News Yoel will compete on the same show Masvidal recently competed

I don’t think Yoel is interested in fighting anymore. He’s a once a year guy for the next few years and he’s retired.

Romero still lost. Not to mention Whittaker broke his hand early in the fight so he was basically fightiing with one hand.

Romero also took his sweet time in the 3rd or 4th round when he got caught in the groin area to recover his gas tank. He milked the shit out of it. His gas tank wouldn't have made it to the 5th round.

yoel_romero_hospital_ufc_225.jpg

he had swelling in his eyes and a bloody nose. Whittaker had brain damage and a broken hand and took like a year off.

he had swelling in his eyes and a bloody nose. Whittaker had brain damage and a broken hand and took like a year off.
Brain damage? How exactly would you know that?

Imagine using his broken hand as an argument. He beat Romero twice with a broken limb lmao

Stay salty

Brain damage? How exactly would you know that?

Imagine using his broken hand as an argument. He got that by hitting Romero. He beat Romero twice with a broken limb lmao

Stay salty

multiple knockdowns and strikes landed while he was recovering from a knockdown. he was concussed pretty bad. bunch of other shots. doing the stanky leg dance which is a sign of a compromised gait. look up gait and concussions.

multiple knockdowns and strikes landed while he was recovering from a knockdown. bunch of other shots. doing the stanky leg for like no reason which is a sign of a compromised gait. look up gait and concussions.
Romero didn't have the gas tank to stay active during the entirety of the fight unlike Whittaker.

Whittaker got caught by a couple of power shots, so what? That doesn't make Romero the winner.

At the end of the day, the judges scored the fight in favor of Whittaker. Crying about it won't change the facts.

Romero didn't have the gas tank to stay active during the entirety of the fight unlike Whittaker.

Whittaker got caught by a couple of power shots, so what? That doesn't make Romero the winner.

At the end of the day, the judges scored the fight in favor of Whittaker. Crying about it won't change the facts.

im not talking about changing facts. I am talking about who took more damage. strictly from a damage perspective i'd rather be romero than whittaker. that being said, 2 judges thought whittaker won and 1 thought romero won. Its not controversial for people to disagree with one of those 2 judges.

Not this crap again. Yoel whooped his ass and had him on the brink of defeat more than once. It was a clear win under Pride scoring, and a draw at best for Whittaker under the unified scoring.

Besides, Whittaker had a year long layoff following the first Yoel fight -- from injuries he sustained during that fight.

Let's not kid ourselves.
This isn't PRIDE and even if it was you'd still be wrong.

Let's not. Whittaker won twice. Once on one leg, which is the injury you're referring to from the 1st fight. He beat your people's champ on one leg.
Hi Ben cunt

Whittaker did not win twice. Yes, Whittaker had an injured leg, a result from Yoel targeting the leg, which is part of the fight. Whittaker won the first fight and I am fine with that decision.

Yoel Romero whooped Robert Whittaker's ass in the second fight and I can guarantee you Yoel had impaired vision from the punches he took, yet he had no problem finding Whittaker with his own punches. The argument is dumb -- it's a fight.

Yes, Whittaker managed to win the first fight "on one leg", but Yoel made adjustments in the second fight and had him facing down at the canvas more than once. Nobody cares about the first fight anymore.

Yoel is the people's champ to those that are worthy.

Good god you people need to stop. The BEST RESULT that Romero could have hoped for was a draw. I can see the 5th being a 10-8, but the 3rd was absolutely not a 10-8. Romero's style doesn't do him any favors in decisions, he gives up too many rounds reloading his gas tank and being too passive.
Yoel did not lose that fight imo, and for somebody to make the argument that Whittaker was the winner just because he is fighting before Yoel is fighting is just vacuous -- especially when Yoel fought before Whittaker did after he lost the first fight.

Yoel's style is not a great style to score points with; that's fair. Yoel made really good adjustments and had Whittaker in trouble multiple times.

There's an argument for Yoel winning the 4th round, not even taking into account the possible 10-8 rounds. I would need to watch the fight again, but I can't believe Whittaker fans can celebrate that fight. Whittaker is a warrior and won more minutes of the fight, but when he lost minutes, he lost them badly.

Yoel's style is not designed to win minutes and he sacrfices them for his explosive bursts. He normally finishes the fight, but on the few ocassions he can't, he badly damages his opponents. The Jacare fight is another close one, but it's a fight where Yoel did a lot of damage and he himself was never close to being finished. I am more willing to give out a 10-8 round than most people are, but he had at least one 10-8 round against Whittaker and he never lost the contest, and he definitely won the fight/the battle -- whatever you want to call it. That means something to some people.

Last edited:
This isn't PRIDE and even if it was you'd still be wrong.
I know it's not pride, but don't be stupid. Whittaker would have lost that fight under fair pride scoring and there could be no debate about it.

I know it's not pride, but don't be stupid. Whittaker would have lost that fight under fair pride scoring and there could be no debate about it.
You are wrong. Missed weight and still couldn't even win.

Hi Ben cunt

Whittaker did not win twice. Yes, Whittaker had an injured leg, a result from Yoel targeting the leg, which is part of the fight. Whittaker won the first fight and I am fine with that decision.

Yoel Romero whooped Robert Whittaker's ass in the second fight and I can guarantee you Yoel had impaired vision from the punches he took, yet he had no problem finding Whittaker with his own punches. The argument is dumb -- it's a fight.

Yes, Whittaker managed to win the first fight "on one leg", but Yoel made adjustments in the second fight and had him facing down at the canvas more than once. Nobody cares about the first fight anymore.

Yoel is the people's champ to those that are worthy.

You claim an ass whooping but one guy is gearing up to defend the strap and the other went into hiding until reality tv called. Don't make it into something it's not. Yoel took serious damage too. It was a close fight but as it's been proven time and time again volume/activity wins over power i.e. hendo v bisping 2. If you're swinging for home runs you better hit one and twice yoel fell short.

GayJesus for president 2020

You have ZERO proof he has brain damage and if you see his interviews after he is exactly the same. Maybe later on he may be fuct but at this stage you're talking absolute shit. How many good champions have taken time off for a serious injury. Thats a discredit to Yoel by you saying that, because fighting a monster like that is bound to leave a mark. Get over it mate. Bobby is 2up!

You claim an ass whooping but one guy is gearing up to defend the strap and the other went into hiding until reality tv called. Don't make it into something it's not. Yoel took serious damage too. It was a close fight but as it's been proven time and time again volume/activity wins over power i.e. hendo v bisping 2. If you're swinging for home runs you better hit one and twice yoel fell short.
The same shitty argument lmao. Yoel is 40 and has been an athlete since the 90s -- he can do whatever he likes.

Yoel took damage, but he was never close to being finished. Has it been proven? The scoring seems pretty inconsistent and open to interpration to me. I can see nothing less than a draw for Yoel. I'm fine with people thinking it's a draw, but to think Whittaker won is ludicrous.

Yet Yoel fans keep recycling the last round is 10-8. Ok lets say you're right. That makes a draw Einstein.
I'm fine with people thinking it's a draw. I cannot agree that Whittaker won. He was in big trouble more than once. Whittaker made it out of that fight and gave Yoel a good fight. Credit to him for that, but Whittaker fans shouldn't lie to themselves about what happened that night.

Back