• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You gotta be kidding me...Rhadi cut from tuf 12...??

TUF is a reality show first and foremost. they are looking for the mitriones, lebens, kimbos, whoever will pull interest and act like a dumbass on the show to keep ratings strong from week to week. good fights help ratings yes but that is only 10-15 minutes of every show. the other 90% is reality show bullshit that is based on personalities, drama, and being drunk dumbasses. the real aim for TUF is not to find a "next great fighter" and I am not sure that was ever its aim, it is primarily to market to and draw in regular joes that watch reality TV but don't watch UFC yet and to push the UFC brand through a venue other than PPV.

^True true, yet Iron Ring did the same thing a while ago and was considered an out and out embarrassment to the sport. Iron Ring did indeed suck, but TUF's doing the same shit as far as going for a spectacle, and the heavyweights hivemind eats it right up.

i wish they do it like the contender asia, too bad most good mma fighters are not unsigned.

he's a beast in the gi as well as no gi. and kicks like a mule (I've held pads for him)... he's extremely soft spoken and humble so hopefully that doesn't hurt him.

Yeah, the little interaction I've had with him, he seemed pretty reserved. Last season on TUF (the first season I watched since the 1st one) a couple of the guys seemed laid back, so who knows what their criteria is.

I'm a little disgusted just like most of you are.

However, for now UFC is basically the only game in town so we have to eat their shit. Take it or leave it. Hopefully as the sport matures, it'll move away from this corporate machine model (aka the ufc) that is more wwe than mma. It seems like in the business of fighting, you have to dance like a monkey before they throw you a dollar.

Not that I mean to sound ungrateful for what Dana White and the UFC has done for the sport of mixed martial arts. You'd have to be an idiot to think Dana White and Co. have not helped to pave the way as well as shape the sport to the way it is today. MMA in America is a big thing now, and we have to eat the shit they tell us to eat because they run shit over here in the western hemisphere.

Last edited:
Sounds like they thought he was as bad as his cousin is.

TUF is a reality show first and foremost. they are looking for the mitriones, lebens, kimbos, whoever will pull interest and act like a dumbass on the show to keep ratings strong from week to week. good fights help ratings yes but that is only 10-15 minutes of every show. the other 90% is reality show bullshit that is based on personalities, drama, and being drunk dumbasses. the real aim for TUF is not to find a "next great fighter" and I am not sure that was ever its aim, it is primarily to market to and draw in regular joes that watch reality TV but don't watch UFC yet and to push the UFC brand through a venue other than PPV.

Exactly. A lot of people don't make TUF because they don't have a ridiculous personality. Grapplers are also not very big in terms of promotion and if you have both, it's unlikely that you're going to get in there unless you have a cool story.

my buddy used to train at Ralph's in California and a few guys tried out and crushed their opponents at TUF 2 or 3 or something. They had interviews and said dumb shit like "I just want to fight....[long awkward pause]" and didn't make it. Meanwhile some very sub-par fighters got on because they're big talkers and/or strikers

it's a reality show, it's not the only way to make it into the ufc actually if anything its the worst way to make it into the ufc

Isn't Rhadi like 40+ years old? I know he's incredibly athletic and a great judoka but maybe tuf is instituting an age limit like on American idol now.

Well, they shouldn't have let him try in first place, then...

It's really bad that they reward bad talk/attitude and characters rather than talent. Also, I watch MMA (more and more rarely nowadays) because I like to see good action on the ground mixed with strikes... I don't like where we are going now. If they want to convert the ground action in just some ground and pound/back on the feet... then count me out:icon_conf.

^True true, yet Iron Ring did the same thing a while ago and was considered an out and out embarrassment to the sport. Iron Ring did indeed suck, but TUF's doing the same shit as far as going for a spectacle, and the heavyweights hivemind eats it right up.

Although TUF doesn't have rappers "coaching" MMA fighters.

^Absolutely, make no mistake, I'm not excusing Iron Ring at all, that was a real piece of shit(From rappers coaching fighters to that ref wearing a Dashiki or whatever the fuck that is,it was a complete mess), just trying to point out that people give TUF a free pass when it has its own stupidity.

Ugh... just thinking about that piece of shit Iron ring makes my teeth hurt...

Ugh... just thinking about that piece of shit Iron ring makes my teeth hurt...

T.I. : you cant win a fight off your back partner(at some fighter who was working guard).

I was like WHAT!!!!

I'm sure they're looking for entertaining "characters" first, talen second. After all, TUF isn't the only way into the UFC (hell, its better for some people's rep that they skip TUF).

I have faith.

The tryout requirements clearly stated that you needed at LEAST 3 PRO MMA fights on your record. To the best of my knowledge Rhadi had NONE. He should not have even been in contention to go through the tryout in that case.

why is randi trying out for tuff anyway? with his att contacts i am sure he can get fights anywhere.

Back