• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You Ever Forget Race Exists?

I dont forget race's existence but it is not a big deal. Knowing where you came from is cool.

I never once saw race as anything other than what it is, some people have white skin, some people have black skin, and some people are somewhere in between. It wasnt until about 2015 when Obama started dividing things by race and race relations got bad did I notice that race is more than just a different skin color, its a tribalistic classification.

Lol, that’s rich.

Its 100 percent true though. At least the fact I never noticed race until it became politicised and infilitrated the media.

Yeah, except your first statement is completely at odds with someone who “doesn’t notice race.” What are you, 12?

Absolutely nobody is buying your shit. Nobody. Just give up on this one, son.

there are absolutely differences in races and cultures. everyone should be treated equally as individuals regardless of group characteristics though.

Well now in my late 20s i'm alot closer to being color blind then i was as a high schooler. So you cook with wok or a skillet..all roads lead to rome as far as minor cultutal differences. I notice gender differences are much more glaring then racial ones

It's only since i got cable tv for the first time in my life about 10yrs that i became aware of race. It's never been in the forefront of my mind in the past. Now i hear about it on American news channels daily.

Yeah, except your first statement is completely at odds with someone who “doesn’t notice race.” What are you, 12?
Absolutely nobody is buying your shit. Nobody. Just give up on this one, son.
Ummm I dont know what you're talking about. It seems like youre trying to argue a point, but in not quite sure what it is. Maybe try being less vague.

No, never.

It's literally the only thing I think about.

It's only since i got cable tv for the first time in my life about 10yrs that i became aware of race. It's never been in the forefront of my mind in the past. Now i hear about it on American news channels daily.
@Jack Reacheround This is another way to express what I'm trying to say. I never noticed race as such an important thing until I was told it was.

I remember the first time I met an Australian person in America for their first time and they got all weird and scared and then 5 minutes latter said that, "that was the first black person [they've] seen in real life and there were a lot of them!"

The honest truth is the people that are the most racist that I meet are middle easterners, Pakis, and east Indians after them is Koreans, Vietnamese, and after them are white people.

I imagine you could conduct a study and figure out how the replies differ by the race of the participants asked.

Furthermore, I never said race would be the first thing people notice about someone. Just that it's impossible not to notice. You're not just going to see a black guy and never realize in your interaction that he's a black guy.

I'm just saying that within one "race" there are lots of variables. Short people, people with different shades of skin color, eye shape, etc.
Well, what is a black guy? I assume we are both using the American definition of race and I can picture an African looking feller (whatever that also means) but if go else where, they would refer to non-African people as "black" since they're dark skinned. I assume most Americans wouldn't call an Indian or a South East Asian black, but in some parts of the world, they do.

I'm just saying that within one "race" there are lots of variables. Short people, people with different shades of skin color, eye shape, etc.
Well, what is a black guy? I assume we are both using the American definition of race and I can picture an African looking feller (whatever that also means) but if go else where, they would refer to non-African people as "black" since they're dark skinned. I assume most Americans wouldn't call an Indian or a South East Asian black, but in some parts of the world, they do.

"What is a black guy..."

Come on dude. Stop trolling.

Unless you're from some twilight zone of a nation, you know what a black guy is.

Aren't you just as much a mixed black guy as you are a mixed white guy?
Technically yes, but the world will NEVER see it that way. I bet if I took a DNA test, I would be more white than anything else, but nobody's ever called me white and plenty of people have called me black or Puerto Rican or Indian or whatever. Just the way it is.

Not really.

If you live in an area with lots of immigrants, you definitely don't forget about race.

Though I've been in environments with a lot of 2nd and 3rd gen immigrants of different races, and you sort of can forget about it in that setting.

Back