Year 2019. No elite boxer in MMA yet.

It's been more than 20 years, but no sign of elite boxers in MMA. Almost most major disciplines had someone who showed their effectiveness in MMA. The list is long.

Taekwondo - Pettis. Third dan
Shotokan Karate - Machida Third Dan
Kyokushin Karate - GSP Third Dan
Judo - Fedor Fourth dan.

Sports Sambo - Minakov Multiple time world champion
Combat Sambo Khabib Multiple time world champion

Freestyle wrestling - Romero - Multiple time world medalist
Folkstyle wrestling - Askren - Two time Hodge trophy winner
Grecoroman Wrestling Hendo - Two time Greco Roman Olympian

Kickboxing - Crocop Multiple time k-1 GP finalist, and GP winner
Muay Thai Anderson/Shogun? Probably lacks pure muay thai credentials
Kungfu(Sanda) Zabit European Champion
Kungfu(Wushu) Folayang World Bronze Medalist

I guess only ones you could argue to have the boxing backgrounds are..Maldonado and Sergei....obviously Sergei being better than Maldonado...prime sergei was a beast...asian games silver medalist in boxing after all...I mean the best was Nishijima I guess tho. Definiton of being thrown to the wolves tho. He was a world champ, but he had zero success in MMA....

People might say its the money but there are many out there and most dont get really paid that well at all even compared to minus a few top elites, and if you think about the popularity of boxing internationally, you would at least have found ONE....I mean GSP and Pettis is third dans but they probably havent achieved shit in their arts and there must be a lot of boxers whos at worst on par with their boxing expertise but where are they?
Gold @ 2013 World Wushu Championships

Bazigit Atajev.jpg

It's been more than 20 years, but no sign of elite boxers in MMA. Almost most major disciplines had someone who showed their effectiveness in MMA. The list is long.

Judo - Fedor Fourth dan.

I guess only ones you could argue to have the boxing backgrounds are..Maldonado and Sergei....obviously Sergei being better than Maldonado...prime sergei was a beast...asian games silver medalist in boxing after all...I mean the best was Nishijima I guess tho. Definiton of being thrown to the wolves tho. He was a world champ, but he had zero success in MMA....

People might say its the money but there are many out there and most dont get really paid that well at all even compared to minus a few top elites, and if you think about the popularity of boxing internationally, you would at least have found ONE....I mean GSP and Pettis is third dans but they probably havent achieved shit in their arts and there must be a lot of boxers whos at worst on par with their boxing expertise but where are they?
Why would they?

Petr yan is the closest thing we have right now.
Correct. Peter Yan has Master of Boxing (Master Sporta), which is like getting black belt recognition in Russia. He is a very good boxer.

OK2E7JV.gif

{<jordan}
What the hell was conor doing?

Elite boxers don’t waste their time with mma lol

Why would they take pay cuts to get kicked, kneed and wrestle fucked?

Loma would buttfuck everyone at Bantamweight with mind blowing ease.

Didn't Melton Bowen fight for a world title?

Ricardo Mayorga

He got subbed by backyard legend "Level" from the DADA500 documentary Dawg Fight.

Also Jeremy Williams was a legit boxer that was undefeated in MMA, although he never stepped up in competition.

Out of all those disciplines mma included elite boxer's get paid the most. So why would they even bother? Stupid thread with an obvious answer

Judo - Fedor Fourth dan.

None of the other disciplines have any other career options out side of coaching beyond the Olympics if they want to continue competing, Boxers do, that's the difference.

EDIT: Not to mention if they aren't making big money as you mentioned then they are not Elite Boxers so there's also that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back