You Ever Forget Race Exists?

I'm saying the larger minority groups commit more serious racism and they should be held accountable for it.
I'm not sure punishing racism is really a solution or pretending it doesn't exist.

I'm not saying the solution is to just embrace racism full stop but pretending one isn't racist to be politically correct just seems disingenuous.

The problem with the concept of race is the closer you look at it the harder and harder it is to define.

I think their are historical reasons that the idea of race was utilized to undermine and divide people being exploited by aristocrats to maximize their profits.

Historically when laborers wanted better pay or time off and they began to organize the Aristocrats in the United States would just import laborers that spoke a different language to prevent unionization which created racial tensions.

Blaming the newly exploited group of laborers pitted the poor against each other. Divide and conquer.

Is this before or after you guys pass around the peace pipe around the fire pit?
Hey, I'm more transparent than white! Lol.

Was just waiting on one of my nieces, as usual. They're genetically incapable of being on time, methinks.

o_O It's a joke, don't ban my ass.

so you don't believe race exists?
When I think about it no.

When I don't think too hard about it yes.

I guess it doesn't matter if I believe in it or not because I was raised as if it was true so it is unconsciously drilled into me.

I'm a little older and hispanic born here tho and growing up was more about everyone is equal rather than identity politics and everyone is a victim. I believe democrats and Republicans do this ID politics to keep eyes off the ball and Democrats in particular to adapt a corporate plank rather than labor/poor plank they had until Bill Clinton came along and realigned party to right or neoliberalism. It's a divide and conquer strategy at it's core and leads bad places - see Balkans after Tito fell.

So to answer your question I'm color blind but I was brought up in a different time where united we stand divided we fall was stressed more. My religion also say we are are equal before god so that plays a big part.

I'm a little older and hispanic born here tho and growing up was more about everyone is equal rather than identity politics and everyone is a victim. I believe democrats and Republicans do this ID politics to keep eyes off the ball and Democrats in particular to adapt a corporate plank rather than labor/poor plank they had until Bill Clinton came along and realigned party to right or neoliberalism. It's a divide and conquer strategy at it's core and leads bad places - see Balkans after Tito fell.

So to answer your question I'm color blind but I was brought up in a different time where united we stand divided we fall was stressed more. My religion also say we are are equal before god so that plays a big part.
I agree with you.

I think the Democrats do not represent labor anymore and pander to this race bullshit which leaves 'poor' white America feeling excluded and angry and with no left to represent them the right panders to them.

So called liberals look at white America's fears of immigrants taking jobs under the lens of race but the economy in the United states depends on illegal immigrants to function and historically immigrants have been used to destroy organized labor and undercut living wages and all that. It is no different today but their is not a cohesive narrative of this present in the cultural zeitgeist at the time.

I agree with you.

I think the Democrats do not represent labor anymore and pander to this race bullshit which leaves 'poor' white America feeling excluded and angry and with no left to represent them the right panders to them.

So called liberals look at white America's fears of immigrants taking jobs under the lens of race but the economy in the United states depends on illegal immigrants to function and historically immigrants have been used to destroy organized labor and undercut living wages and all that. It is no different today but their is not a cohesive narrative of this present in the cultural zeitgeist at the time.
The reality is the politics of both paties are Neo-liberal and the political discourse of recent decades has dramatically shifted from social and economic equality to using "explosive" cultural issues, such as abortion, race, gay marriage, gun control etc and occasional wag the dog wars so people ignore economic divide and despair and are distracted.

Sure a Republican will throw his plebs a gun and a democrat wants no guns (cultural issue) but that never addresses why people resort to shooting one another (invariably poor economics).

The reality is the politics of both paties are Neo-liberal and the political discourse of recent decades has dramatically shifted from social and economic equality to using "explosive" cultural issues, such as abortion, race, gay marriage, gun control etc and occasional wag the dog wars so people ignore economic divide and despair and are distracted.

Sure a Republican will throw his plebs a gun and a democrat wants no guns (cultural issue) but that never addresses why people resort to shooting one another (invariably poor economics).
When did it change to this weird ID politics victim bullshit?
When did it mix with this ideal of not being triggered while triggering others?

Back