Yeah... There is nearly a 0% chance Dustin Poirier fights for a title

He has said in a recent interview that he isn't accepting anything but a title shot. Suddenly he feels entitled to skip the line instead of fighting Tony. Dude is rather unpopular, far from a draw and this attitude won't get him far.

It must fucking suck to be a top 5 LW right now.[/QUOTE]
Agreed on all levels but as far as the part I quoted you can blame Conor for stalling the division for a year. Literally all the names you listed could have fought and the entire division could’ve been straightened out by now

Who gives a fuck if he sells or not, casual. If he's good enough then he will be the champion. Ufc's accountant over here.
That's the thing.

He doesn't sell and he isn't good enough.

We have Tony, Khabib, Conor, Kevin lee...all of which are better fighters and are better from a marketing standpoint.

So no, Dustin sucks and doesn't deserve a shot yet.

Barboza would kill em IMO.

It must fucking suck to be a top 5 LW right now.
Agreed on all levels but as far as the part I quoted you can blame Conor for stalling the division for a year. Literally all the names you listed could have fought and the entire division could’ve been straightened out by now[/QUOTE]
I disagree. Champion waiting on the sidelines doesn't stop the other fights from happening. Injuries do. As it was the case with Tony and Khabib.

Hes gonna end fighting Lee or Ferg first

Id like to see him and Barboza trade

It must fucking suck to be a top 5 LW right now.

he's legitimately #4 right now. in a perfect meritocratic environment he'd be at least 1 fight away.

if he fights Tony i'll gladly watch. and it should definitely be for a title shot.

LMFAO.....Kevin Lee sells much more and it's a better shit talker that gets people interested.

Kevin Lee had fucking staph...No shit he missed weight by 2lbs lol....OMG such an advantage!!! It was clear that Tony had the advantage, Kevin wasn't 100%.

He lost with a legit excuse...and the fight was really entertaining.

Not to mention Kevin Lee is a better fighter than Dustin and has a better record IMO

Dustin Poirer is a boring fighter...Boring Personality....cookie cutter fighter that fights like 99% other fighters.....Sorry he is nothing special at all.

<{hfved}>

Boring fighter? Really? His last 3 fights have been really exciting. His fight with KZ was insane. Poirer is an exciting kill or be killed fighter when he gets in the cage.

It is not really much different than boxing TBH. Plenty of guys put up great records and beat top opponents in the sport but got sidestepped for years for political reasons. Hagler fought years and years, before he finally started getting bigger fights, and it took him a really long time to get a title shot as well.. It happens..

He doesn't deserve it yet.

Conor vs Khabib is the obvious title fight.
Then Tony deserves it.

Poirier vs Lee is the fight to make. Both are 100% behind Conor, Khabib and Tony which is 2 fights.

A while ago I thought Lee was the future at 55. But he has weight issues. 170 is likely where he is going..

I agree mostly though I wouldn’t say 0%. Anything can happen and you can’t completely count anyone out.

<{hfved}>

Boring fighter? Really? His last 3 fights have been really exciting. His fight with KZ was insane. Poirer is an exciting kill or be killed fighter when he gets in the cage.
LMFAO.

Bro Korean Zombie, Eddie Alvarez, and Justin gaethje made the fights exciting...I seen his other fights, not very exciting.

I simply don't like his cookie cutter, bring nothing new to the table style.

I'll keep on saying it.

Good chance that Khabib/ Conor falls apart, so have a co-main of Poirier vs. Tony, that way if needed one can replace a fighter who may get injured or fails to make weight. If no issues they fight as scheduled & become the number one contender & next challenger to winner of Khabib/ Conor.

Dustin Poirer is a boring fighter...Boring Personality....cookie cutter fighter that fights like 99% other fighters.....Sorry he is nothing special at all.

Three finishes in his last three fights of three former champions (2 UFC/1 WSOF). Two were fight of the night and one was performance of the night. Get off the crack pipe.

Even though the tough son of a bitch deserves it. I respect guys like Poirier because he's had his losses. But it's one thing to have a close loss here and there (like Dillashaw) and still think you're the best out there. Its another when you've been starched multiple times in multiple weight classes, knocked out cold, and yet you still continue an upward progression. He still has the balls to carry his confidence and continue to improve. I'll always respect Dustin for not letting the losses break him as a person or hold him back from his full potential.

That said, in the current landscape... this dude is sadly not fighting for the title.

It is pretty clear that Khabib wants to fight Conor. This is the most likely outcome at the moment. If Conor wins, you can expect a super fight against GSP or someone like Holloway at 155. There is a 0 percent chance McGregor rematches Dustin at LW. If Khabib wins, he's going to be booked to fight Tony. Everyone knows that fight needs to happen and if Khabib doesn't fight Conor, Tony is the next guy who is getting that fight.

Furthermore, Dustin will have to fight someone like Kevin Lee to hold his spot at the top of the division. That's a tough ass fight for Dustin (I know many will disagree because you hate Lee and think with your emotions). If he loses that fight, he is knocked right back down the ladder. It must fucking suck to be a top 5 LW right now.
tenor.gif

Three finishes in his last three fights of three former champions (2 UFC/1 WSOF). Two were fight of the night and one was performance of the night. Get off the crack pipe.
and they were exciting because he fought exciting fighters who make fights exciting.

Also just because you finish somebody, that doesn't make you exciting..I seen plenty of fights where their is a finish and a fight was boring as shit until that one moment.

LMFAO.

Bro Korean Zombie, Eddie Alvarez, and Justin gaethje made the fights exciting...I seen his other fights, not very exciting.

I simply don't like his cookie cutter, bring nothing new to the table style.

I disagree. It takes two to dance. Even his fight with Miller was good. When I see Poirer on the card I expect to see a good fight. He isn't an entertaining guy out of the cage, but that shouldn't be the be all and end all. He's a bit cookie cutter, but it's actually refreshing to have a guy who just wants to fight,

Lee had poor ppv buys vs El Cucuy iirc.

He has said in a recent interview that he isn't accepting anything but a title shot. Suddenly he feels entitled to skip the line instead of fighting Tony. Dude is rather unpopular, far from a draw and this attitude won't get him far.
I think thats the fair fight to make. This fight & whoever wins gets the winner of Khabib/Conor.

exciting guys get title fights: nate diaz, cerrone, iaquinta

Dustin Diamond fits into that category

he'll probably step in against Conor when khabob pulls out again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back