You guys ever eat a carolina reaper or any of those super hot peppers?

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just saw this video. There's plenty of them on Youtube. It looks awful. I can't handle spice. How did you do?

I put a Carolina pepper under my ballsack once. Let's just say, I had a hot potato.
giphy.gif

I actually prefer the flavor of the reaper over jalapeno,ghost,habanero or any other pepper I've had. I've always just liked spicy food

I just saw this video. There's plenty of them on Youtube. It looks awful. I can't handle spice. How did you do?

Yes , had a reaper it was fucking Horrible , didn't puke , and because I know better drank a few glasses of milk to quell the fire , which made my stomach a bit Rumbly. It sucks and it lives up to the hype.

I like spicy food but I never understood the fascination with eating shit just because it's painfully hot. I like jalapeño, habaneros, Thai chili but once you start getting to that "Sign this release form, please," territory, I'm out.

sean evans & chili claus bonding over the reaper is the best haha

I think the hottest pepper I've eaten was the habanero. I still eat 1 a week with a meal or make some sort of salsa out of a couple.

don't see the point of going insanely hot. if you're counting the ghost pepper wings from bdubs, then that I guess.

I love spicy food. However, I took a tiny nibble into a ghost chili and literally felt fire in my mouth - I immediately spat it out.

Am always reminded of this video when this topic comes up.

I don't know why anyone would do this.

I've cooked with them. Spicy dishes, of course, but the goal is to get a good flavor out of them instead of just killing yourself.

I've eaten a piece of a reaper, split it with two other people. wrapped it in lettuce to taste it before my mouth went numb. the heat was insane! I love hot things, cook with habaneros semi regularly but the Carolina reaper is in a realm of its own...

I like to make sauce out of ghost peppers, Trinidad scorpions and 7 pot peppers. If I make a sauce with just one type of pepper plus salt and vinegar then I really get the flavor of the pepper, which is really good and surprisingly sweet in some cases, and the sauce will have plenty of heat.

Haven't come across a Reaper yet.

Yes I have, actually. A Carolina Reaper was brutal. I was blown away by how intense it was. I had a big chunk of a Caribbean Red Savina back in high school, and it got me started on dangerous spicy food. Reapers aren't fun, I'd need a small amount to get the flavor without taking all the heat with it.

But I've made some great dishes with my ghost pepper sauce. Made the hottest bbq sauce I've ever had on some wings sometime with a combination of Sweet Baby Ray's with some ghost pepper sauce and a few other bonuses.

I had some chili with pure capsaicin extract. It was too hot for me. I eat a lot of spicy food, but I don't want to eat something that's going to make me uncomfortable. I used to eat hot food for the sake of it being hot, but I do that less as I get older.

Never had a carolina reaper but i use powdered ghost peppers in my chili once a month. Tastes good. Most ppl cant handle it and their stomach feels like they developed an ulcer.
If you have a cold, it will clear your nose.

I ate one of them reapers. It was miserable.

About 4 hours later, it was a lot more miserable, for about 2 hours.

No, but I've had salsa that contained Reapers and Trinidads. Hottest salsa I've ever had and a nice smoky flavor. I didn't get too crazy with it though.

I wouldn't play with those things on their own unless I was being well compensated.

Was hoping for that video of the redneck eating three reapers and chasing it with a fifth of fireball.

Back