Year 2019. No elite boxer in MMA yet.

Unless you know you can get the type of success of a Conor McGregor, there no reason for an elite level boxer to give up the prime of his athletic career to compete in MMA when he can make significantly more in boxing.
GSP is estimated to have the 2nd highest net worth, trailing Conor. Meanwhile, Anthony Joshua is worth nearly twice as much as GSP despite starting his pro career when GSP walked away from the sport the first time.

Petr yan is the closest thing we have right now.

Conor's the closest we've gotten so far

the boxing level in MMA has been pretty low for a long time but It's been Improving

To be a truly elite boxer though at the top of the food chain, you literally have to eat sleep breathe boxing. It's just not possible in MMA
Lol conors boxing isnt very good and you know it good trolling. He has great striking for MMA.

No doubt. Imagine the hand trapping and sneaking shots in behind gloves etc too. Opponents wouldn't know wtf was going on.

And combined with his wrestling ability, and amazing workrate and stamina, if only Uncle Dana would cough up enough cash.

<bball2>

Dudes striking game is already better than any ufc fighter and he has solid ground fundamentals.

No trashtalk + no wwe fake shit + good looking guy = perfect fighter

Lomachenko_Rigondeaux_Boxing.JPG.jpg

Lol conors boxing isnt very good and you know it good trolling. He has great striking for MMA.
Conor really has you fucked up man, you can never give him a fair shake.

Conor has the best boxing I've personally seen in MMA thus far. Feel free to provide another example though. I know boxing. Do you?

People who actually know what they're talking about when It comes to boxing. You're an MMA fan, don't analyze shit outside of your realm.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/...loyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-boxing-ufc-mma

Yeah, it's different in Russia as wrestling is their sport and Putin personally endorses it. In America I don't think the pay is bad, but the grass is greener in MMA.

I have no idea about american wrestlers, but there are some other options: coaching & WWE

Barboza made 100.000$ vs Lee ... imo its not worth the risk.

It depends.

Let them bang ...

James Toney had Randy Couture shoot for a takedown at the very start of the fight, I'd say thats effective

James Warring (cruiserweight champ) made it to the finals in the World Combat Championship in 1995.

Butterbean, Nishijima, Holm, Marcus Davis, Lytle, Mercer, Toney, Raphael Butler, Jeremy Williams are same names of the top of my head. You'd have to have rocks in your brain or severe CTE to switch from making boxing money to making MMA money.

Butterbean, Nishijima, Holm, Marcus Davis, Lytle, Mercer, Toney, Raphael Butler, Jeremy Williams are same names of the top of my head. You'd have to have rocks in your brain or severe CTE to switch from making boxing money to making MMA money.

lol at Holm
none of them really showed its effectiveness tho

I still think Nishijima could have made some impact if he literally wasn't throw into fucking wolves.

Surprised no mention of little Nog

Boxing
3rd in Pan American Games
Twice Brazilian Champion
South American Champion

All amateur but that’s a legit boxing pedigree and more than any UFC competitor beside Holm.

Well if I was just an elite boxer, boxing's probably where id go too
Yeah the big difference is mma pays better than those other sports. Boxers have a viable career path in their own discipline

Back