You'll miss him when he's gone

Ali started all that trash talking and trying to stir up drama to sell tix. Everyone else is a copycat. Just go out and fight. Let the fans decide

You know Colby is known for his social media game...
Marty has 3 times as many followers..
Trust me people would care with out Colby.
It happens all the time where people hate a fighter so they become "fans" of the guy he's against. Once Colby disappears and Usman drops the title, his memory will slowly fade away into an oft overlooked footnote of the ww division.

Colby is a class A Asshole. No question. He's the guy you want to see get beat up. The classic heel.

Not really. He wants people to think that way but people just see him as a try hard

i can promise you i will not miss him if he disappeared today.

Yeah we'll miss the asshole who sold his soul to appeal the the worst part of American society - called everyone crybabies, snowflakes, etc. And in the end was too damn cowardly to stick around and at least show he has some nuts. Instead ran away to his phone to bitch like a proper snowflake on twitter.

Nah. He's a pretty good fighter, but his gimmicks aren't remotely funny. I miss Chael tough.

Colby is a class A Asshole. No question. He's the guy you want to see get beat up. The classic heel.

But on the other side you have Kamaru Usman. A generic personality that you've seen in this sport for the past 15 years since UFC became mainstream.
"I do this to put food on my familys table"
"I try to give back to the community"
"Wrestling is what kept me off the street"
"I try to be an inspiration to the kids"

Yeahyeah that's good and all but its fucking tiresome. I've been watching this sport way too long now and I've learned to appreciate these Covingtons of the world.

Nothing tiresome about any of the things you listed. Nothing generic either. Usman seems like a solid guy.

not really. I miss Chael, a real heel with wit and a genuinely funny personality. Colby is too much of a try hard and 1/4 of the fighter Chael is.

youre not wrong i tuned in to see colby get wrecked.....however i will now never bother watching colby again and im sure he'll disappear into nothing.....usman as well....thats kind of the point people are making, there was no investment in this fight other than seeing colby get his comeuppance regardless of who gave it to him and now everyone is right back to not giving a shit......as opposed to way back when when fights mattered and werent just setting up the money fight

Nah. He's a pretty good fighter, but his gimmicks aren't remotely funny. I miss Chael tough.
I never liked Chael but could see why he had fans. He's good on the mic for sure, these days I really like hearing the guy during broadcasts he's got a good personality for it. Colby isn't qualified to do any of that .

He's not special. He's a less witty and funny Chael Sonnen. We've seen this act before.

When I read "You'll" I thought you meant Romero.
Fuck, I will miss Romero.

Luckily he still has some 5 prime years.

But on the other side you have Kamaru Usman. A generic personality that you've seen in this sport for the past 15 years since UFC became mainstream.
"I do this to put food on my familys table"
"I try to give back to the community"
"Wrestling is what kept me off the street"
"I try to be an inspiration to the kids"

Yeahyeah that's good and all but its fucking tiresome. I've been watching this sport way too long now and I've learned to appreciate these Covingtons of the world.
Plenty of people won't miss Cuckington. Hahahaha.

Hes a failed Chael Sonnen, nothing else. The world knew Sonnen was an act, but his personality was fun to follow and anyone who didnt like it simply gave him a pass. Colby, on the other hand, has just been plain terrible -a complete tryhard as he isnt witty at all

I think the people would rather see him give up the stupid failed act

Oh look, another WWE cross-over fan.

Whatever, I just don't want to hear guys on here saying "nobody cares about Colby and his stupid gimmick" after this. All day Sherdog has been dominated by Colby threads. It's like nothing else happened on that card but the main event. That's due to the heat Colby has generated with his polarizing character. I hope Colby comes back strong but I especially hope Usman can capitalize on this win.

Back