WWE Entrances

Rod Farva

War Big Nog!
@Gold
Reaction score
what do you guys think about letting guys design their own entrances?

I’ve been against it for quite some time but maybe it’s time for a change. Right now, it’s a guy walking to the octagon while a song plays.

What would be wrong with some flair? How about you show some of the guy’s highlight reel as he comes to the cage? Allow some lights or something. Anything

It would give fighters a chance to show some of their own personality. Maybe fans would start to say “I like the guy who walks out to...” or “I like the guy who’s entrance starts with...”

I’m not saying turn the UFC into the WWE. Save the overreaction. But, maybe UFC could use some elements from the entertainment side of WWE. Baseball started allowing players to put a nickname on their jerseys for a weekend as a way to connect with fans. This may be a step towards marketing some guys and building a fan base back up.

What do you think?

I think there's too much time between fights already...and I'm not one for WWE style
intro's.

More focus on ranks, title fights (ie: champs actively fighting), etc.

I have no prob with it.

Even PRIDE let mo-foz get silly in their walk-downs.

It makes for the LULz, and gets people to notice guys they might not, otherwise.

Hell, with the way Worst Management Ever (WME) is epically FAILING to promote fighters and matches, why not?

I think there's too much time between fights already...and I'm not one for WWE style
intro's.

More focus on ranks, title fights (ie: champs actively fighting), etc.
I get it.

1. Thanks for responding rationally

2. Maybe they can do both.

I agree there needs to be more structure in terms of ranking, title shots, etc. The two ideas are not linked at all.

I have no prob with it.

Even PRIDE let mo-foz get silly in their walk-downs.

It makes for the LULz, and gets people to notice guys they might not, otherwise.

Hell, with the way Worst Management Ever (WME) is epically FAILING to promote fighters and matches, why not?
BJ Penn and Tito had some good ones.

Baby steps, lets start with bringing back the RAMP!

First its the entrances. Then it will go full Carlito Carribean Cool

We do need some half naked men banging on drums too

I’m all for it. One thing I would like is more bands / artists playing live during entrances. I want to see the deftones play while Diaz walks out

And have Lenne Hardt announcing fighters names entering the arena with Michael Buffer as ring announcer. Mauro Ranallo is the main commentator with Mike Goldberg the extra.

Also let fighters have their own unique shorts again.
cro.jpg
iceman.jpg

Last edited:
Nah...

I'd rather it be more like a professional sport league as opposed to WWE...

As long as they all have hoe trains

Bellator does it pretty good. Not to over the top but still flashy. (Except for Rickles)

A good entrance doesn’t need huge theatrics. Leben vs sexyama got me so hyped from the entrances. Sexyama with the classical music and polite entrance. Then Leben comes out to chili peppers jumping around like he’s on a meth binge.

Also this
DopeyHiddenCrane-mobile.jpg

Some crazy entrances and fireworks would be cool
And less jabbering from the commentators and the Fox/ESPNtheOCHO desk<21>

I'd love it. There should be a compromise between what WWE does and what UFC does. And it doesn't have to be for the prelims.

Back