• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You gotta be kidding me...Rhadi cut from tuf 12...??

Everything about this is surprising..

... Especially the fact that DW didn't know who he was.

I heard that a guy from my school has made it to the interview phase. He is a blue belt, but I haven't spent much time rolling with him. The one time I went to an early AM class he was doing the instruction. I think he teaches the MMA classes at our school (I am not sure though, since I just do BJJ), so I am guessing he probably does more no-gi than gi. I'm not sure if that matters though. I know very little about BJJ competition outside of my own (limited) training.

A guy who trains with me tapped his opponent twice in the grappling portion, and his standup is much better than his grappling, so Im sure he looked fine in that regard. (Edit-Lol, I guess I should have put that he didnt get picked to go any further than the standup)TUF is not looking to find the best fighter, they are looking for the fighters that will start fights, act like idiots, and get ratings.

Last edited:
I'm sure during the audition process he gave somebody a CV. I really doubt he was cut just because they didn't know what he has accomplished.

They probably thought he was going to be a boring personality. I would have loved to see him compete, but if you've seen the guy's youtube videos, he makes a very obvious effort to stay professional.

I think this should be appreciated, but it would take away from the wild stuff some guys bring to the table. Being overly polite can also give off a "fake" vibe.

A guy like Randi is smart too. He is the type of guy that could pull a marketing stunt. For instance, I could see him slamming the hell out of someone and just dominating in the early rounds. And then leaving for personal reasons, get out of the contract situation, and use the whole experience as a marketing tool. (thats a kind of elaborate "what if", but marketing guys in general can raise some red flags)

Rhadi was on bottom, so he wasn't holding osaekomi.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the term.

That was my understanding too. If he was on top and controlled the other guy for two minutes I retract my comment.
Otherwise, I really don't think you can argue with the judgment. Regardless of submission grappling skills, in MMA if a wrestler is able to pin you down for 2 minutes he is pretty much able to unleash his will upon you.

I'm just pissed now. I shouldn't have read this thread...especially with all the GSP hate and animosity towards grapplers reaching a fever pitch lately.

I'd personally like to kick everyone in the nuts who thinks GSP has something to be "sorry" for and has to answer to his fans for not being "exciting". Every one of them should have to fight Dan Hardy, and be ridiculed if they don't stand and bang or have an "exciting" style.

Now this shit with Rhadi. Although I still like it, I'm beginning to understand why Rickson and other purists piss on MMA. It's as much about the terrible perception being created and BS politics, as it is the actual quality of fighting.

I dont understand this either. Yes fighters are entertainers, but first and foremost they are competitive athletes. Just like all other athletes. No one gets mad at a football team that doesnt run "exciting plays" or a basketball player that goes for a layup instead of a slam dunk. Those sports are entertainment too. Fighters dont owe the fans anything, other than to go out there and try and win.

I'm sure during the audition process he gave somebody a CV. I really doubt he was cut just because they didn't know what he has accomplished.

They probably thought he was going to be a boring personality. I would have loved to see him compete, but if you've seen the guy's youtube videos, he makes a very obvious effort to stay professional.

I think this should be appreciated, but it would take away from the wild stuff some guys bring to the table. Being overly polite can also give off a "fake" vibe.

A guy like Randi is smart too. He is the type of guy that could pull a marketing stunt. For instance, I could see him slamming the hell out of someone and just dominating in the early rounds. And then leaving for personal reasons, get out of the contract situation, and use the whole experience as a marketing tool. (thats a kind of elaborate "what if", but marketing guys in general can raise some red flags)

I think they don't want him because he didn't spaz out on the ground and roll everywhere in an effort to look exciting.

Jeff Joslin didn't make the TUF cast either...I forget what season, but there you have it...

I think they don't want him because he didn't spaz out on the ground and roll everywhere in an effort to look exciting.

I'm not calling Rhandi a spaz, but if you've gotten a chance to watch video on him, he's anything but gentle when he's competing. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get cut for being too slow and methodical.

Rhadi was on bottom, so he wasn't holding osaekomi.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the term.

kinda misunderstading.

Titlefight seems to be claiming that the 2 mins under control(or actually in half-gaurd) in this case defines your grappling abilities.

Let me know if true cuz we could rehash alotta threads.:D

My original point, however, was that a fella with bad knees was told to demo his judo and bjj skillz via starting on knees in groundwork.

I'd like to know as well, how the hell strikers get voted on. IMO, tuf just BLEW any/all credibility as a serious form of comp(in anyway) over a soap.

Olympian? He'll insist on winning it. Those guys are freaks.

Jeff Joslin didn't make the TUF cast either...I forget what season, but there you have it...

No shit?

Yes. You got it.

Tho, did he fail the 2 min on knees grappling do or die test?lololol

They should just rename this show, "The Ultimate Brawler" and be done with it already.

oh well. Another soap.

Has nothing on the Bachelor.:D

They should have allowed him on the show WITHOUT tryouts.

No shit?

Yes. You got it.

Tho, did he fail the 2 min on knees grappling do or die test?lololol
No, Joslin actually made it pretty far. Apparently they were trying to get a rouse out of him by asking retarded shit like what he'd do if someone pissed on him, etc. He just stayed calm and collected. They didn't think his personality was right for the show, but they liked him as a fighter and he got to fight for the organization anyway...here's all I could find on it:

After making it to the final selection round for the third season of Spike TV

^Yeah, I've heard several other stories of guys who were qualified(even overly so) being cut from making the show because they didn't have the "personalities" they were looking for. I mean for all the shit sherdoggers talk about Pro-Wrestling, atleast PW makes no pretensions about being a genuine athletic contest(unless specifically mentioned as a shoot or whatnot), but TUF has been pulling this crap for quite a while yet people think its not a soap opera. >_>

When he talked to Dana White, he should've introduced himself as "Kimbo Slice's cousin."

No, Joslin actually made it pretty far. Apparently they were trying to get a rouse out of him by asking retarded shit like what he'd do if someone pissed on him, etc. He just stayed calm and collected. They didn't think his personality was right for the show, but they liked him as a fighter and he got to fight for the organization anyway...here's all I could find on it:

Now that u reminded me, didnt Joslin have a brown at the time?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back