• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You gotta be kidding me...Rhadi cut from tuf 12...??

Last time someone who was qualified to be in the UFC went on TUF he won and he didn't do any outrageous antics. We can't have that happen again!

Everything about this is surprising..

... Especially the fact that DW didn't know who he was.

on the first episode on this TUF season he called a lateral drop a hip throw:D

he is a buffon

remember Fitch was also cut from TUF, went on and go 8-0 until he ran into GSP

tuf is a reality show first, always has been always will be. Rhandi is a coach in mma. Nothing more, nothing less. He has never fought. Not shocking that danna doesn't know him.

he is a buffon

I know. I always thought he was.

...But I also thought that business wise, he was on top of things. I mean, Rhadi might not have the most controversial personality, but I'm sure the way he would, most likely, have dropped people on their heads left and right wouldn't have hurt the ratings..

... "Kimbo's Judo Olympian cousin slamming annoying pricks on TUF".. Would've been great.

he is a buffon

Hahaha! Thank you! I was trying to tell my GF that, and she was just like, "Yeah." :icon_lol:

That is rediculous. How can Kimbo Slice and War machine get on the TUF and Rhadi doesnt make the cut? WTF?

Obviously they are not looking for talent.

Who starts MMA on the knees?

Like folks said, its a show, and its about TV entertainment, not about who's going to win in MMA. Most likely they decided he (like most folks) isn't going to give them what they want for the personal interactions that make up most of each episode.

Isn't Rhadi like 40+ years old? I know he's incredibly athletic and a great judoka but maybe tuf is instituting an age limit like on American idol now.

well, by the looks of it, they made an exhaustive effort to remove all grapplers, specifically jiu-jitsu guys, in this season. That way it will be nothing but slams and striking and a little ground and pound. No one will have to try to understand a guy working for a submission or trying to pass. Yeh!!!

Maybe this is part of their complete strategy to keep good grapplers out while trying to still look legit. Scout out Rhadi, realize he will run train on these guys on the ground and in the clinch, and then make his grappling test to survive a 2 minute hugfest from the knees--specifically avoiding his clinch game.

I'm not saying it's that way, but I wouldn't be shocked at all to hear of an ad lib filtering process to keep "boring" fighters out.

I actually think you have a point, I heard rumors that they select a lot of striking guys to make the show more watchable to people that don't know any grappling. Which is the majority of the audience.

They should just rename it "Ultimate Shitty Boxing with 4 ounce gloves."

I heard that a guy from my school has made it to the interview phase. He is a blue belt, but I haven't spent much time rolling with him. The one time I went to an early AM class he was doing the instruction. I think he teaches the MMA classes at our school (I am not sure though, since I just do BJJ), so I am guessing he probably does more no-gi than gi. I'm not sure if that matters though. I know very little about BJJ competition outside of my own (limited) training.

he's a beast in the gi as well as no gi. and kicks like a mule (I've held pads for him)... he's extremely soft spoken and humble so hopefully that doesn't hurt him.

rhadi's so exciting. they should let him fight. fucking ufc and it's biased selection system.

it's basically inexcusable for dana to not know who rhadi ferguson is.

what a shame.

ive seen numberous videos of him on youtube because of the grappling forum
and i came to learn who he was
too bad he got scrapped. wouldve been cool to see him in the show
: P

Isn't Rhadi like 40+ years old? I know he's incredibly athletic and a great judoka but maybe tuf is instituting an age limit like on American idol now.

He's not quite that old, but he has a Phd, is very well spoken and intelligent, and a mature influence (ie he's an excellent coach). In short, he's not the kind of person who's going to create the kind of drama they want within the house, and might even dampen it.

Rhadi would have to dumb it down too much for the majority of TUF audience I suppose.

Back