You'll miss him when he's gone

You know Colby is known for his social media game...
Marty has 3 times as many followers..
Trust me people would care with out Colby.
This is the most ironic thing about all this. Cobby does his outrageous, offensive bullshit to garner interest, but he goes so far that its actually a turn off for most people. He's put in all this "work" and has less of a following than many mma fighters.

If he'd just kept his head down and on the grind, like Usman did, he'd probably be more popular. Hell, even if he'd gone heel but toned it down a little, or kept it funny like Chael did, or pre-Khabib Conor did, then he'd probably be fine.

But no, he went with the nuclear option "BRAZIL YOU'RE A DUMP AND YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF FILTHY ANIMALS!"... I mean, that's not funny or clever or entertaining. It's just... Gross. Then he started tweeting spoilers to major blockbusters, which is a genius move if you're actively trying to lose followers.

He basically went full retard cringe heel and everyone just collectively said "Ew... No thanks."

If he was genuine, I'd be a big fan. I really like watching him fight. But I HATE listening to him talk.

This is the most ironic thing about all this. Cobby does his outrageous, offensive bullshit to garnet interest, but he goes so far that its actually a turn off for most people.

If he'd just kept his head down and on the grind, like Usman did, he'd probably be more popular. Hell, even if he's gone he'll but toned it down a little.

But no, he basically went full retard cringe heel and everyone just collectively said "Ew... No thanks."

If he was genuine, I'd be a big fan. I really like watching him fight. But I HATE listening to him talk.

f he fought like he did last night in every fight he would never had to create a persona to gain interest.

f he fought like he did last night in every fight he would never had to create a persona to gain interest.
Exactly. Which he does, these days.

His performance against Lawler was INSANE... But nobody really remembers it because he immediately erased any good will by making a super gross comment about Matt Hughes getting run over by a train in his post fight speech.

I specifically remember being super impressed, then he said that shit and I immediately went...

<LikeReally5><{walkerwhut}><bball1><{clintugh}>

WWE seems more adapted to your tastes, casual.

Exactly. Which he does, these days.

His performance against Lawler was INSANE... But nobody really remembers it because he immediately erased any good will by making a super gross comment about Matt Hughes getting run over by a train in his post fight speech.

I specifically remember being super impressed, then he said that shit and I immediately went...

<LikeReally5><{walkerwhut}><bball1><{clintugh}>

I dont think its a persona. I think its him.
Any real good dude would never say the things he said.
Integrity and all

I dont think its a persona. I think its him.
Any real good dude would never say the things he said.
Integrity and all
Yeah, even if this exact personality isn't him, the fact that he so easily goes there says a lot.

That's something I can't stand, it's when people say "it's just an act, he's just doing it for money!" as if it makes it any better. When in many ways it makes it worse.

Oh, so you don't believe any of this? You're just selling out your morals and integrity for fame and fortune?... Then you're still trash.

It's obviously one thing if you're an actor (or pro wrestler for that matter) being specifically paid to play a villain in a scripted story, with everyone else willingly taking part. It's a whole other thing when you're just out there denigrating entire nations (Brazil), making fun of horrific personal tragedies (Hughes), and disrespecting dead people (Glen Robinson) with no form of consent from anyone else involved. No one else in those equations agreed to any of this, which means he's not really playing a character.

He's just being an asshole.

Yeah, even if this exact personality isn't him, the fact that he so easily goes there says a lot.

That's something I can't stand, it's when people say "it's just an act, he's just doing it for money!" as if it makes it any better. When in many ways it makes it worse.

Oh, so you don't believe any of this? You're just selling out your morals and integrity for fame and fortune?... Then you're still trash.

It's obviously one thing if you're an actor (or pro wrestler for that matter) being specifically paid to play a villain in a scripted story, with everyone else willingly taking part. It's a whole other thing when you're just out there denigrating entire nations (Brazil), making fun of horrific personal tragedies (Hughes), and disrespecting dead people (Glen Robinson) with no form of consent from anyone else involved. No one else in those equations agreed to any of this, which means he's not really playing a character.

