Xi'an black belt academy China (do not come here) - 西安黑带馆

LaowangXian

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I need to tell people to not come to Blackbelt gym. I practice BJJ for two and half year at black belt. When I first join it was a very good gym and Instructor his name is Manny Almeida was a good teacher. Manny and manager of gym and Krav Maga teacher Alex (张韡耀) had problem and Manny no longer taught him. When Alex do not come to class everything is good and we all have a good feeling but because Alex and Manny have problem Manny go back to Brazil. We have another teacher called Hudson Rocha from Brazil. Hudson was good man but did not speak Chinese and English not good so we are not able understand him. We like Hudson and he was a good man and good teacher. Hudson would talk English aND Alex would tell us with Chinese, Alex must return to BJJ class to do this now class is not good. Alex shout at student and older student everyday and make them afraid.

Black Belt have four blue belts and 1 purple belt but now they all leave. Everyoner leave the class because of him. Both Alex and Oliver are not good and will cheat you. Manny, Hudson do not like Alex and will not come back. Everyone at gym was unhappy because now there is no real teacher. Only Alex.

Remember him. He is not a good man. His mind have some problems.

Last edited:
It's interesting to read (or attempt to) about gym politics in China. As mentioned above, I probably won't end up in China. But if I do, I won't attend this gym. :)

BJJ sure has gotten weird. I haven't seen this nonsense in any part of my life since middle school.

Me also. Alex is like angry. If he is not there then the gym is good. Even muay thai teachers do not like him. Many people leave jiu-jitsu because of him.

Last edited:
Hey, I´ll be in Xian in April and in May. I´m doing BJJ in my homecountry (Germany) right now, and would like to continue my training while in China. So far I´ve only found horrorstories about this "Black Belt Academy". Is there a legitimate BJJ gym in Xian where I could go? I´d also consider some other grappling style =)

I would love to go to China and train there. Chinese people are some of the best I have come across and a rude person is really hard to find in Chinese culture. Too bad it did not work out with this instructor but if there is enough interest in China for BJJ then I can possibly arrange for instructors to visit and teach there.

this oliver fella had no character development and came out of no where

I would love to go to China and train there. Chinese people are some of the best I have come across and a rude person is really hard to find in Chinese culture. Too bad it did not work out with this instructor but if there is enough interest in China for BJJ then I can possibly arrange for instructors to visit and teach there.

there are extremely rude people all over china.. im sure the martial art practicing population is different, but in general, i cant say i have a good impression of mainland chinese

.... Sarcasm? You would be hard pressed to name any people on earth more rude than mainland Han Chinese.

.... Sarcasm? You would be hard pressed to name any people on earth more rude than mainland Han Chinese.

Guy probably encountered the educated few who were exposed to western culture. Chinese tourists are like the plague.

Guy probably encountered the educated few who were exposed to western culture. Chinese tourists are like the plague.

I have lived in a country right next to China for over twenty years and have encountered Chinese people in multiple capacities. I found the Chinese to be extremely humble with an exaggerated sense of respect. They would never speak over you and would always act courteous.

Western culture is not superior so stop feeding yourself the racist "feel good" nonsense that outsiders who come in contact with your TOILET PAPER will become civilized or morally superior.

Back