Yoel gets put out to pasture tonight, right?

I love Romero, like Nemkov. Win win for me. If Yoel wins though, I woudn't be surprised.

After this "performance" by Romero, he has to retire.

Nemkov couldnt put away a 46 yr old gassed, blind, low output fighter... not sold on that. Yoel needs to retire.

He beat the absolute shit out of Yoel for 4 rounds and had him hurt badly in the 3rd.

It's not like Yoel's easy to finish, even at 46. Like you said he has a low output. He fights very defensive and doesn't leave many openings. On top of that he still has a great chin

I love Yoel as much as the next sherdogger, but our boy is 46 now and fighting a 30 year old who is arguably the best LHW in the world.

I fear we’re going to see a legendary chin get cracked.

Hold on brother, I’m crying.

<RomeroSalute>
I still refuse to believe he can pass a drug test

Beat him handily on points but gassed at the end and Yoel ate his shots like nothing. Yoel is a freak

Uhh how many 205ers would you favor over Nemkov?
Jiri, Jan, Hill, Rakic, and Ankalaev off the top of my head.
Obviously Jones would be favored if he drops back to 205, but there aren't many I'd favor over Jones.
I would argue Reyes if he proves that his loss streak has been shit luck and not a shot chin, but I think his chin may be gone.

I'm not saying Nemkov isn't talented. I'm not saying he wouldn't be top 10 in the world. I'm just saying he is in one of Bellator's weakest divisions and he doesn't always look too impressive, even if it's against some weaker competition. I've been watching Julius Anglickas since he was an amateur (local guy), but he made it look far more competitive than it should have been until he gassed.

I think he should retire though. His tactics and tomfoolery might be fun for his fans,but it doesnt make for a fun fight. His output is 46 yr old level,and he's just so durable,that he manages to do this for 5 rounds. He's too slow to land much,too inactive to take a decision.

He just went down a completely different evolutionary pathway. None of us could understand. His brain atrophied for the sake of his muscles. He’s probably one of the dumbest fighters I’ve ever seen. No coincidence he’s also one of the most jacked. You can’t have everything!

Jiri, Jan, Hill, Rakic, and Ankalaev off the top of my head.
Obviously Jones would be favored if he drops back to 205, but there aren't many I'd favor over Jones.
I would argue Reyes if he proves that his loss streak has been shit luck and not a shot chin, but I think his chin may be gone.

I'm not saying Nemkov isn't talented. I'm not saying he wouldn't be top 10 in the world. I'm just saying he is in one of Bellator's weakest divisions and he doesn't always look too impressive, even if it's against some weaker competition. I've been watching Julius Anglickas since he was an amateur (local guy), but he made it look far more competitive than it should have been until he gassed.
Lol, you have to be joking. He only lost to Jiri due to a 10 minute first round which he mostly beat up Jiri in when Nemkov was very green and only lost cause he didn't have the cardio and didn't know how to pace himself. He has improved more, Jiri gets rocked damn near every fight.

I think he's too well rounded for Jan, Hill and Rakic, he could out strike all three and he has much better wrestling. Ankalaev would be a tough fight but Nemkov looks to have significantly better fight IQ than him.

LHW is not one of Bellator's weakest divisions, the top 5 of that divisions would easily compete with the top 5 in the UFC if not win more often, primarily due to the UFC having almost no good wrestlers. They might not have the most entertaining LHWs but don't confuse that a lack of skill. Julius Anglickas was more competitive with Rumble than Glover was, judging Nemkov negatively based on one fight in which he won is bizarre especially since Anglickas is one of those guys that has an unorthodox style.

Last edited:
Back