Yoel gets put out to pasture tonight, right?

With his cardio getting worse and his output waning even more? This is a tough fight.

Nemkov should be able to stick his jab and let kicks fly behind it landing at will. Romero is defensively sound but you can't get away with his output against somebody like Nemkov who can arguably out strike any LHW in MMA and who can push a mean pace.
I think Romero handles the early rounds well but he's going to gas out sooner or later and when he does I think Nemkov lands a fight ending headkick.

Nemkov is going win this one, Yoel is getting old, too old to compete with next generation.

Nemkov will make him work for the first 2 rounds and then finish him after he’s been gassed out in the 3rd

I love Yoel as much as the next sherdogger, but our boy is 46 now and fighting a 30 year old who is arguably the best LHW in the world.

I fear we’re going to see a legendary chin get cracked.

Hold on brother, I’m crying.

<RomeroSalute>

I don't think Romero's fighting style over the last few years would allow for his chin to get cracked. As far as winning or losing, he may not have beat Nemkov in his prime. Nemkov is a legit BADASS.

i can't see yoel winning this. Nemkov is one of the only champs bellator has that would actually do well in the UFC

but i'll be rooting for him

What may happen is Yoel turtles and throws very little and gets way outputted/beat up. Yoel is too crafty for me to ever predict him getting KO’ed. He knows how to survive extremely well in fights even if not win

Romero is not getting KOd by nemkov - nemkov doesn’t have that kind of power .

maybe via leg kicks

but no way he’s gettjng slept

Soldier of God via Cuban Missile

yoel-romero-yoel.gif

Back