Wtf Jones says he would fight Cain in a heartbeat then says doesnt wanna talk HW

Sheesh, Jones can never win with you guys. It's always something. You have to make him out to be a loser because he wins so much. Twisted bitch logic.

shock hospital and stretcher vs the 1st young normal guy his size was enough I think

Dana needs to force Jon to come up to HW and make a revenge card with Cain beating the shit out of Jones. That'd surely sell.

Jones would beat Cain easier than he beat Cormier.

And all you guys claiming JBJ is scared to go up, Ill bet you all are the same GSP fans who used to come on here and say that GSP would go up in weight to fight AS but he needed the right amount of time to put on the weight. (just like yall are the same folks who hate JBJ for his "arrogance" but love Conor for his "confidence" and Sonnen for being a "troll")

He would fight Cain in a heartbeat...under the right circumstance.

It sounds like Jones doesn't want anything to do with HW anytime soon unless it's the right opponent and the right pay, as he said himself. Meaning a more favorable matchup for him, which is obviously not Cain. It would be his first HW fight, so that's understandable.

He specifically said he would fight Cain and wants to fight the best AKA fighters. I think he is saying he would want a straigh title shot but also keep his LHW hence the explanation of it being easy to cut to LHW for him. He doesn't want to make a permanent move.

And even if the fight is made there is a 85% chance Cain gets hurt anyways.

Jones shouldn't be expected to move up to HW as long as he can easily make 205. Now, I think Cain beats him and he might not want that fight because of it (I have no idea what Jones does and doesn't want, though), but there shouldn't be a lot of pressure on a fighter that easily can make weight to move up.

He doesn't want to gain weight. He's happy being at the weight he's at.

WW's can easily go up to HW but why would they want to weigh that much?

Why should he change his body for a bunch of whiners? He doesn't have problems weighing in @ 205, so there shouldn't be any discussion of moving up.

He would move up to HW to fight for the belt. I'm guessing he's saying he wouldn't move up to fight random fights. It's not that hard to figure out.

Not hard to figure out at all.

"2015 will be the year I cement my legacy as the greatest of all time"
+
"I keep Anderson and GSP above me to keep myself hungry"

= Jones will stay at LHW at least long enough to break the record for consecutive title defenses

"People say I am too big for my weight class but they are just making excuses."

"I had to eat more to keep my weight up for this fight"

= I am not as big as people think, I could probably make MW without much trouble.

"I would go to HW for the right fight and the right purse."

= For a buttload of money, AFTER I have already proven everything I need to prove in my career as a LHW, I would go up for the right fight and a serious payday, not to please the haters who want to see me get injured.

"I would fight Cain in a heartbeat"

= I would take that fight.

If you guys haven't figured out that Jones won't be peer pressured into anything after UFC 151 then I don't have much hope for you but if you pay even a little bit of attention there is very little mystery here.

What was that says he would fight cain then when asked again said he doesnt wanna talk about HW anymore.

Jones knows damn well he wont fight cain cuz cain aint no cormier he would eff jones up ala brock style.

He was saying that he'd be willing to have a superfight with Cain as a one-off if the money was right but he's not making a permanent move to HW.

Don't know if the fight will ever actually happen especially with Cain being injured. However, Jon fighting Cain and Jon making HW his new division are 2 separate issues.

He said he would move up to HW for fights that make sense. He doesn't wanna move up full time.

Argh, TS doesn't... ahh forget it. Alright, this topic broke me. I can't take another shit thread. I'm out. You win.

Rumble went 3 rounds with Davis and Arlovski. His gas tank isn't that bad.

He's just honestly not as good as Jones. He's very good, but he's not beating Jones.

What was that says he would fight cain then when asked again said he doesnt wanna talk about HW anymore.

Jones knows damn well he wont fight cain cuz cain aint no cormier he would eff jones up ala brock style.

You people take things out of context and run with them. He was asked about moving to 185 and he said (paraphrasing) that he would fight Velasquez and all the best at AKA. But he is not interested in fighting at HW because his weight cuts at LHW have become easier.

He also stated that he would only fight at HW for a one-time for the fans with the perfect opponent.

He made it very clear that is a LHW fighter and has no intention to move up. He answered that question from 2 moron reporters.

Did you even listen to him speak or did you read that quote from somewhere? I'm guessing the latter because you are a hater.

I think if Jones pushed for it, then it would likely happen. I also think if the UFC offered him the fight and were in talks with him about it that it would happen. Dana has bashed Jones for not accepting the Sonnen fight and has bashed other guys for not taking fights. So if this was something Jones was extremely against, I'm sure Dana will have something to say about it.

So all we have is Jones' word. Said he would fight Cain, but is focused on LHW. Which likely means he does not want to permanently stay at HW.

No he said he would love to fight cain.

Then for 2 minutes went on with reasons about why it's silly.

He said he plans on staying at LHW for a long time, like years.

He would move up to HW to fight for the belt. I'm guessing he's saying he wouldn't move up to fight random fights. It's not that hard to figure out.

Why would he move up to HW to fight for a belt when he already owns a perfectly good belt at LHW?

I don't think he has any fear of Cain after this fight with Cormier. Also, the key word in his response was "anymore", as he had already said what he had to say about fighting Cain, but knows that he is a true LHW.

He really doesn't want to fight Cain. He just won't say it straight out. He spoke about going to 185 before HW lol.

He never said anything about GOING to 185. He said he could probably make 185 if he "dug deep", phrasing it as a way to illustrate how easy his weight cuts to 205 have been recently. He weighed in in long pants, for god's sake.

Just to let everyone know he's not afraid to fight him but is it hard to understand why he is not willing to talk about it while he is doing what has never been done before and breaking all kinds of records in his natural weight class?

All the while Cain is just an average champion at this point.
Cain Velasquez defended the belt twice in his career.

Both defenses against the two guys who happen to be his only opponents inside the cage for the last 4+ years.

In the same time Jones became the youngest champion ever and defended his title 8 times against all comers.

And to top it all off, there are still more legitimate title challengers available for Jones at this point in time than there are for Cain. Crazy if you think about it.

Cain needs Jones, not the other way around. The UFC needs Jones to fight Cain so they don't have to pull any magic tricks to come up with new challengers for Cain in a barren and old division, good thing he never fights right?

Jones is already the #1 in the world today and can easily solidify his GOAT legacy at 205 where there is otherwise more prestige to be had by beating better fighters anyway.

Back