YOUNG Ali vs Young Prime Tyson

Aerosol

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Was watching the mayweather YouTube asking different fighters about fantasy matchups
Noticed almost everyone saw young prime Mike Tyson as untouchable and his speed gave him the edge (besides his power and technique).

I know my fair share about boxing but I’m no expert by any means

I want to know what you guys think about a young Ali vs young prime Tyson

For me Ali’s prime was at the Foreman fight but I’m a romantic

I’ve heard many guys who for sure know more than me say Ali’s prime was when he was young around the Liston fight because he was more agile and fast.

Great match up... This has never been discussed before!

Great match up... This has never been discussed before!
I’m sure Ali vs Tyson has been discussed thousands of times
But this specific young faster Ali I’m not so sure

They were both amazing. I really have no way of knowing.

It'd have to be like 20 year old Tyson vs 24 year old Ali

Idk who'd win but imo those are The ages....guess I'd lean towards Ali just because of style bias

I go back and forth. Part of me thinks Tyson based off Ali vs Cooper but another part of me thinks Ali's mind games and durability survives Tyson and overcomes him.

I think Tyson would probably be too much for a young Ali to deal with--stylistically he's just a really tough matchup for Ali.

Older, wiser Ali would take Tyson to deep waters and drown him.

I love Mike. But Ali was always made of sterner stuff mentally & emotionally. Of course, Mike would be dangerous early but
he would fall behind as a result of Ali's jab & movement. Then begin to doubt himself as Ali would get bolder, begin to taunt Tyson & Mike would fall apart. Getting stopped in about nine or ten rounds.

IMG_20170930_180116.jpg
IMG_20170926_135544 (1).jpg
IMG_20170926_135559.jpg

I like this

So Foreman Ali not young Ali would be considered Ali’s prime
Interesting
Or romanticism?

I like this

So Foreman Ali not young Ali would be considered Ali’s prime
Interesting
Or romanticism?

I think the young Ali is the same version that fought Foreman, it’s just that the younger version didn’t need to go to the trenches because his body hadn’t deteriorated.

If people are going to bring up Henry Cooper, then it’s only fair they also bring up James Tillis.

Tyson loses a decision.

I think the young Ali is the same version that fought Foreman, it’s just that the younger version didn’t need to go to the trenches because his body hadn’t deteriorated.

If people are going to bring up Henry Cooper, then it’s only fair they also bring up James Tillis.

Tyson loses a decision.

How can it be the same version of Ali if he had deteriorated and had to resort to go to the trenches?

Please elaborate on the Cooper Tillis situation
Thanks

I love Mike. But Ali was always made of sterner stuff mentally & emotionally. Of course, Mike would be dangerous early but
he would fall behind as a result of Ali's jab & movement. Then begin to doubt himself as Ali would get bolder, begin to taunt Tyson & Mike would fall apart. Getting stopped in about nine or ten rounds.

View attachment 704805
View attachment 704807
View attachment 704809

This. Mike has a slight chance to take him out early but Ali would never underestimate him, and he has what it takes to wear him down.

Ali prime exactly in 60 ies, not 70 ies....

Ali from 60 ies
was too fast even for modern CW division, not to talk about HW.
215 lbs Ali from Liston match was not slower than modern just 165 lbs top boxer.
Plus Ali had better reach than Mike.

Dangerous matchup for prime Mike….
Before Mike managed to close distance, that worked with a glance for 1986-1989 Mike with opponents that ALL ….were considerably less mobile than prime Ali from 60 ies....
This Ali from 60 ies most likely managed not only jab him but land also bomb each time when Mike attempted to play his prime game.
Ali , most likely via TKO.

Ali from 1975.... Don't know. Most likely prime Mike from 1986-1989.

I don’t see Tyson stopping Ali, who wears Mike down over 12 or 15 and stops him late.

Ali from 60 ies ..>>> Mike from 1987-1988-1989 didn't had any considerable chances against him.
Ali from 1975 versus…>>> Mike from 1987-1988-1989 ….this Mike ….
Ali from 1975 versus Mike from 1990 ….. God knows….

Back