News Yoel will compete on the same show Masvidal recently competed

Not this crap again. Yoel whooped his ass and had him on the brink of defeat more than once. It was a clear win under Pride scoring, and a draw at best for Whittaker under the unified scoring.

Besides, Whittaker had a year long layoff following the first Yoel fight -- from injuries he sustained during that fight.

Let's not kid ourselves.
Let's not forget who popped for banned substances and looks like the incredible hulk at age 40+

Well there aren't many of us. But what I said is true. Most people on here hate Whittaker for a judges decision. Like yourself. Let that sink in. He put on 2 great shows against Yoel and yet was completely discredited for fighting the sports most dangerous man. Twice. Because he is a humble man and isn't from one of the main MMA countries he is overlooked and underrated. Always the underdog and some people like myself respect that. We aren't anything like the bigger fan bases, far from a Conor/Jones/Silva/Gsp/Moose fanatics. And I thought we were cool OHFA

No ill-will for the actual fighter, just the people acting like Robert destroyed Yoel when he barely won a split-decision and was nearly stopped twice. I'm a huge Yoel nuthugger, though, so take my posts with a picogram of salt :)

Not this crap again. Yoel whooped his ass and had him on the brink of defeat more than once. It was a clear win under Pride scoring, and a draw at best for Whittaker under the unified scoring.

Besides, Whittaker had a year long layoff following the first Yoel fight -- from injuries he sustained during that fight.

Let's not kid ourselves.

Let's not. Whittaker won twice. Once on one leg, which is the injury you're referring to from the 1st fight. He beat your people's champ on one leg.

No ill-will for the actual fighter, just the people acting like Robert destroyed Yoel when he barely won a split-decision and was nearly stopped twice. I'm a huge Yoel nuthugger, though, so take my posts with a picogram of salt :)
No way he destroyed Yoel in the second fight. The first wasn't a dominate win either but he won decisively. The second it was over I knew it was 3-2 so i was expecting Rob to win. Rogan really did a number on Yoel himself and the fans by saying 30 seconds out that Yoel needs a finish then goes to throw Whittaker under the bus post fight. The best if the last round was a 10-8 which in MMA scoring wasn't because Rob landed enough then its a draw. I really fail to see how Yoel won that fight in this scoring system. Now if it was based on solo knockdowns and stanky legs and who had who in more trouble then Yoel would have won. But thats not the scoring system. He cant expect to do nothing for 2 rounds and win on points. Damage looks like Yoel took more but shows how much of a beast they both are. If Yoel hit anyone else they would be out. If Whittaker hit anybody else they would have been out.

Let's not forget who popped for banned substances and looks like the incredible hulk at age 40+
So you can't argue the original point?

You can believe what you like about Yoel, but he's not a guy who suddenly got jacked in his mid-thirties.
He also proved that his substance was contaminated.

Romero broke Whittakers hand on his head, then Whittaker broke Yoels face. Now Yoel is too afraid to get back in the octagon whilst Whittaker defends his belt. GG lol

Oh wow, didn't think this will bring salty Whittaker fans out the backwaters still mad what Yoel did to Bob.

Whittaker for sure got brain damage. Horrible referee.

Watch the highlight at 45 seconds the way robert does the stanky leg means his gait is compromised

https://www.brainline.org/research/how-brain-injury-can-affect-gait

3d-round-KD.gif

5th-round.gif

Romero still lost. Not to mention Whittaker broke his hand early in the fight so he was basically fightiing with one hand.

Romero also took his sweet time in the 3rd or 4th round when he got caught in the groin area to recover his gas tank. He milked the shit out of it. His gas tank wouldn't have made it to the 5th round.

yoel_romero_hospital_ufc_225.jpg

Romero still lost. Not to mention Whittaker broke his hand early in the fight so he was basically fightiing with one hand.

Romero also took his sweet time in the 3rd or 4th round when he got caught in the groin area to recover his gas tank. He milked the shit out of it. His gas tank wouldn't have made it to the 5th round.

yoel_romero_hospital_ufc_225.jpg
Yeah man don't think I have seen any fan base go on about a loss this hard. Maybe Hendricks/Gsp?!

His eye looked fucked up when they showed him at UFC 233

The most pressing matter in this thread is that too many people were feeding one of the most obvious trolls in recent memories.

The shows instagram posted about it too.

Let's not kid ourselves.
Good god you people need to stop. The BEST RESULT that Romero could have hoped for was a draw. I can see the 5th being a 10-8, but the 3rd was absolutely not a 10-8. Romero's style doesn't do him any favors in decisions, he gives up too many rounds reloading his gas tank and being too passive.

Whittaker actually landed the biggest shot in the 3rd round with a dead-flush head-kick yet somehow Romero walked right through it. I have no fucking idea how he did that.

4:41, slow it down to half speed.

Back