• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

not really though. majority of the characters had extremely similar character models due to budget & a relentless production schedule. all these people are saying in this interview is that this revival has been afforded the opportunity/ability to make each character design unique in more subtle ways than they could in the 90s

Um... no.
Not even close.

I've rewatched the first 15 episodes in the last month and can tell you saying it had 'extremely similar character models' is gaslighting those purely going off of memory of a show most only saw 30 years ago.

Um... no.
Not even close.

I've rewatched the first 15 episodes in the last month and can tell you saying it had 'extremely similar character models' is gaslighting those purely going off of memory of a show most only saw 30 years ago.
pay really close attention. it’s especially noticeable in the male characters—heights are adjusted, but their build (arms/chest/abs) & their head/jaw are the same. the female characters are almost 1:1 (i think i remember Mystique having a bigger bust than most of the other female characters) besides Jubilee. it’s a lot easier to hide the character models when each have signifiers (i.e., uniforms/accessories) unique to them. it’s a pretty common practice.

& i’m not saying it is uniform across the board because some characters have attributes specific to their character (i.e., beast is naturally more broad & has a bigger build).

pay really close attention

No, you pay attention.

R.10aea81e110398fbd6c9b7c88b940917

R.542cdff1879d80290b9548ca9caa5cf7

R.9444221a9e21d7e84c8ed0b09aeaa1c9

R.8b91574579d92d2a27ef2682cc7bc679

R.be2503486a6873938f3e09a43aa9da88

sELXUbracZfBtEAozukHYRfbmas29Vn1tjLySjkLX5SF1nW0ooQZyD-AIG0-iN0CKGjxMWf1Ly1CzCpbT9WsHtiYAjDxgIhr0kDV9Xli2KJa2PcSxb0_7MMTFVWMKq07YSSBwQGyhw=w2400

'extremely similar character models'

<TrumpWrong1>

it’s especially noticeable in the male characters—heights are adjusted, but their build (arms/chest/abs) & their head/jaw are the same. the female characters are almost 1:1 (i think i remember Mystique having a bigger bust than most of the other female characters) besides Jubilee. it’s a lot easier to hide the character models when each have signifiers (i.e., uniforms/accessories) unique to them. it’s a pretty common practice.

& i’m not saying it is uniform across the board because some characters have attributes specific to their character (i.e., beast is naturally more broad & has a bigger build).

Yeah, they're a superhero team, and their physical conditioning & strength is what helps them to save lives. So that's an obvious reason why they're built like athletes, rather than frumpy couch-sitters.

And the 90s series is actually toned down from the comics, which is fine, but it goes to show comics buyers & kids watching animated shows all like to see their heroes, being in great shape... But apparently that's a problem to the activists now working within Disney and see the 90s series and see there needs to be more...

.... 'body diversity'...
....to 'stay relevant'...
... for 'modern audiences.'

No, you pay attention.

R.10aea81e110398fbd6c9b7c88b940917

R.542cdff1879d80290b9548ca9caa5cf7

R.9444221a9e21d7e84c8ed0b09aeaa1c9

R.8b91574579d92d2a27ef2682cc7bc679

R.be2503486a6873938f3e09a43aa9da88

sELXUbracZfBtEAozukHYRfbmas29Vn1tjLySjkLX5SF1nW0ooQZyD-AIG0-iN0CKGjxMWf1Ly1CzCpbT9WsHtiYAjDxgIhr0kDV9Xli2KJa2PcSxb0_7MMTFVWMKq07YSSBwQGyhw=w2400

'extremely similar character models'

<TrumpWrong1>

Yeah, they're a superhero team, and their physical conditioning & strength is what helps them to save lives. So that's an obvious reason why they're built like athletes, rather than frumpy couch-sitters.

And the 90s series is actually toned down from the comics, which is fine, but it goes to show comics buyers & kids watching animated shows all like to see their heroes, being in great shape... But apparently that's a problem to the activists now working within Disney and see the 90s series and see there needs to be more...

.... 'body diversity'...
....to 'stay relevant'...
... for 'modern audiences.'
you just posted a bunch of images of characters using the same character model. i’m confused. do you know what a character model is?

i’ll ignore the bottom because nobody associated body diversity for the purpose of staying relevant except for the person who wrote the hit piece you posted.

"It was surprising turn of events on the eve of the show’s March 20 debut. Splitting with writers is a normal part of business for Marvel or any studio. However, it is unusual for a top creative on a Marvel project to miss a premiere or cancel press plans last minute, even if they’ve been shuffled to the side."

Oh, they fired him before the premier so the activist asshole didn't have the opportunity to talk to the press and immediately convince everyone to avoid the show like the plague.

Fired before it's even released? Wow, you just know this is going to be a dumpster fire of horse shit...

Yeah, but its not like Disney Execs are just now getting around to watching the show and are so disgusted with the end result they immediately fire the Creator/Writer/Showrunner.

They fired him far too late to correct any problems, and far too soon to the premiere date for this to not be hugely suspicious. Usually they'd ask someone to 'move onto new projects' in-between seasons, and not immediately 'fire' him.

