fight, to the death.

Fires with roasting pigs and cows, bloody chunks of which are served by fake titted, athletic women...

My dream gym would have an endless variety of plates and bars....a big shiny fuck-off welder in the corner and all the .060 ****l tubing I needed to build whatever implements I desired.

And a stereo that refused to play shit I hated.

Old school steam room next to a pool barely above freezing.

a huge jumbotron with free ppv where i can watch new fights and watch old fights to learn from

A women's volleyball arena. And Masseuses. Tiny little asian girls with a firm grip. I think a bar that serves guiness and whiskey and scotch would be a nice addition, next to the pig roast.

Back