You'll miss him when he's gone

Let's be honest though. Without Colby nobody would give a crap about Usman.

You know Colby is known for his social media game...
Marty has 3 times as many followers..
Trust me people would care with out Colby.

Lol imagine missing Colby Covington...

We don't need to do anything but enjoy what we enjoy.
Colby is a WW contender in my favorite sport. His public antics mean nothing to me, his cage performances (as with any fighter) do. When he’s not around another WW will step into his space.

It’s time for MMA fans to wise up and to leave the fan view of focusing on individual fighters...

Mature fans of the more established sports enjoy witnessing and analyzing boxing events or games or series that DON’T involve their favorites. They don’t generally get lost in the off-field antics. MMA fans really need to evolve and leave the NASCAR “my favorite driver only” horseshit in the rear view mirror.

We don't need to do anything but enjoy what we enjoy.
If what you enjoy is throwing or witnessing unending tantrums over socio-political dogshit instead of fight analysis/status, you and I have a different understanding of the word “enjoy.”

Colby is a class A Asshole. No question. He's the guy you want to see get beat up. The classic heel.

But on the other side you have Kamaru Usman. A generic personality that you've seen in this sport for the past 15 years since UFC became mainstream.
"I do this to put food on my familys table"
"I try to give back to the community"
"Wrestling is what kept me off the street"
"I try to be an inspiration to the kids"

Yeahyeah that's good and all but its fucking tiresome. I've been watching this sport way too long now and I've learned to appreciate these Covingtons of the world.

So much salt and tears from you Cannington fanbois, it's amazing.

Usman is a class act, even gave Colby credit for being tough post fight, despite tooling him and brutalizing him for 5 rounds.

And how does Colby react? By being a whiney little butt hurt tool.

Will you give credit to Usman for what he did last night? No you won't, because for whatever your own personal biases and prejudices are, you didnt like Usman from the beginning. Trust me, you're not fooling anyone with you hiding your bias behind calling Usman's personality generic.

Colby is a class A Asshole. No question. He's the guy you want to see get beat up. The classic heel.

But on the other side you have Kamaru Usman. A generic personality that you've seen in this sport for the past 15 years since UFC became mainstream.

Yeahyeah that's good and all but its fucking tiresome. I've been watching this sport way too long now and I've learned to appreciate these Covingtons of the world.
Meh don’t act like Colby is unique. His act is old as fuck. WWE had this archetypal anti hero character down decades ago.

w.png

i didn't miss jared roshalt and i ain't gonna miss colby covington

The thing is there's nothing to miss about Colby because he's not retiring that we know of. Plus his schtick isn't really interesting. As somebody who actively roots against Frankie Edgar I don't need somebody to play a fake heel just so I can root for then to get beat up.

I don’t miss Conor.. so I sure as hell won’t miss Colby.

Aside from this fight, he isn't exciting.

It's like saying people will miss John Fitch. The worst part is the 12 fans he has on Sherdog eating up his awful schtick.

Good riddance

Watch some of his post fight interviews, like the Moraes one "Anyone in this division who say you want this, You know you Don't, cause I'm a PROBLEM in this division!"

He was right by the way!

Couldn't give two shits whether he fights again or not

I honestly couldn't care If he lives or dies, as the guy means nothing to me

It’s better to be generic than disingenuous.

Couldn't give two shits whether he fights again or not

I honestly couldn't care If he lives or dies, as the guy means nothing to me

but think of all the insta thots that needs to be paid! Why wont you people think of the insta thots!?!?!

I miss the days when we gave zero shits about a fighter's personality and only cared about their performance.

you should go find a new sport to watch maybe even watch the WWE if you "appreciate" anything about Colby other then his fighting ability. MMA doesn't need fighters that act the way guys like Conor, the Diaz bros, or Colby do.

You and very few others. As only the maga Weenies will give you a like.

Back