You ain't the best 135 lb Fighter UNTILL....

No... they wouldn't pay mighty mouse anything to fight that superfight. They did not try to make it happen at all, they wont even promote DJ and now they robbed him of a clear win last week. #Fixed
<LikeReally5>

This is the weirdest mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance I've ever seen. TJ ducked MM, but UFC didn't pay DJ enough to fight TJ at 125 his own division, so regardless DJ is blameless and TJ is at fault.

This is the weirdest mental gymnastics and cognitive dissonance I've ever seen. TJ ducked MM, but UFC didn't pay DJ enough to fight TJ at 125 his own division, so regardless DJ is blameless and TJ is at fault.

Not my fault you got Tjs balls in your mouth.

Everytime you end a reply you pretend you can't understand what people are saying. Stfu.

Huh? I never remember TJ saying anything about Dom and if he was hurt I guess you just answered why he didn't fight?(Which I won't deny, dude is always hurt) Lol If your chance to avenge a loss comes up and that person is willing to fight you, why the hell wouldn't you take it..oh because he feels he never lost to him in the first fight? Well suck it up bud, there is an L. And Dom took that title and is considered the best in the division.

The rematch needs to happen for TJ to be considered the legit best at Bantam. I will agree that Cruz should fight once before a title shot again. Either Cody or any contender. On the same note the only interesting fight for a defense right now is Moraes.
He wanted the immediate rematch, but he had to fight the #1 contender Assuncao while Cruz fought old man Faber.

He wanted to fight again after he beat Assuncao, but Cruz wanted to face the #8 fighter, so TJ once again fought the N1 contender Lineker.

After that he told Cruz to go fuck himself. If UFC puts the contract in front of him he'll sign it but he's free to give his opinion. Crazy how TJ is only held to these standards like he has to avenge a loss for a fight he can't get, but Cruz is still "the best ever" when he wanted no part of a Garbrandt rematch.

He wanted the immediate rematch, but he had to fight the #1 contender Assuncao while Cruz fought old man Faber.

He wanted to fight again after he beat Assuncao, but Cruz wanted to face the #8 fighter, so TJ once again fought the N1 contender Lineker.

After that he told Cruz to go fuck himself. If UFC puts the contract in front of him he'll sign it but he's free to give his opinion. Crazy how TJ is only held to these standards like he has to avenge a loss for a fight he can't get, but Cruz is still "the best ever" when he wanted no part of a Garbrandt rematch.

He fought Faber because it was the smartest business move to make. Once again, you show your lack of match-making understanding. Cruz schooled TJ, nobody ducking TJ.

1: Get by the elite of the Division, Marlon Moraes, ect.
nBuMVt2.gif

2: Defend the belt at least "HALF" as many times as the Goat did.
Anderson-Silva-beats-Forrest-Griffin_original.jpg

3. Clear your division
Sorry Tj, you ain't the goat of the division. Same goes for Cruz. Maby in a few years, but not right now. Good luck.
What is this nonsense? What is this shit?

Cruz is clearly the BW GOAT. He has more wins than TJ, less losses than TJ, more title fights than TJ, and a win over TJ. I don't see how there's any debate here.

I meant as in when he still had the title. I already know he tried to campaign for a fight like crazy after he lost the title. I have no issues with that at all. The problem is, is that he lost to Dom. Not the other way around.
Yes, TJ had to fight his way back up. I know it irritated the few who actually like Dillashaw, but the fact is Dom was running the division longer, came back from injuries and won the title back. He is the OG and TJ could use that win as a huge argument for his claim.
TJ has developed tremendously and the way he tossed Cody up in the second fights just shows how he can improve and play into his opponents game.
I already said I think Cruz should fight a contender, I think Cody would be a good rematch. It'll draw more for a potential rematch for TJ and Dom. Dom is also still suffering injuries and I never remember Cody being brought up again after the initial loss. My memory is poo though at times.

Does the belt really matter if you beat a top 5 guy?

TJ beat the number 1 contenders Assuncao and Lineker while Dom was fighting old man Faber and losing to an unproven Garbrandt.

TJ's last 5 wins are over the highest ranked Bantamweights at that time, Cody (twice), Lineker (then ranked #2), Assuncao (then ranked #2), Barao (then ranked #1).
Spot on post

This is why, when ever a Conor hater brings up "but but title defenses" I simply respond, beating champs>>>beating contenders.

So a "title defense" over a Borg or a Cote or a Vitor at 205 means more then a win over a higher ranked opponent just because "title defense?"

Naw. It's never been like that

Title defenses mean nothing. It's about the quality of the opponent and the quality of the win

TJ is in the convo for BW GOAT for the same reason Conor is in the discussion for GOAT....you look at the resume of wins, the top fighters who were beaten, and the fashion in which they were beaten. That's what's impressive. That's what makes a true GOAT

NO matter what people say, TJ has the best resume at BW, and Conor has one of the best resumes in all of MMA (Aldo, Alvarez, Holloway, Poirier, Mende, Nate etc)

@That209

Cruz is clearly the BW GOAT. He has more wins than TJ, less losses than TJ, more title fights than TJ, and a win over TJ. I don't see how there's any debate here.

True, so many blind TJ nutthugggers.

True, so many blind TJ nutthugggers.
Funny thing is, I really like TJ. I've thought that he's been severely underrated for a couple years now. I remember the UFC had TJ ranked at like #11 p4p, whereas I thought he was easily top 5. That being said, facts are facts. Dom is the BW GOAT, and it's not really close at this point.

You must defeat Fedor to stand a chance

Every elite mma fighter likes dragonball.

Nobody likes your posts on sherdog.
You are all amazing lol. You sound like a 12 year old, please don’t ever change. This is too good to change.

Back