Something new and dire had to happen to fire him immediately, a black member of the LGBTQ community, which were thought to be un-fire-able in today's political environment that the more oppression points you have the harder they are to fire.

He's black, and gay, and if he was Muslim he could run to be President and probably win because he could accuse everybody against him to be Homophobic, Racist, & Islamophobic.

Yeah, but its not like Disney Execs are just now getting around to watching the show and are so disgusted with the end result they immediately fire the Creator/Writer/Showrunner.

They fired him far too late to correct any problems, and far too soon to the premiere date for this to not be hugely suspicious. Usually they'd ask someone to 'move onto new projects' in-between seasons, and not immediately 'fire' him.

Something new and dire had to happen to fire him immediately, a black member of the LGBTQ community, which were thought to be un-fire-able in today's political environment that the more oppression points you have the harder they are to fire.

He's black, and gay, and if he was Muslim he could run to be President and probably win because he could accuse everybody against him to be Homophobic, Racist, & Islamophobic.
He was probably told by Disney corporate to stop with all the political bullshit he has been spouting as they know that it's turning off fans in droves.

He probably refused, being the activist asshole he is and rather than allow him to field all the interviews and regurgitate all his usual identity politics garbage, they fired him before he got the chance.

...at a guess.

He was probably told by Disney corporate to stop with all the political bullshit he has been spouting as they know that it's turning off fans in droves.

He probably refused, being the activist asshole he is and rather than allow him to field all the interviews and regurgitate all his usual identity politics garbage, they fired him before he got the chance.

...at a guess.

You may be 100% right, or perhaps we're taking bits and pieces and making a mountain of woke from it.

I admit to having massive mood swings about this series. One day I'm hopeful its going to be great and all the 'woke bits' were just for critics to give the show high scores. And the next day I'm convinced this is going to be for the 90s X-Men series what 'The Last Jedi' was to Star Wars.

I'll be waiting for trusted reviews when the show drops. I'm not risking my respect for the original 90s series, after the 5th season already did alot of damage to that.

You may be 100% right, or perhaps we're taking bits and pieces and making a mountain of woke from it.

I admit to having massive mood swings about this series. One day I'm hopeful its going to be great and all the 'woke bits' were just for critics to give the show high scores. And the next day I'm convinced this is going to be for the 90s X-Men series what 'The Last Jedi' was to Star Wars.

I'll be waiting for trusted reviews when the show drops. I'm not risking my respect for the original 90s series, after the 5th season already did alot of damage to that.
These activist cunts destroy everything I loved growing up. I too am going to need multiple reviews from sources I trust before I will even look at this.

Expectations at zero so far though...

So Disney hires outspoken person.

Outspoken person continues to be themself; an outspoken person.

Disney fires outspoken person for being outspoken… haha, what?

Yeah, I'm not quite buying that either.
He's been an outspoken activist since his first public statemengs at a ComicCon a few years ago - "As a gay black man, I am bringing with me my life experience as a writer for X-Men '97."

If that was a problem for Disney, as if he wasn't specifically cast because of his oppression points, they would have fired him a long time ago... or added extra producers that could overrule his decisions, and he would have quit a long time ago.

Yeah, I'm not quite buying that either.
He's been an outspoken activist since his first public statemengs at a ComicCon a few years ago - "As a gay black man, I am bringing with me my life experience as a writer for X-Men '97."

If that was a problem for Disney, as if he wasn't specifically cast because of his oppression points, they would have fired him a long time ago... or added extra producers that could overrule his decisions, and he would have quit a long time ago.
The industry isn't what it was a couple of years ago. Disney has since had a bunch of large, high profile flops and is absolutely hemorrhaging money.

Their CEO even admitted their activist BS is the main cause and that they'd be bowing out of the "culture wars". The crap they could get away with two years ago and what they can today are night and day.

After working in the corporate world for a while now, I bet it was more like this:

1. One suit hires outspoken person because their beliefs align.

2. Outspoken person continues to be outspoken person.

3. The suit's boss, who cares about money, not ideology, gets wind of just how outspoken this person is, becomes afraid of the backlash, and fires the suit and the outspoken person.

The industry isn't what it was a couple of years ago. Disney has since had a bunch of large, high profile flops and is absolutely hemorrhaging money.

Their CEO even admitted their activist BS is the main cause and that they'd be bowing out of the "culture wars". The crap they could get away with two years ago and what they can today are night and day.

Still not convinced.

That's what they've been saying for years now, even before it started to get really bad and accumulating a billion dollars in losses.
I believe someone in Disney, I can't recall who, said "We're not getting political." Which translates to they didn't considered having their politics reflected within their projects as 'getting political.' And later they admitted they got too political.

But the entire Disney creative infrastructure has been saturated with years of DEI hires before we were calling it DEI. There's not a question they're 'woke,' but to what extent, and if they can put that shit to the side and produce quality non-partisan entertainment.

We shall see.

Back