Xbox One without Kinect announced: $399

Xbox One was already way ahead of the ps4, this only furthers the separation in terms of quality.

16krot4.gif

Propaganda?

tumblr_lr45i3iFWK1qjemo2o1_500.gif

Indeed, the PS4 doesn't run 1080p@60fps on every game, but it does on most, and it spanks the Xbox One virtually across the board. It isn't propaganda. It's just a cold fact. The X1 is the PS4's bitch as a piece of hardware. Sony doesn't have to lie when they're tapping that ass so sweetly:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

I consider it propaganda when people claim every PS4 game is 1080p and 60fps.

I know the PS4 is more powerful and most of the games are 1080p, while a chunk of games don't have solid 60fps....but the Statement of "PS4 runs at 1080p @ 60fps" is 100% false and it's just a good marketing line.

Both systems are weak as shit tho, way weaker than I expected...Back in the day Consoles actually pushed boundaries...So I don't really care about specs for this generation.

At least Sony has an excuse, their shitty business is having problems so obviously they can't make a console that losses money per console...Microsoft on the other hand could of gone for the kill by making a really powerful console with a really good price point, they could afford to lose some money per console...they played it safe tho.

Last edited:
PS4 is still a better value.

and thats the problem.

Xbox One is weaker so obviously they waste less money to make each console.

Xbox One should just got for the kill and sell @ $350-$370....Even less if they could IMO.

Just kill off sony....Sony is weak right now.

I own both consoles. XBO is the better of the two, and that is an unbiased opinion.

And how does this only further the separation in terms of quality?

If anything removing the kinect exposes the X1 even further as the inferior system.

and thats the problem.

Xbox One is weaker so obviously they waste less money to make each console.

Xbox One should just got for the kill and sell @ $350-$370....Even less if they could IMO.

Just kill off sony....Sony is weak right now.

As far as Sony's gaming division goes you have an interesting definition of weak.

As a 360 and xboxone owner I can say that the free games with gold excites me for my Xboxone .
As far as the Kinect goes , the price is what was stopping people from picking up the xbox. But no BS . I can see people picking up a Kinect down the line . It's quite useful .

But none of it really matters until E3 when they say when the External Harddrives are being released

Saw a mile away this was going to be a console flamewar.

It speaks volumes that Microsoft is moving back on its 'XBOXONE requires Kinnect' soundbite.

But it's dissapointing that 6 months after both's release, either have released any awesome game that would crush the other.

Saw a mile away this was going to be a console flamewar.

It speaks volumes that Microsoft is moving back on its 'XBOXONE requires Kinnect' soundbite.

But it's dissapointing that 6 months after both's release, either have released any awesome game that would crush the other.

They actually went back on it 2 months after the reveal . I can unplug my Kinect and evreything would be fine .

And we won't see any of those games until next year when Studios can take their time and break down both consoles .

And we won't see any of those games until next year when Studios can take their time and break down both consoles .

Quite sad it takes so long for the next gen systems to actually get next gen games.

Hell, even XBox360 came out with Oblivion and RNR3 within a few months, and the arguement could be made they were next gen.

Basically, this next gen is getting last gen games, with slightly improved graphics. Or for games that come out on both gens, they intentionally make the old gen games look worse than their prior releases, to make their next gen games look superior in comparison.

Quite pathetic, really. Makes you wonder what improvements both systems could have been made in the entire year it took decent games to come out for each.

And to be clear, I'm blasting both companies. But I'm amazed Sony didn't see this dilemma coming years ahead, and put in development 3 or 4 killer next gen games to release within the first few months of both systems release to put the last coffin nails into XBOXONE, after the fan backlash over their initial plans to put the coffin nails in gamer freedom.

They, I'm most dissapointed in, but I'm almost thankful that they'll have competetion for the near future. We all know what happens in monopolies. If anyone wants a reminder, just think of what happened to Pro Wrestling after WWE bought out ECW and WCW.

Yes, let's get the inferior xbox without the unwanted kinect at the SAME price as the superior PS4.

Sorry, but to little, to late.

It's a statistically and technologically factual wrong opinion.....

Just saying.

Lol'ing hard @ those metrics. It comes down to the quality and experience the product delivers, which isn't simply limited to specs and sales numbers. I feel bad for people who base their low level opinions on this. Xbox One hands down trumps the ps4, and again I own both consoles and that is an unbiased opinion.

Lol'ing hard @ those metrics. It comes down to the quality and experience the product delivers, which isn't simply limited to specs and sales numbers. I feel bad for people who base their low level opinions on this. Xbox One hands down trumps the ps4, and again I own both consoles and that is an unbiased opinion.

Is that you in your Av?

Is that you in your Av?

Unless he's Kobe I think not.

But in all honestly don't bother with the troll. Hell that dude openly supports....

Five basketball teams.... Honestly what fool has five "Favorite Teams" in one sport.

All we hear from the ps4 front is how superior the system is because of hardware(same thing that was said last gen) yet even unbiased sources say the differences in graphics are very close when actually playing the games(just like last gen). Ps4 users I guess have to tout the superior hardware because they can't actually boast about having better quality of games at this point because that's still up in the air.

I own both consoles. XBO is the better of the two, and that is an unbiased opinion.

Never was and the 360 never was. And it's the xbox fanboys faults that we are seeing more restrictions and costs on the PS4.

Never was and the 360 never was. And it's the xbox fanboys faults that we are seeing more restrictions and costs on the PS4.

The fact that you use the word "fanboy" shows your bias. Again, I own both systems, I know more about games than you do, I am better at games than you are. I have no horse in this race, and my opinion is high level. Your opinion is meaningless.

I'd put a value of $385 for a kinectless sku considering the specs of the xbox one.whatevers, i'm going to wait til christmas with hopes of a good bundle deal.

Back