Your best advice ever received?

Not advice given to me by a friend or family member, but accidentally stumbling upon Dave Ramsay videos late one night completely changed my approach to personal finance. I don't really watch him much anymore, but it made me interested in budgeting, paying off debt, and saving. I spent most of my twenties living paycheck to paycheck so it was sort of an eye-opener when I sat down and figured out how much money I was wasting on junk (mainly booze and take-out/delivery) each month.

Your best advice ever received?

“May your life be filled with passion and also may your days be filled with wonder and happiness. May you do great things with your life and may you have a wonderful, exuberant, brilliant career.” Robert Reich

U.S. Army Ranger school:
"Fair is for the weak, learn to control your inner bitch. -- Circumstances in your life will never be perfect, and you will never get the 'fair' evaluation you think you deserve, so figure out how to overcome limitations and perform against all odds."

I just think this is a funny joke/advice

Q. What do you call a woman who likes bad boys?

A. A single mom

Don't wait until you're ready to have kids- you never will be and if you wait too long you might miss out.

Always be suspicious of others

This has worked very well for me, for one example I was able to fuck over 3 other colleagues in order to gain a better position in my job.

That was around 7 years ago and said 3 people have been my subordinates with a substantially lower pay then me.

"Save your money and you can retire like me one day Danny". -My Grandpa

Best advice ever. Most people don't have this discipline though and don't understand how you can make more money and buy better things, let alone retire earlier.

“Don’t waste time arguing with idiots.”

A little cantrip a physical rehab therapist told me. When you're devastated by something, say to yourself, "I have to get over this sometime, may as well start now."

If you plan on getting over it, in other words, get over it and move on. Dwelling on some shit is the beginning of how it stays around bothering you for years

Why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free?

j-lee-mallrats-2-blogjpg-f1f38e_1280w.jpg

My 2 favorites:

"Live well, it is the greatest revenge." I was ironically taught this one from the dying screen of Call of Duty modern Warfare.

"Never take the first no!" I always feel the need to clarify this one. This refers to things like fighting beauracracy or working to get something you reeeaally want. Sometimes a "no" means no, sometimes a prick of an employee can help you but wants to give you a hard time. Sometimes there are other avenues to obtaining what you want, you just have to try... most people give up too easily.

Back