YOUNG Ali vs Young Prime Tyson

Ali should have been retroactively suspended for cheating in that one. Cooper got robbed.

that was all Angelo. Ali was counting tweety birds circling his head.

I think in all of boxing History the 2 most debated topics ever are Ali vs. Tyson and Lewis vs. Klitschko 2.
In history? Definitely Ali-Tyson.
Lewis-Klitschko 2? No. Its up there but I dont think its the 2nd biggest fantasy match ever

He was up by four and i think the extra time has been exagerrated. Frazier couldnt kayo him in spite of landing plenty of shots after the knockdown. Ali won the last minute of that round.
I was exaggerating for comedic effect but in reality, even Dundee said Ali needed saving there.

In history? Definitely Ali-Tyson.
Lewis-Klitschko 2? No. Its up there but I dont think its the 2nd biggest fantasy match ever

I don’t think it’s the biggest. But it’s the most talked about. I see arguments between Lewis and Klitschko all the time. I wanna say almost daily. It’s an endless argument. What would’ve happened if the fights would’ve kept going? What would’ve happened if there was a rematch? I see these 2 questions asked probably more than any other question besides the Ali/Tyson one

Why not?
Prime Klitschko was far more dangerous than Ali from 1974 and later.

Yes, Ali from 60 ies and Mike from 1987-1989 were fastest HW pro boxers….

Question to all:

If you could create a card of 10 fantasy boxing fights, would this fight even be in there? I know it wouldn't be included in mine... For some reason Ali vs. Tyson doesn't give me chills.

George Foreman vs. Mike Tyson would probably be in there, possibly even Frazier vs. Tyson.

I'd put Ali against Vitali Klitschko or Lennox Lewis.

Ali from 1975 vs prime Klitschko?
Ali will not last even 8 rounds.
Sorry fans.

Ali from 1975 vs prime Klitschko?
Ali will not last even 8 rounds.
Sorry fans.

2004 Vitali Klitschko most likely beats 1975 Ali, I agree... But inside of 8? I don't know about that... Ali was savvy, had a world class chin and was tough as nails.
Boxers who were much lesser than Ali went the distance with both Klitschkos.

Ali's jab would always keep him out of trouble in the center of the ring. When he goes to the ropes, that's where he'd lose the rounds.

With 1966-1967 Ali its a different story. I think that Ali beats both Klitschkos.

Ali dominates the late rounds and wins by tko

Question to all:

If you could create a card of 10 fantasy boxing fights, would this fight even be in there? I know it wouldn't be included in mine... For some reason Ali vs. Tyson doesn't give me chills.

George Foreman vs. Mike Tyson would probably be in there, possibly even Frazier vs. Tyson.

I'd put Ali against Vitali Klitschko or Lennox Lewis.
Which version of Foreman? 70s foreman or comeback Foreman?

I always thought comeback Foreman would have got seriously hurt against Tyson close to his prime. Just look at their respective fights with Alex Stewart. Foreman got smacked around pretty good in that one. Tyson rolled over him.

Which version of Foreman? 70s foreman or comeback Foreman?

I always thought comeback Foreman would have got seriously hurt against Tyson close to his prime. Just look at their respective fights with Alex Stewart. Foreman got smacked around pretty good in that one. Tyson rolled over him.

1974 Foreman vs 1988 Tyson... I was talking about this one. It would be a scrap for the ages, we all would rewatch it over and over again decades after it happened... I think Tyson vs. Vitali would epic too, Foreman vs. Vitali too... But Ali vs Tyson is not that thrilling to me - if its a Ali victory, I can pretty much envision the entire fight.

Comeback George was an interesting type of fighter. But you're probably right about him fighting Tyson... Second tier contenders like Pierre Coetzer landed clean on him and doctors were genuinely concerned about his health. Michael Moorer was smacking him around before the KO.

Regarding the best version of each fighter... I’d give Ali a slight edge in a series. It’s a winnable fight for Tyson and not one sided as people suggest.
Tyson’s issues and losses almost always were caused by an inability to maintain pace and his lack of top level conditioning. Nobody stops an in shape Tyson. Its his fault for partying, smoking weed and drinking too much, but he was out of gas in the Douglas fight. You could see it even in his later losses, he could go hard for 2, maybe 3 rounds and then he was done. Probably loaded up on coke, smoking weed every day and hardly conditioning.
That said, even at his best he did allow himself to get tied up too much, and with Ali’s chin, I could see Ali surviving some tough moments and winning a decision.
That is all in regards to a 12 round fight, Ali gets favored by a large margin if we are talking 15 rounds.

Last edited:
Back