You know Garcia is watching this fight with a huge boner right now

What do you mean? Salido inside gamed the fuck outta Loma as a shopworn vet on his last leg, and Mikey tooled the same guy all the way to the end. I don't care about boxing math, but acting like Loma just came in and took out some guy Mikey ducked lol. Mikey has ALOT more tools than Linares. He'd never lose to the calibre of Salido or Demarco. That's not math. Some fighter's show more in the professional ranks than some who showed more in the ammies. Nothing new
That was a joke of a fight, a joke of a ref, and joke of an outcome.

Its legitimately not even worth discussing unless you think Mikey’s plan is to use Loma’s ballsack as a speed bag.

Btw, boxing and MMA sites are on Loma's nuts - Bloody Elbow had it as a run away for Loma outside of the knockdown in the 6th.

However, 2 of the 3 judges had Linares winning going into the 10th, and most neutral press sites at it even. People are trying to make it sound like Loma is the second coming of Jesus, but in reality, he had a competitive fight with Linares.

I like Loma - I think he is probably the most talented fighter under 130lbs. But he isn't unbeatable (as evidenced by an actual loss on his record - although Salido in your 2nd fight is probably an uphill task for anyone)

Its legitimately not even worth discussing unless you think Mikey’s plan is to use Loma’s ballsack as a speed bag.
No, I believe Mikey will walk Loma into power he can't handle. Scorecards can look very lopsided after 2-3 kds on one guy. Name all the fighters Mikey hasn't at least knocked down.

Also, there's been plenty of high level Olympians who fizzled in pros. Some looked as sharp as Loma. This isn't the first time we've seen this guy. He looked plenty human vs a guy TONY DEMARCO stopped, and why should I let up? Fans SHIT on little Rigo and called his skill into question 2 weight classes up, but Loma fights a titlist where he should be fighting, and honestly wasnt ahead and took a KD leading to this outcome. Nothing wrong with picking Mikey to win here, cept that it might rustle a motherfucker here or there.

Really? He got dropped but he recovered very nicely.

If anything, this fight reinforced my opinion that Loma would stop Garcia late. Because as good as Linares fought, and this was his best performance ever, he had nothing left in that 10th round and you could see it. He unloaded his clip and he was ready to go. Even if he got up, Lomachenko would eventually end up stopping him.

He fought bravely for 9 rounds. I imagine Mikey would do the same, but he had absolutely nothing left to offer. As I told people, the pace Lomachenko sets will eventually get to a fighter. He can fight strong for a good 8 rounds, but eventually that pace catches up and it's game over.

Also, if it was a joke, he coulda backed out. Instead he lost.

Calm down, mickey mouse gacia would actually have to accept and perform in a top level fight and thats a battle he seems to wish to avoid

If anything, this fight reinforced my opinion that Loma would stop Garcia late. Because as good as Linares fought, and this was his best performance ever, he had nothing left in that 10th round and you could see it. He unloaded his clip and he was ready to go. Even if he got up, Lomachenko would eventually end up stopping him.

He fought bravely for 9 rounds. I imagine Mikey would do the same, but he had absolutely nothing left to offer. As I told people, the pace Lomachenko sets will eventually get to a fighter. He can fight strong for a good 8 rounds, but eventually that pace catches up and it's game over.

Linares no got Mikey's power, and half the ability to catch opponet off guard with it. Loma will NOT look like Loma against Mikey. He might win, he can even be the favorite, won't bother me, but kick Mikey's ass? No. He's scraping by with career best accomplishment at best.

People forget that Loma would give Garcia much more respect than he didn’t Linares.
He got knocked down once but it won’t happen again. He’s Hi-Tech yo. Already learned from the experience

Loma has LOST a fight and been KD now in a fight he stopped that was even on the cards vs a 2nd ringer in a division his power aint shit in. Mikey can fuck him up, stop acting like it's some easy fight.

I wouldn't be very confident in Lomachenko stopping Garcia. Linares has a history of poor durability and poor stamina, whereas Garcia has never gassed and has held up well to punchers at 40. Lomachenko should definitely be the favorite, but the success that Linares had with his counter right hand should be alarming. Garcia has an excellent right hand and a lot more power than Linares.

No, I believe Mikey will walk Loma into power he can't handle. Scorecards can look very lopsided after 2-3 kds on one guy. Name all the fighters Mikey hasn't at least knocked down.

Also, there's been plenty of high level Olympians who fizzled in pros. Some looked as sharp as Loma. This isn't the first time we've seen this guy. He looked plenty human vs a guy TONY DEMARCO stopped, and why should I let up? Fans SHIT on little Rigo and called his skill into question 2 weight classes up, but Loma fights a titlist where he should be fighting, and honestly wasnt ahead and took a KD leading to this outcome. Nothing wrong with picking Mikey to win here, cept that it might rustle a motherfucker here or there.
You dont think Loma has already surpassed “fizzle”? You have some lofty standards then.

I dont have an issue with anyone picking Mikey.

Also, if it was a joke, he coulda backed out. Instead he lost.
If you honestly believe anything youre saying about that bullshit fight then with all due respect your opinion is worthless to me.

That shit was an absolute disgrace. Loma not being a pussy doesnt change that.

Loma has LOST a fight and been KD now in a fight he stopped that was even on the cards vs a 2nd ringer in a division his power aint shit in. Mikey can fuck him up, stop acting like it's some easy fight.
those are some strong arguments right there!

mikey is better because he's never lost, despite avoiding the biggest available challenges. mikey would win because lomachenko has now been knocked down, despite mikey being down himself before. mikey would win because the fight was even on the scorecards, despite the fact that those scorecards were a fucking joke. there is absolutely no case to make for linares to be ahead at the time of the stoppage.

i like garcia vs lomachenko, i think they're both awesome. i honestly think mikey is a special talent, and only a great fighter can win that fight. but what you're saying is complete fucking horseshit.

You guys make horseshit arguments writing off Mikey like he ain't shit, and it's an easy win for Loma. It's a close and dangerous fight for Loma. "Mikeys slow and Lomas fast" great breakdown.

You guys make horseshit arguments writing off Mikey like he ain't shit, and it's an easy win for Loma. It's a close and dangerous fight for Loma. "Mikeys slow and Lomas fast" great breakdown.
Mikey not fighting anyone makes it a lot easier.

Linares no got Mikey's power, and half the ability to catch opponet off guard with it. Loma will NOT look like Loma against Mikey. He might win, he can even be the favorite, won't bother me, but kick Mikey's ass? No. He's scraping by with career best accomplishment at best.
Yep, hard to see Lomachenko overwhelming Mikey enough that he could stop him at any point. Mikey's tougher than Linares and physically stronger, and doesn't fade as much as Linares. Linares is classy but Mikey's the much more dangerous fight for Lomachenko.

And thats why im rooting for Matthysse, so we get a better chance to see Loma vs Garcia, if Paquiao wins (and I think he does) we get Pacquiao vs Loma late this year.

The idea that Mikey hasn't fought anyone worth a damn recently is a little ridiculous. In his last three fights he has faced Zlaticanin (#2 at LW at the time), Broner (for all his flaws, still a top JWW who just arguably beat a top 10 WW), and Lipinets (#2 at JWW). These aren't earth-shattering wins, but he's hardly been fighting some unknown bums off the street.

Back