You Ever Forget Race Exists?

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Despite race being a constant topic these days in media, the Internet, politics and in daily life, I sometimes forget I have a race.

I'm Indian (dot not feather), but was born and raised in the US. I grew up in New York City but currently go to school in rural Ohio of all places. And even though I'm usually the only colored person in any given situation, I often times forget that I'm brown and everyone around me is white. Perhaps it's because my own personal interactions tend not to involve race, I can forget it exists.

I'm NOT saying this to seem holier than thou. It's just something I wanted to see if other people felt. To be honest, it's freeing to forget about such an pointless characteristic.

Which one were you?
The_Nahasapeemapetilon_Family.PNG

There's only one race. The human race.

Dw3_JeZWsAAunNj.jpg

... Oh yeah, and also the Indy 500.

And the Olympic Relay, I guess.

That's it though.

Just those 3.

Well it actually doesn't exist so yeah. It only exists because people think it does. If you go to other cultures, countries, and eras in history, the concept of race changes.

No?

People literally have distinct skin colors and facial characteristics.

No one, other than blind people, simply "forget" that race exists.

Despite race being a constant topic these days in media, the Internet, politics and in daily life, I sometimes forget I have a race.

I'm Indian (dot not feather), but was born and raised in the US. I grew up in New York City but currently go to school in rural Ohio of all places. And even though I'm usually the only colored person in any given situation, I often times forget that I'm brown and everyone around me is white. Perhaps it's because my own personal interactions tend not to involve race, I can forget it exists.

I'm NOT saying this to seem holier than thou. It's just something I wanted to see if other people felt. To be honest, it's freeing to forget about such an pointless characteristic.

Nah I’m a mixed black guy. So race is a permanent part of my life.

Half of my family is white and the other is black.

Race effects your job, your dating ability, all that stuff.

In what ways, if any, has race positively impacted your life, TS?

Not recently. Apparently I’m privileged or some shit. That’s what everyone keeps screaming at me anyways.

No?

People literally have distinct skin colors and facial characteristics.

No one, other than blind people, simply "forget" that race exists.

So do people of the same race. I'd argue people notice how short I am before they even notice my skin color.

In what ways, if any, has race positively impacted your life, TS?
Positively? Indian guys are more likely to randomly start talking to me at parties (I seem more approachable since I look "similar to them"), and I love that I have an easier time with Indian girls.

You're Indian?

Indians and Chinese have a free ride of milking the spiritual Guru and kung fu chi master bullshit with westerners like it's nobodies business.

I never once saw race as anything other than what it is, some people have white skin, some people have black skin, and some people are somewhere in between. It wasnt until about 2015 when Obama started dividing things by race and race relations got bad did I notice that race is more than just a different skin color, its a tribalistic classification.

And even though I'm usually the only colored person in any given situation
Haha this is so funny because you mean the term People of Color. This is ironic because it is used to get non black minorities to think of themselves as black people.

Nah I’m a mixed black guy. So race is a permanent part of my life.

Half of my family is white and the other is black.

Race effects your job, your dating ability, all that stuff.

Aren't you just as much a mixed black guy as you are a mixed white guy?

... I love that I have an easier time with Indian girls.
Do you mean you have an easier time than men of other races, or an easier time with Indian women as opposed to other women?

I sick of the race thing but I'm constantly reminded of what I am. Like the other day I was just walking along not thinking about my race and suddenly some dudes pulled up alongside me and were like 'hey bro you want our car?', and it was a nice car so I took it but as soon as I started driving it dawned on me yet again that I'm white. Sometimes I wish people would stop throwing free shit at me so I could feel I'm just human and nothing else

Back