He's just being an asshole.

+juan and so forth.
I can not agree more.

I don't buy into or enjoy Colby's schtick. But I ain't buying your BS either about what we should focus on. Get over yourself.
If what you enjoy is throwing or witnessing unending tantrums over socio-political dogshit instead of fight analysis/status, you and I have a different understanding of the word “enjoy.”

So much salt and tears from you Cannington fanbois, it's amazing.

Usman is a class act, even gave Colby credit for being tough post fight, despite tooling him and brutalizing him for 5 rounds.

And how does Colby react? By being a whiney little butt hurt tool.

Will you give credit to Usman for what he did last night? No you won't, because for whatever your own personal biases and prejudices are, you didnt like Usman from the beginning. Trust me, you're not fooling anyone with you hiding your bias behind calling Usman's personality generic.
I dont even like Colby? All I said was that guys like him makes it more fun to watch. Imagine if the sport was only filled with Ricardo Lamas.

Colby is a class A Asshole. No question. He's the guy you want to see get beat up. The classic heel.

But on the other side you have Kamaru Usman. A generic personality that you've seen in this sport for the past 15 years since UFC became mainstream.
"I do this to put food on my familys table"
"I try to give back to the community"
"Wrestling is what kept me off the street"
"I try to be an inspiration to the kids"

Yeahyeah that's good and all but its fucking tiresome. I've been watching this sport way too long now and I've learned to appreciate these Covingtons of the world.

Naw fuck em..cry harder

Top MMA fighters fight once or twice a year so if they're gone you barely notice it.

Colby is a class A Asshole. No question. He's the guy you want to see get beat up. The classic heel.

But on the other side you have Kamaru Usman. A generic personality that you've seen in this sport for the past 15 years since UFC became mainstream.

Yeahyeah that's good and all but its fucking tiresome. I've been watching this sport way too long now and I've learned to appreciate these Covingtons of the world.

“But but Khabob is so humble .... zeee is the best cuz so humbleeeeeee”

Let's be honest though. Without Colby nobody would give a crap about Usman.

They still don't. 99% of threads since last night have been about Covington. Either to shit on him or talk about a newfound respect. No real "congrats Kamaru" or "Usman looked awesome" threads. He's only ever mentioned as a way to shit on Colby.

Covington did his job perfectly, he went from being just another name on the roster to rustling everyone's jimmies to the point where everyone tunes in to see him lose.

Kamaru is a fantastic, elite fighter, but his style is boring, his personality is boring, he has no appeal to anyone outside of the Wakanda forever crowd. People don't particularly like him, and they don't dislike him enough to get invested in his career, it's just apathy.

I agree for the most part, the sport apparently needs people with a gift for hyping fights like his, but a lot of his schtick was distasteful on political grounds and that wasn't needed - at all. Conor talks all manner of shit, some of it distasteful as well, but nothing near as distasteful as Colby's stuff with Trump, there's just no need for political shit in the game - do you see ANYONE else doing anything like it? Literally not one person. Why? Because there's a fuckton of topics you can use for hyping your fights that do not include politics.

Last edited:
I agree for the most part, the sport apparently needs people with a gift for hyping fights like his, but amlot of his schtick was distasteful on political grounds and that wasn't needed - at all. Conor talks all manner of shit, some of it distasteful as well, but nothing near as distasteful as Colby's stuff with Trump, there's just no need for political shit in the game - do you see ANYONE else doing anything like it? Literally not one person. Why? Because there's a fuckton of topics you can use for hyping your fights that do not include politics.

It is super easy for a nobody like colby to create a large following by simply becoming what basically amounts to a right wing grifter.

Wear a MAGA hat, use terms like soyboy and fakenews, though in sone pseudo racist comments... You have a recipe for success.
Prepare yourself for many more copycats racing to the bottom in 2020 and beyond.

Speak for yourself boyo. Last time I saw him he was running away and I already don't miss him.

He does everything he can to make the world a little worse and he got his jaw broke for it. You couldn't have scripted a better end. Buh bye.

It's combat sports not a stage performance bro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back